Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. RemovedUser18-10-21
    Started by RemovedUser18-10-21,

    I understand that during the vetting process and even the application stage your family members are scrutinised by the police and are checked for criminal records and so on. I barely talk to many members of my family apart from one sibling and one parent so where does this leave me if one of the other family members who I don't talk to has a criminal record? As far as I know everyone in my family is "clean" bar the odd altercation with the police, bare in mind I haven't spoken to many of my Auntie's, Uncles, Brothers, Sisters, Father etc. As you can see my family gets on like a house on fire

    • 1 reply
    • 451 views
    wilf1546620609
  2. suzwhite
    Started by suzwhite,

    Anyone out there give me any good advise?? Went to Tulliallan yesterday for my 2 day assessment. Passed my SET tests then went onto the fitness. We had the bleep test due to the dodgey weather and passed that but failed to pass my push/pull. I had a speedy reply to my application so only had just over 4 weeks to train on my upper body strength, I was under on the push/pull by 2kg! So......any good advise on the best way to train? any help would be greatly appreciated.

    • 6 replies
    • 405 views
  3. lordnewtown
    Started by lordnewtown,

    Ok here's a brief outline of my recent history as a police applicant with West Midlands Police: September 2007 - I sent off my initial application form. December 2007 - I was informed when I phoned up, that I was successful and would be put through to the next stage. April 2008 - I passed my assessment centre. July 2008 - I sent off the last bit of paperwork that I needed for the security and background checks to get underway. September 2008 - Although I didn't find this out for a while, it was here that my background checks officially started. December 2008 to December 2009 - I was fobbed off, lied to, bulls**tted to for about a year …

    • 1 reply
    • 814 views
  4. simonwade74
    Started by simonwade74,

    Hi Guys Waiting for my fitness now (could be a long wait). But I dont want to get caught out so I tried to download the bleep test onto my mp3 and get down to the beach to practice. Whats the problem, well once Ive downloaded the file onto my MP3 and try to play it, I get a message saying Cannot Play, file format is not supported. Tried to download a few different tests from various places and doesnt work. Starting to get a bit annoyed now. Can anyone help me out. Thanks

  5. john_x
    Started by john_x,

    Hello.My name is Valentin and i am a police officer in Romania.I worked for one year for a security company in Bucharest,and for almost 4 years for the Romanian Police quick response unit/special forces.I am 23 years old,187cm tall,94kg,i have been practicing martial arts for over 13 years..and i have a black belt in kempo,and here..my salary is about 340 £ (working over 200 hours a month).I am planning on moving to the UK and i am curios if i can join the Police department there...and what do i have to do?

  6. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi all. I've applied to Merpol and was wondering if anyone who works for them could enlighten me to what experiences they have had working for merpol. I would love to hear from serving officers in the North of Liverpool.

    • 2 replies
    • 733 views
  7. hanjp123
    Started by hanjp123,

    hey, is there anywhere in the uk that has a short waiting time from application to start training? everywhere i look at the minute the way is soo long. any help would be appreciated

    • 3 replies
    • 791 views
  8. toro rosso1546620414
    Started by toro rosso1546620414,

    For anyone that is awaiting an elusive start date I think you will be able to relate to the article below that I came across while doing some research. As I was reading it I thought it was a fairly accurate explanation of my predicament with regards to Police recrutiment having applied in January 2009! Brockner and Rubin developed the notion of psychological traps that refer to situations where an individual, having decided upon some course of action that he or she expects will return a reward (in the broadest possible sense), for example joining [the Police], finds that the actual process of goal attainment requires a continuing and repeated ‘investment’ in some for…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. legend13
    Started by legend13,

    Hi, I have got through to the new 2 day assesment centre for joining the police in Scotland. I was wondering if anyone else has been through this process and could tell me what to expect. I would really like to know about the "assesment interviews" as to what sort of things i should know. I dont really have any problems with the "standard entrance test" when i done the specimen papers online, so i think i should manage that. I can run the 1.5 mile run in 11mis 47secs so should be able to do that aswell. Its everything else that is starting to worry me. I know this is a new way of assesing recruits in Scotland so i hope that someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

    • 14 replies
    • 647 views
  10. john_x
    Started by john_x,

    Here is a traning video of us.

    • 0 replies
    • 326 views
  11. s'westhopeful
    Started by s'westhopeful,

    hi there, i have passed all the selection process for surrey (after transfering application), but not in time for the January intake! is anybody else looking to the March intake? or do they know if there even is a March intake? also, like the others on the Jan intake i will be moving to the area (from the Bristol area). i would be interested to hear from people that would house share/ or who already have space to rent out, (am disappointed its not a residential course WTF?) many thanks.

  12. will251
    Started by will251,

    If you have a PC and PCSO application on going, what happens if you got the PCSO role? Do they withdraw your PC application or do they let it carry on? With the way things are atm it could be like a year before the PC role started anyway after the PCSO

    • 5 replies
    • 561 views
  13. velindre
    Started by velindre,

    Today my 20 year old son received a letter from Dyfed Powys police saying that his application for Special Constable had been withdrawn. There was no reason and the letter said that the Chief Constable had the right to withdraw the application without giving a reason. He is absolutely gutted, with good reason, as he has passed the written tests with 78% and came top in the fitness on the day. He was called for an interview with a Sergeant and HR lady who told him that they would want him to work with PCSO's in a rural area and a few days later received a letter saying that he had been succesful and would be given a date to start traing in April. I have been a Police Offic…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. Captain Scarlet
    Started by Captain Scarlet,

    Hi there I've got a date for the above assessment centre. Is there anyone else due to attend this event? I hadn't expected to be selcted for an AC before about Feb/Mar time so it was a pleasant surprise. Although I have been doing a lot of reading and research since before my paper application, I still feel that there is loads of practice to be carred out in what suddenly seems like not very much time at all before the itself day dawns! Unfortunately for me, the AC is due to finish at 1815. Due to amateur theatre commitments, I am supposed to jumping about on stage at 1930! Not much room for manoeuvre is there?! However, I understand from the recruitmen…

    Captain Scarlet
  15. Maverick_35
    Started by Maverick_35,

    Hi, Currently serving PC on response team in Essex and as seems to be the theme on these forums, i am thinking of transfering. Any info anyone could provde on South Yorks would be appreciated. CheersMaverick_352010-02-25 01:15:41

    • 0 replies
    • 658 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.