Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. presidentbush
    Started by presidentbush,

    Hi Guys, I have my fitness & medical for Devon & Cornwall in Jan and have a question about whether they check your BMI? I have just calculated mine online and it came back as being obese, which shocked me. I am about 5 10", weigh about 15 1/2 stone and have a 35" waist. I am very muscular and work out 4/5 times a week, swimming, running gym, squash etc. I will have no problem with the fitness test, but now have some concerns about my BMI and if this could effect my application. I don't see how they could use a straight forward height & weight conversion when everybody has a different body frame. Any advice or help with this would be great. Thanks pgwb

    • 30 replies
    • 1.8k views
  2. grant_87
    Started by grant_87,

    hi folks I've noticed some post on tattoos i currently have two i have one on my upper arm which is 4 playing cards and i have another on my elbow this is the one on my elbow (for those with facebook you need to log in) http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=8330...mp;id=762755367 now i am fully aware the iron cross has a strong affiliation to the german military but to be honest thats not my intention for havin it done its a tribute to a musicain whos a hero of mine but the iron cross has many other interpritations such as an american biker group uses it has a shock/rebellion tactic hence why its become so popular with a lot of bikers the main one is the german mil…

    • 1 reply
    • 424 views
  3. SeedyR
    Started by SeedyR,

    Hi, Currently filling in all my application stuff. I've got to the division bit, and I have to put down a first and a second choice with reasons why I have chosen these divisions. However out of the 3 divisions, there's only one I'd really like, and if I don't get that, I'm happy with whatever. So on my division choice form, should I just put a second choice division down, and come up with a reason? Or just put down something like "I have no preference if I don't get my first choice, I'm happy with either division"? I don't want it to count against me if I put a division down that they can't accommodate, but equally don't want it to have it count against me for not f…

    • 8 replies
    • 607 views
  4. Captain Scarlet
    Started by Captain Scarlet,

    Hello All! I submitted my application to WMP back in mid July. I've since recived two letters advising that my application is still under consideration. I had taken these letters positively as I felt that enough time had elapsed for all the applications with bad grammar and coffee stains on them to be rejected. However, I haven't heard anything more for over a month now and I guess I'm just getting extra anxious! I understood that an appearance at the assessment centre is likely to be about 3-4 months after submitting a successful application form? But I guess this period varies and could go up to about 6 months based on other snippets I've read on this …

  5. LeonGI
    Started by LeonGI,

    First of all I want to say Hi everyone! and sorry to hit you all with a question already. Here it is, I was one of those silly boys who at the time thought it would be 'cool' to pierce and stretch his ears. When I realised how silly they looked and removed them to heal up they left a small 3mm hole. Obviously I regret doing it now . Will this cause me a problem for me to be recruited as a police officer? Please see attachment Thanks! I look forward to hear everyone's feedback Leon

  6. 05pompey
    Started by 05pompey,

    Hi, im new to this website so hello to everyone. Ive just recieved my final offer for Essex Police and im starting on the 1st Feb 2010, i will be based in South West division. I just wondered if anyone else had the same start date? Also if any serving officers that are based in South West division could let me know what its like? Many thanks, Alan

  7. dave king
    Started by dave king,

    Can any one tell me if it is still 44% to pass the written for west mids? I had my ac on 21st jan 2010, any one had the same? Can not help fealing ive failed. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 208 views
  8. VirulentUncle
    Started by VirulentUncle,

    Thought that I might as well get the PSNI thread up and running again Well folks I am coming to the end of my final weeks tutorship before heading out into the big bad world of independent patrol. Can't bleeping wait!

  9. maestro
    Started by maestro,

    for an app to go to a manager after day 2/vetting? if so is this the last stage

  10. Bids
    Started by Bids,

    i have recently applied to lothian and borders police. i am fit and healthy but i have had arthritis as a child. will this affect my chances of getting in?? i have had no problems for 5 years and haven't had to have any check ups since then either

  11. Fearners
    Started by Fearners,

    Hi, I'm currently going through the recruitment process for South Yorkshire, I passed my medical last week and I assume I'm waiting for a fitness test date now. The question I want answering is when will I find out if everything has gone ok with my background and security checks?

  12. kcs
    Started by kcs,

    Hi Just wondered if anyone has thought of incorporating the classic egg and spoon run into the 15 metre beep test to make it a bit harder(the test not the egg) for the police entry.?

    MadDogs&Englishmen
  13. KiftyGTI6
    Started by KiftyGTI6,

    Hi people, I received a letter today from West Mercia recruitment, saying that recrutiment is under review for 2010/11 as they don't know the financial situation until March. My question is can they just drop us from the recruitment process? or are we more likely just to be waiting longer to get in? Thank you, Kifty

    • 3 replies
    • 831 views
  14. 50popo
    Started by 50popo,

    Hi all, thought a Facebook group for March 15 intake would be a good idea. Good to get to know each other before we start, do some training together, go for a drink, help with accommodation advice for those relocating and finalisng any last min questions before we embark on a new journey together. Group name is below. Search and request to become a member. Met Police - Hendon 15 March

  15. whiteline
    Started by whiteline,

    Hi folks, just wondering what books are worth purchasing once in. Had a look at this online ''Scottish Beat Officer's Companion'' Next edition comes out April this year.

    • 1 reply
    • 643 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.