Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. PC Tomo
    Started by PC Tomo,

    Hi guys i have recently be accepted to transfer my A/C to merpol and i am currently awaiting a date for 2nd interview, so whilst waiting i thought i should be proactive and positive and start my research for my final interview :-) I am aware of what the final interview entails (as i unfortunately failed my first one on with GMP last March) although i cant remember all the questions! so, when i'm doing my research on the force itself i was wondered the following: Do i need to know for all areas: 1/ whose who 2/ initiatives 3/ the policy inside out I say this because there is an awful lots of info on each of the areas (merpol seems to be very efficient with info on w…

    • 1 reply
    • 374 views
  2. kojak1889
    Started by kojak1889,

    The below post got me thinking about my own history and there are 2 things am wondering about. I had a bit of sciatica years ago. Hum, 5-6 years ago. It was from being inactive as I was out of work for a while. The other is my leg. Ive been to A&E a few times and one round of physio from coming off my scooter quite alot (I drove 30 miles round trip to work and back on a 50cc in all weathers) I dont use the scooter anymore and I havent had a problem with the leg in a while. There not problems that would reoccur (I dont think anyway) I figured that would come up at the medical stage. Do they sound like things that could mean I was rejected or judged at medic…

    • 5 replies
    • 714 views
  3. SP Wannabe
    Started by SP Wannabe,

    I am due to sit my SET for Strathclyde Police next weekend but after reading through some of the info here I am a bit worried: After xmas I made 2 late credit card payments and was charged default fees etc, haven't done this before should I contact recruitment to advise them? Secondly I was on a short course of anti depressants about 15 months ago but i did not mention this in my application as I saw no relevant section. Does anyone think I should speak to recruitment about this?? I'd really appreciate some opiions - thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 745 views
  4. calum113
    Started by calum113 * ,

    Hi All, I am a 22 year old University Graduate who is currently taking a gap year and seeing a bit of the world. I have spent 3 and a half months in Thailand training to become a Divemaster (can obtain reference as is a British dive school) and i am now working for 6 months with a British company that has offices in Brisbane (also referencable) So to the question; Do i have to wait for 3 years upon return to the UK to join the Police? I have been given different answers to this question by some recruitment persons, i was told by the MET 6 months was fine but no more, Herts said it was fine but id have to provide references....you get the picture. But, i found this on …

    • 1 reply
    • 529 views
  5. poncherello1546620284
    Started by poncherello1546620284 * ,

    Hi, Just wondered if anyone has recently been through the interview process for transferring on promotion to Northumbria police, I am applying to transfer on promotion to Sgt from Durham and wondered what the interview entails, so i am fully prepared should i get an interview

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
    poncherello1546620284 *
  6. pitcho44
    Started by pitcho44,

    First time poster. Passed my A/centre first time. (65% so scrape of my teeth for Notts) Did well on the interview and ok on the role plays. Best start putting some miles in for the fitness test. Russ

  7. Amigo1546620440
    Started by Amigo1546620440,

    I am really worried about my maths test now! Just did a timed test and only got 12/25 in 20 mins, didnt even get to the last 5 and missed 2 others!! any idea what the avarage 'pass' as such is? or what other people have got in practices? please help! my AC is only 3 weeks away!

    • 9 replies
    • 342 views
  8. crgrgn
    Started by crgrgn * ,

    Hi, I'm just needing as much info about the BTP as poss. I am currently a serving HO officer of 5 years. I am wanting a change and have applied for a tranfer to BTP. I have an interview very soon and am need true accounts about how good/bad the service. What type of work do the btp carry out. Will I have time to be proactive or is it mainly reactive duties. I will be working in the NE Sector. Around Yorkshire. Any info would be great, Cheers Yorkie. If you want you can PM with the info.

  9. joeyp101
    Started by joeyp101 * ,

    Hi All, I'm going along to one of the Hampshire presentations in a few weeks. I have four A-levels in Maths, Physics, Computing and Economics, but with no degree will this hold me back later in life progressing through the ranks? or does it not matter at all? Thanks in advance joeyp

  10. RemovedUser18-10-21
    Started by RemovedUser18-10-21,

    --A customer overheard a staff member make a remark to another staff member. --Concerned about what she heard. --Also concerned about the expansion of the cooking area, not enough seating etc. --Wants to know how I will be dealing with both issues. I done this earlier after following the "template" set in a book. Any comments or recommendations? *Note, the addresses at the top are moved automatically for some reason.

    • 6 replies
    • 267 views
    RemovedUser18-10-21
  11. kitykat
    Started by kitykat,

    I was wondering if anyone who had received a letter from Northumbria about up and coming medical and fitness, knew of any possible start dates.

  12. markharris1969
    Started by markharris1969 * ,

    Hello guys, I'm leaving the Royal Navy soon, and am really keen on joining the police but there's a major problem, I got into a drunken fight and ended up going to magistrates court on a charge of assault and got fined £250 and had to pay £250 damages. This was back in 1991, but I'll still have to declare it.....am I wasting my time in applying because I have the feeling my application won't get any further than the 3rd page when they see my declaration. Appreciative of your advice Mark Harris

    • 2 replies
    • 525 views
  13. standby-one
    Started by standby-one,

    I'm currently a GMP Response PC applying for a transfer to the Met, I'm a standard Response Driver and am wandering how the process of getting a response ticket for the Met is Like? Is it a case of a check drive or would you have to undertake the full course? if it is a check drive does anybody have any knowledge of how long it would typically take to get one? Also while waiting for a check drive what duties would you normally be performing? would you still be on Response or would you have to wait for your ticket? In Manchester we use Transit Vans to Respond 90% of the time and have few cars, is this different from the Met and would it have any bearing on driving in th…

    • 10 replies
    • 5.6k views
  14. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    Hi all, I am currently a Student Officer with Merseyside Police (I pass out in 2weeks). Its probably pre-mature, but due to circumstances I am looking for advice on transferring from Merseyside to a Scottish Force, or one nearby. I understand with some Scottish Forces, you need to complete your probationary period and have a further 3 years experience - total of 5 years; butbsurely there is a way around this? I would appreciate any feedback or pushes in the right direction in regards to this. Cheers IH

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. Paige91
    Started by Paige91,

    Heyyy did anyone attend the assesment centre on the above date? I was in a really nice group and would like too keep contact, but i forgot their names Thankyouuu..

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.