Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. kojak1889
    Started by kojak1889,

    Believe me, this late at night am not writting on the original! Am doing my 1st photocopy attempt and I was wondering how far in the box I can write. I know it sounds daft but I want to get it right. Do I only write on the dotted line or can I also write on the bottom hard line which also forms the outline of the box? Cheers

  2. mshep10
    Started by mshep10,

    Hi I was wondering how much does it affect my application when my mothers boyfriend has a criminal record as he isnt related to me as my mother has not married his dad?? I think he has a record for driving and ABA

    • 3 replies
    • 494 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  3. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi All. Please could someone give advice as to what kind of infomration the questions are looking for. -what are the issues surrounding diversity of culture in the local community? -what is social awareness in your area? Any help much appreciated!

    • 2 replies
    • 250 views
  4. s'westhopeful
    Started by s'westhopeful,

    Due to the rumours that essex is stopping recruitment for 18 months (see thread below) i though this info may be helpful to some of you? http://www.hampshire.police.uk/Internet/jobs/transferees/ hampshire police are taking transferee applications from today (18/1/2010) Also Merseyside police http://www.merseyside.police.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5838 but be quick, only recruiting 19th-21st Jan 2010! good luck people.... i wish hampshire were recruiting when i transfered my application to surrey!

    • 0 replies
    • 356 views
  5. Gavinowski
    Started by Gavinowski,

    Hello I wonder if anyone can recommend any beneficial websites that are designed to aid IPLDP training. I want to find a website that has weekly knowledge checks so I can practice. I have found PoliceTraining.co.uk but that doesn't seem to be any good as you can't select the contents of the knowledge checks... Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 7.4k views
  6. BIG DUNC
    Started by BIG DUNC,

    my ref number is in the high 7)s.had my fitness test last may 09.i rang up last week and the lady told me i can safely say it wont be this year.im gutted.

  7. Drummer01
    Started by Drummer01,

    Hi guys... Just to check as i'm not completely sure of the way the process goes. At what stage do the references come into things? I mean, would they be the last thing that gets done before you get an offer? Or do they then need to do all the security & background checks? Would appreciate some help! Thanks.

  8. Henry01
    Started by Henry01,

    I'm looking at this due to wife getting a job in Birmingham city centre. Anyone worked either city centre or Solihull? What's it like? I know both places socially, but wondered where would be best to try and transfer to. Thanks

    • 15 replies
    • 2k views
    ike-fungipoke1546620562
  9. the artful dodger
    Started by the artful dodger +,

    Does it include the territorial army? Simple question it is I think yes, but seeking to confirm so i dont loodr points.

    MadDogs&Englishmen
  10. judojo
    Started by judojo,

    At the risk of annoying everyone, this is my last question on the eye test issue! Thanks for all that have tried to help. I think, that I will reach the unaided vision , just about. My questions are: 1) Can I squint? It sounds a silly question, but after a visit to vision express, if I squint then I can get it. So, will they allow me to do this? 2) If I don't pass the eye test can I get laser eye surgery and do it again, or would I have to start the process all over again. I really don't want to pay all that money (I had a consultation and it will cost me £2000, if there is another option!) If ayone out there could offer their experiences or thoughts it would preve…

    • 4 replies
    • 245 views
  11. jan80808

    Hi Just want to know how lenient some forces are with convictions, I know some people who got refused with the smallest of offenses and some people you would think that never could with the offenses they got. I would like to hear other peoples views on this, is it the forces discretion or a national thing?

    • 4 replies
    • 2.7k views
  12. Velo1546620568
    Started by Velo1546620568,

    Hi all, Anyone else got their final interview at Jackton this week? I'm starting to get really nervous and looking around for more and more info, worried that I'm going to end up trying to take in so much information that I don't manage to learn anything! Any last minute tips/advice much appreciated! -- See, nerves made me get the subject line wrong!

    • 0 replies
    • 281 views
  13. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    Anyone got any clues?? ow if there will be another 1 this year? I'm currently on hold till April because they are now skint. Anyone in the same boat?

    • 2 replies
    • 136 views
    Lee.S1546620511
  14. judojo
    Started by judojo,

    Am really stressing about my eyesight test! I am thinking that I am going to have to have laser eye surgery to pass the unaied section of the test. Can anyone anyone anwer my question: Is there an amount of time that has to pass between having the surgery and doing the eyesight test? Many thanks for any help and thanks for the replies to other questions.

  15. Marty41546620191
    Started by Marty41546620191,

    Hello, I've emailed Strathclyde recruitment about this and am awaiting a response (will call if I don't hear), but in the mean time I'm just wanting more opinions from people on here about the situation I'm in. Just over 13 Months ago (December 2008) I was charged for 'Licensing (Scotland) Act' for not checking the I.D of a customer the police had sent in to do a test purchase. I received a reduced fine of £150, down from £250 as I have no previous convictions and provided evidence to support good character and that I did check identification on a regular basis. Is this going to cause a serious problem when applying? I have mixed opinions on this, I do know that it'…

    • 6 replies
    • 729 views
    Marty41546620191

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.