Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jonathan1985
    Started by jonathan1985,

    I AM WANTING TO TRANSFER FROM BEDS TO MET AND WONDERING HOW SOON AFTER STARTING I WILL BE ABLE TO CHANGE AND WHAT INFO I NEED. ANY HELP OR ADVICE WULD BE GREAT

    • 1 reply
    • 760 views
  2. Benj08
    Started by Benj08,

    Hi there, just wondering if anyone on here was in Oxford yesterday to do their fitness test, How did you find it? Ben

    • 3 replies
    • 217 views
  3. Tweedledee
    Started by Tweedledee * ,

    Have most people here applied to their local police force or have applied to forces further afield which meant if successful, you had to move to a new city/town? Thanks

    Iceman_gooner
  4. Aviator_Bhoy
    Started by Aviator_Bhoy,

    I am due to start Tulliallan next month but i went through the old recuitment process for Tayside ie. in force not at Tulli. I have therefore not yet been down to the college and have not yet run the mile and a half track. For those of you who have can you please give me an indication as to what the terrain is like on the course, any major hills? I take it that it's on grass?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. Ben&Jem
    Started by Ben&Jem,

    Hi there, My partner is currently a police officer in Aberdeen and we're looking to move to England in the future, possibly Wiltshire. I'm pretty sure we can't move during probation, but was wondering when and how likely it is to get a transfer after that? And also if anyone else has done this. Any advice at all would be great, thanks. Jem

    • 0 replies
    • 634 views
  6. RemovedUser18-10-21
    Started by RemovedUser18-10-21,

    I'm just wondering if anyone has included one of these in with thier application to clarify any dealings with the police as well as to represent yourself as a law-abiding citizen. Is it a good or bad idea to include one? I have one written up for when I apply (if I do) because although my family haven't got any convictions or had serous 'run-ins' with the police I know my Mother has been associated with an illegal immigrant and another guy who was dealt with by the police for harassing us.

    • 5 replies
    • 689 views
    RemovedUser18-10-21
  7. liamdavid
    Started by liamdavid * ,

    i have recently joined the force, i have been told that we should get a decent multi tool, but since i have been looking, i can not find any that do not lock, do we have a lawful excuse to carry such a knife??

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. footyfan1546620613
    Started by footyfan1546620613,

    Hi All, New to all of this so looking for as much general info as possible. I just sent my application form off at the beginning of this week and ave been emailed to ask me to attend the two day assessment at Tullialan on the 15th and 16th April. Althought I am really looking forward to it I am also really nervous about what to expect. I know that when we arrive we first sit the SET and it is then marked straight away and if you pass you then sit your fitness test. I know if you then fail this you are sent home straight away. However if you pass these two sections you then stay for the full two days doing another load of tests and the initial interview. Does anybod…

  9. Nine
    Started by Nine,

    Right guys and girls, Us applicant who weren't lucky enough/ quick enough to get onto the Jan intake have been completely let down by Surrey. After we completed our move to them along with completing our medical and fitness tests with them, they tell us 'oh sorry we can't be bothered to pay for your training so you pay for your own' I'm paraphrasing of course...but there you go. Now this topic is for all you people who have completed the PLC and are kind enough to write a few lines about your experiance of the course, how hard/easy it is, any other information etc I'm sure about 200 of us would be REALLY happy to hear form you...thanks alot …

  10. MackemDanny
    Started by MackemDanny * ,

    Hi all, Im 16 and I am looking at the police as a career for a back up incase i dont get my grade to be a doctor or dont pass my medical for a pilot. Now i was wondering would i be able to be a police officer with a medical condition called Ulcerative Colitis, which is a Irretable bowel disease. At the moment it is under perfect control by the hospital and my last flare up was over 1 and a half ago. So would the police stop me from being a police officer or would that be discrimination if they did??? All answers appreciated thanks.

  11. spannermonkey2009
    Started by spannermonkey2009,

    Hi there, just wondering if anyone out there has recently applied to Norfolk Constabulary during the 14th to 23rd october window. Sent application on monday, No doubt in for a very long and very nervous wait.

  12. dronganlad
    Started by dronganlad,

    Anyone been at Tulliallen for the rocon recently?? whats it like?? am up in april and totally crapping it!! nothing is going it to my head!!

    • 0 replies
    • 633 views
  13. aShLeY1546620273
    Started by aShLeY1546620273 * ,

    Hi everyone. Thought i'd update everyone who is waiting and is as frustrated as me. Don't know who has or hasn't had the letter. Last time I called recruitment they said I had completed vetting and was awaiting my medical date. However I've received a letter dated 26th Feb stating due to the number of applicants in the system and the considerable student officer cuts for the year 2010/11 anybody at this stage of the recruitment definitely won't get in before April 2011. So if your awaiting a medical or undergoing vetting at the moment then its going to be a long wait! Anybody else had this letter or know any other info?? Whether this is likely to change? I called the…

    Times_champion
  14. simonwade74
    Started by simonwade74,

    Hi Guys Just wanted to see if anyone had any insider information regarding the timescales invloved in the Northumbria recruitment process. Im currently going through the process, and having recently passed the assessment centre and am awaiting the fitness. The thing is, in sept / oct. 2009 I received a letter from the recruitment dept. saying that they werent going to progress the application until the end of 2010, then about 6 weeks later I received a letter inviting me to the A/C in january. Having attended the A/C in January, the pass letter went on to say that they wouldnt be progressing the application until 2011. Obviously, I just dont know what to think and…

    • 10 replies
    • 2.1k views
  15. hanjp123
    Started by hanjp123,

    does anyone know whether the devon and cornwall application for is online applications or whether it is by postal applications? cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 463 views
    Mr So Special

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.