Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. iowgirl
    Started by iowgirl,

    Can anyone volunteer any information of the life skills questionnaire that we are required to take along to day 1 AC. Do we have to fill this in only if we have some sort of special experience of diversity or do we have to try and come up with things to put into all the boxes? Thanks

    fatemehparasteh
  2. AmyPiggott
    Started by AmyPiggott,

    Has anyone else who has gone through the recruitment process for Fife had their application put 'on hold' until March 2010 at the earliest? Amy

    • 20 replies
    • 2.4k views
  3. sandl2002
    Started by sandl2002,

    Hi all I was wondering if I could ask your advice. I’ve been waiting to join Cleveland police for almost 3 years. I applied June 2007, had my assessment centre in September 2008 and have been waiting for a medical ever since. I have just been informed that in order to reduce numbers even further they are now asking me to attend a final interview. I have recently found out my wife is pregnant and due in august 2010. Will this affect my chances of getting recruited as im aware they dont allow time off during the training period. I would need 2 weeks paternity leave if the start date is pre-august. I currently haven’t told Cleveland police about the pregnancy either…

  4. brad007
    Started by brad007,

    Don't know if anyone can help. I am attending a Recruitment event in 2 wks and they have sent me a confirmation email with attachments. One of which is an applicaiton form. Does anyone know if we are required to print one off for ourselves to send off or whether they give us a proper one on the Recruitment Event evening. Thanks again

  5. bakedbeanleg
    Started by bakedbeanleg,

    Hi all, had my medical in dec and passed, but not heard anything back since then. I know that there was talk of a feb/march/april intake and that they contact you about 10 weeks before to arrange fitness test, but not heard anything... has anyone else? also has anyone heard if police are making any enquiries into references etc? i'm lucky enough to have a really supportive employer and we talk regularly about how the police process is going, but my employer still hasn't received any reference request...? I was under assumption that these were being sought now? (my vetting and reference forms were handed in back in Nov...?) thanks!

    • 5 replies
    • 525 views
  6. MOB
    Started by MOB,

    Hi, anyone been through Hampshire final interview before? I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect. Cheers

    • 12 replies
    • 581 views
  7. bryder
    Started by bryder,

    Hi Got a transfer interview to W.Yorks, anyone got any ideas what the interview entails? Cheers Ben

    • 0 replies
    • 593 views
  8. neillyb
    Started by neillyb,

    Hi folks, my name's Neil and I'm due to attend the assessment centre at Tulliallan on the above dates. Did I mention that I am absolutely bricking it? Haha. I applied to Central Scotland Police on the evening of 27th December, 2009. Thinking it'd be a while before I received any reply I was astonished to discover an email sitting in my inbox at 0830 the next day inviting me along. I was over the moon, totally ecstatic - I was finally getting my chance after a year of waiting after an unsuccessful initial application to Lothian & Borders. I planned on ramping up my gym time to prepare for the run as cardio isn't my strongest point. However, I became really ill with f…

    • 20 replies
    • 2.9k views
  9. judojo
    Started by judojo,

    Hi Yet another question! Thanks for all the replies to my other questions. When you do the eyesight test, how far away is the chart? Thanks for any advice anyone can give on this.

    • 6 replies
    • 314 views
  10. wikki
    Started by wikki,

    Hi guys i have a few questions which i would like answered. I have applied for Strathclyde Police and have passed the SET and now just preparing for the fitness test since i wasnt as lucky the first time in the bleep test. Anyway any help from anyone at all would be appreciated.. 1. I want to know what the initial interview consists of. It says on the website that your application is 'validated' but what does that mean. What is asked. 2.What does the vetting consist of. Is it an enhanced disclosure scotland? I have a couple of old overdrafts will these affect me at all? What kind of security checks are their other than disclosure scotland. For example do the police che…

    • 1 reply
    • 392 views
  11. wikki
    Started by wikki,

    Hi guys i have a few questions which i would like answered. I have applied for Strathclyde Police and have passed the SET and now just preparing for the fitness test since i wasnt as lucky the first time in the bleep test. Anyway any help from anyone at all would be appreciated.. 1. I want to know what the initial interview consists of. It says on the website that your application is 'validated' but what does that mean. What is asked. 2.What does the vetting consist of. Is it an enhanced disclosure scotland? I have a couple of old overdrafts will these affect me at all? What kind of security checks are their other than disclosure scotland. For example do the police che…

    • 0 replies
    • 243 views
  12. cooldiver
    Started by cooldiver * ,

    Hi, Did anyone else attend the Surrey Police Assessment Centre at Ryton in early Feb? It's been 2 weeks since the assessments finished so I thought we were supposed to be recieving our results by today at the latest. Anyone else in the same situation? The waiting is killing me!

    • 0 replies
    • 203 views
  13. plum64_uk
    Started by plum64_uk,

    Hey Everyone, I've read some small print at the back of the application form which states (Under Note 13: Competency Assessment) as a graduate, I don't need to complete the competency based questions??? I've also been told this by a friend (cheers for the update Kath), but I’d like to know where I stand. I graduated in 2007 with a 2:2 in Biological Science from Brighton University. Do I need to complete the competency questions or simply write "Graduate" as the small print suggests? Reference - Taken from page 32 of the application form: If you are a graduate (applies to UK universities only) there is no requirement to complete competency section 1-5. Just write  

    • 18 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. plum64_uk
    Started by plum64_uk,

    Hey everyone, Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone that has helped me get to this point, i.e. where I actually have an application form for CoL Police on its way. Without the help and support of you guys I wouldn't have known about the recruitment campaign and, subsequently, would not have gotten this far. Stage 1 (obtain application form) - complete. Stage 2 (filling it in) has popped up a few questions: Medical: I have no severe disabilities but I do/did suffer from a few things that might pose a few problems: 1) Colour Blindness I have Dichromatic Colour Blindness, suffering from the Protanopia type. It's caused by the absence of red retinal photo-rece…

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  15. judojo
    Started by judojo,

    Ok, so I have passed everything, medical, fitness test, second interview, A/C , application form, references being done,...so the only thing I can now worry about , the drugs test. I had the drugs test yesterday and won't know the result until next week. So can anyone help me. I have never taken any illegal substance in my life but for some reason I am worried I will fail. I was asked to decalare everything that I have taken in the last 3 months. I declared all medication, and pain killers that I have taken, and some natural sleeping aid, I stopped sleeping just before the A/C!! Can anyone put my mind at rest so that I can get some sleep!!! Many thanks all.

    • 5 replies
    • 728 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.