Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. iainbaker10
    Started by iainbaker10,

    Ive got my Set this weekend just wanting to see how many folk on this are goin

    • 0 replies
    • 469 views
  2. dave king
    Started by dave king,

    I have my ac on the 21st of this mounth, could anyone please tell me the pass rate, also how many mistakes are u aloud on the written exam? Anyone else got there ac at West Mids on the 21st? many thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 325 views
  3. mja1546620529
    Started by mja1546620529,

    Hi, I have my final interview soon ( Gwent regs). I have been told I will have to do a 10 minute presentation on issues affecting policing at the moment but will not be told the exact question/subject until the day of the interview, then giving me 30 minutes to prepare. There is so much information I could divulge, ranging from financial constraints to local community incentives etc but don't really know where to start. I have read and taken on board the policing pledge and a few other issues but can anyone give me a "point in the right direction" Your help would be truely appreciated. Regards in advance M

    • 0 replies
    • 388 views
  4. brad007
    Started by brad007,

    Just wondering if anyone has the answer to this. On the application form there are a series of questions relating to how you have handle different situations sut as diversity, leadership and so on. What if i have not had to confront a situation that they are asking for. What sort of answer do we fill in ?. do we put in what we would do in that situation. Thanks guys

  5. kungfu
    Started by kungfu,

    Hello all, Very soon I have a 2nd interview which included has a 10 minute presentation. I will not find out the subject until the day of my interview, with only 30 minutes preparation time. I have been researching the local police website and other sources. But can anyone offer advice to be successful at this? Thanks in advance.

  6. Schmoo
    Started by Schmoo,

    Has anyone from the August Campaign still not received their Day 1 confirmation? I would just like to know I am not suffering alone

  7. jan80808
    Started by jan80808,

    I remember when providing details for vetting I was given a form to fill out about my partner. They wanted her name and address along with details of her mother and father. Now my concern is what impact will this have if my partners father has a history of domestic violence even though I have never met him in my life nor the mother. Also the father is no longer in contact with the family. Could vetting actually fail me because of this? Even though I have no connection to the mother and father? I am very curious because if they do fail me because of this, there's no point in me pursuing this career anymore.

    • 0 replies
    • 277 views
  8. hm204
    Started by hm204,

    Hi all, I am currently one of the 2000 waiting and have been offered a job abroad, i was wondering before i call recruitment if anyone was aware of any restrictions on this? Many thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 407 views
  9. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    Currently on hold for the regs recruitment (till April 2010) and got a letter the other day asking me if I wanted to go for specials in the meantime whilst the application is going through. Did anyone else receive this letter and if so, do we have to fill out the application form for the specials or do they just use the application form we have already put in as I have already passed the CBQ.

    • 4 replies
    • 700 views
  10. Vixxer
    Started by Vixxer,

    For MerPol... Is there any way I can find out why? I imagin it was because I have 7 instances of sickness within 3 years, which I can't do anything about. On the other hand it could have been that they didn't like my answers on the competence section, which if it is I'd like some feedback on. Anyone know if I can find out the reason?

    • 3 replies
    • 941 views
  11. nr01
    Started by nr01 * ,

    Hi, I have just rceived an email to advise that I have my assessment event on Sun! I applied last year and went through the assessment centre but this one is different. The email says that no prep is required... Any ideas?

    • 2 replies
    • 478 views
  12. MD009
    Started by MD009 * ,

    Ok so i'm waiting for my security check to be completed for role of PCSO. I have been told by recruitment that they are waiting for the majority of candidates checks to come back, and that the proposed intake date will be at the end of March. I have looked around this site, and read that the checks can take up to six months? - yet candidates took the medical in Dec ... so why 1. Would they have a proposed intake at the end of March if the interviews / medicals were only carried out in Decemeber - surely this wouldn't leave enough time for candidates to pass vetting ? 2. Why do some peoples vetting take less time than others? - I have a clean backround - so does al…

    • 3 replies
    • 703 views
  13. sword1546620377
    Started by sword1546620377,

    Hi everyone hope your are all well I have requested that my application be transferred to Merseyside on 20/01/10, they said they had received a large amount of transfer requests... has anyone else transferred and if so what information did they give you? I was told that I would hear next week....

  14. bhardwaj2010
    Started by bhardwaj2010,

    Hi did anybody here attend the AC for West Midlands on 21/1/2010. The reason i ask is I'm still waiting for my results and feel i have failed the written proposals. I was told by the Assessment coordinator that results would be given to us within 14 days and today is the 14th day. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

  15. d.briggs
    Started by d.briggs * ,

    i have just passed my final fitness and should be delighted that finally after 10months im nearing the end of this long process, but one thing really concerns me, that is my shocking spelling ... just believe me when i say it poor particiularly with words that are i am not used to spelling names and address scare the hell out me !! i have a masters degree so report writing is easy, i can construct sentences reasonably and overall i am pretty smart. ive got a good job so i dont want to quit that job to have to then to have to leave the force due to what i see as my own achiles heel. Basically i would like your thoughts on this particiularly from serving officers on what …

    • 3 replies
    • 529 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.