Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. biscuit
    Started by biscuit,

    Hi all, Could someone please confirm the distance of the bleep test. I am hearing two distances. is it 15m or 20m?? I want to start practicing before having to do it again at Hendon. x

  2. aw9233
    Started by aw9233 * ,

    Hi, Made an unsuccessful application to Gwent in November so cannot apply again till May and wondering whether A&S will be recruiting any time around then? Or if not any ideas on who will be? Any information will be helpful? Cheers, Andy

  3. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    I just seen a job on Gwent police website, Its to work in the force control room, which i quite fancy. Ive downloaded the application form, and i do not have a clue what i have to do regarding the questions http://www.gwent.police.uk/documents/vacan...ication2009.pdf If anyone could take a quick look and let me know what you think it would be a great help.

    • 4 replies
    • 802 views
    Tim in the South
  4. jamieg666
    Started by jamieg666,

    I put my application into the met back in september. As with most people I received the day 1 booking from and then the letter about the long wait,giving me the option to pull out. Sent it all back and waited,waited and waited some more. Decided today was the day to ring them to ask for news and im glad i did. I passed the paper sift I was told that i would not get a day 1 invite till April but its great to know im one tiny step closer. Anybody else still waiting? jamie

    • 1 reply
    • 555 views
  5. butmuncher
    Started by butmuncher,

    Hi Guys I dont know how many of you have read this but its a diary written by a probationer and posted on police oracle. http://ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34896 really good and interesting. Sorry if you have seen it before I stumbled upon it and thought it was really cool!

    • 0 replies
    • 937 views
  6. Bobbylad82
    Started by Bobbylad82,

    Can someone put me out of my misery? Ive missed a job off my employment section from when i left school to starting this parttime/full time job. is my application going in the bin or will i get a chance to rectify it and hope it wont be noticed? (!!) the application closed today after many hours filling it in and many months waiting for it to open, so cant rectify it. the problem was, going back in order it was my 11th job and it only gave me 10 'boxes' but i think i recall it saying put any others in the reference section! was hoping to start my forum career here with more positive enquiries but i think i may have just blown it!! thanks in advance

  7. gavinhowells
    Started by gavinhowells,

    Hi everyone, I apologise if this has been covered before, I did a quick search but couldn't find anything. With regards to the role play exercises - i've found plenty of examples detailing what to do if someone comes to you with a complaint about someone else, and I am pretty confident I have a good understanding of how to handle those situations, however I'm slightly less confident on how to deal with the situation if i'm having to speak to the person to whom the complaint has been made against. For example, and I must stress this is an example i've just made up and in no way an actual role play exercise, what if I have to deal with someone who has insulted a customer…

  8. Cymru_Bart
    Started by Cymru_Bart,

    Hi Everyone, Hope everyone had a good new year! Just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat as myself on here. I applied for the MET in Aug 2009 which was one of the very last intakes before the appilcations got froze i believe. I send off my application form on the 24/08/09 and recieved my letter saying the MET had recieved my app.form on 03/09/09 along with a CASA form, which i filled in and sent back on 09/09/09. I then got a letter on the 25/09/09 saying that there had been sufficient applications to cover the next 2 years... (which i don't mind that much as ive still got my last year of uni to finish.) But thats the last point of contact ive had off them..…

  9. N0164533
    Started by N0164533,

    Does anyone have an assesment coming up in Febuary? If so has anybody had a confirmed date for this?

    gavincarter1976
  10. bonest42
    Started by bonest42,

    Hi to all, Passed the application in Jan 09 and waited for an assessment date, iaw letter received. Subsequently, as ex forces i used up valuable resettlement time and money attending a 2 week potential Police officers course which was very good, and i accumulated a wealth of information including mock assessments, exams etc. I also completed an OU course to enhance my general maths and paid for a Intro to law package. All in all did as much prep as possible. Almost a year after passing application someone then decided to actually look at my application form, subsequently I was rejected due to a tattoo on my arm. To that extent I have a mountain of information which i h…

    • 2 replies
    • 423 views
  11. tjosmith
    Started by tjosmith,

    FYI recruitment open from 11th January for Northumbria.

    • 5 replies
    • 913 views
  12. barrymills
    Started by barrymills * ,

    Hey everyone, I have my final interview in the next week and would appreciate it if someone who has recently gone through it could give me a few pointers on what’s involved in it? Thanks, Barry

    • 1 reply
    • 263 views
    hibee1546620559
  13. grant_87
    Started by grant_87,

    Hello Cheshire police is the force i want to apply to when they open for recruitment this year.The recruitment officer told me that as soon as the applications open they are going to hold a recruitment evening at their hq does anyone recommend to go in shirt and tie ? it seems like a silly question but i wanna get into the police it would be a dream job and i want to get everything spot on so i can create the best impression possible

    • 1 reply
    • 379 views
  14. iainbaker10
    Started by iainbaker10,

    Hi everyone i got my letter today saying that my SET will be next month but it mentioned something new to me about the CTT. Just wandering what the exam will consist of.

    • 12 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. nobbyjohn814
    Started by nobbyjohn814 * ,

    Hi Guys, A bit random I know but this is the first time I have used this Forum! Have been with the West Midlands as a PC for a few years now but have finally decided its not for me, especially with all these Paragon changes (West Mids officers will know what I mean) Just after a bit of advice really, what is the process when leaving the force, ie How much notice is required, who do i send my resignation to, that kind of thing! Cheers in advance John.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.