Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mike798184
    Started by Mike798184,

    Hi there. I had my medical the week before Christmas and presumably I passed as the doctor was emailing employment to tell them I was fit to work. He shook my hand as I left and wished me well in the job so I think it's all good! I received a letter prior to the medical telling me to be available for an induction at the end of January. I'd like to hand my notice in at work quite soon but should I wait for something formally in writing? Should I receive something soon with more information? Thanks in advance

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. RAF Copper
    Started by RAF Copper,

    just got my results and i'm gutted. 61% overall but 22% for written. I've a military policeman and have been writing reports/statements for 12 years. Can only think i would have been my handwriting. gutted. Only got 3 D's. unfortunately 2 of them were for written communication. Where do i go from here?

  3. colouredrush
    Started by colouredrush,

    I'm doing my aptitude test and interview for a specials role for Glos police soon. Do they ask the same questions in my interview as they would for a constable role. What sort of questions is there going to be? any websites that i can find the questions and possible answers. Getting a little stressed now as i have a week to go and havent done much preparation and info tips greatly appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 176 views
    jemz1546620088
  4. Maximus1546081008
    Started by Maximus1546081008,

    Hello all, Just a quick query, more of a scenario really. Joe Blogs has just been pulled over for having a break light out. Police officer gives him a £30 FPN and sets him on his way. Joe Bloggs is currently in the recruitment process for the Police Would this affect Joe Blogg's chances of getting in the job? (some forces say that candidates should have not FPN's) This has not happened to me, just curious as this is easily done. I also know that someone will answer "force specific", but has anyone had any first hand experience/ knowledge of this? Thank you.

    • 5 replies
    • 710 views
  5. sleemark2938
    Started by sleemark2938,

    Hello all, Just a quick one... Wondered if the Police offered sabbaticals? At a later date I would love to take a year out to complete a masters degree. Any help much appreciated, Mark

  6. fuschia
    Started by fuschia,

    I have applied elsewhere and have told them I'm pregnant (we have no family where we currently are) but just wondered if anyone on heres done it before? Are they likely to find a reason not to take me or will I tick the 'box'... Also any ideas about the maternity pay if I transfer...? I know it's only 3 months anyway but wondered if I'll still get SMP after. Also, am I mad?!!

    • 2 replies
    • 931 views
  7. simonwade74
    Started by simonwade74,

    Hi Guys I see the minimum in Scottish Forces is 70Kg for push pull. Is it the same in England? Also, when u talk about 5,4 on the bleep test. Is that 5.4 minutes? or how is it calculated. Thanks Simon

    • 2 replies
    • 476 views
  8. VitcH
    Started by VitcH,

    Hi all, Just a quick question regarding the immunisations part of the medical questionnaire: if I can't remember if or when I've had any, do I annwer "no" to them? Or am I expected to find this out and provide Occupational Health with specifics? I do remember having a few immunisations in high school and at least one in college, but I have no idea whether that was for polio, hepatitis, etc. I'm thinking of asking the doctor if he has anything on file for me but I doubt he'd have much, since I've moved a few times over the years. I'd appreciate any info you could provide. Thanks :wink:

    • 7 replies
    • 509 views
  9. Spoona
    Started by Spoona,

    Hi everyone, It seemed to all go quiet for the Kent recruitment over the last few months but a few days before christmas, i received my Fitness/Medical date for the 20th Jan!!! Did anyone else hear anything??

    • 0 replies
    • 224 views
  10. lashed
    Started by lashed * ,

    hey all, I sent away my application form on 2nd December 09 and recieved a letter informing of the entrance test on the 9th December, was wondering how long does it normally take for a date to become available to do the tests? After reading a few posts on here I saw a lot of people mentioning studying, was wondering what material you are using? I thought it would be more common sense as in you either know it or you don't, kinda got me a bit worried!!

    • 1 reply
    • 506 views
  11. Ian_C
    Started by Ian_C,

    Click here for 2010 Pay Scales.

    • 0 replies
    • 10.6k views
  12. Ian_C
    Started by Ian_C,

    See the image below for Pay Scales, 2010.

    • 0 replies
    • 8.3k views
  13. bulletproof1546620364
    Started by bulletproof1546620364,

    Has anyone juggled a new born baby with starting training? If so how have you found it? I am due to be a Dad for the 1st time in February - I was offered a short notice start date this morning for the same month but decided to turn it down for this reason. Recruitment were fine about it and agreed it was probably the best decision, they said I will be on the next in take a few months after. If it had been take it or leave it obviously I would have taken it. I already work for the force in a support staff role. I just wanted to know if anyone has had, or will have a similar experience. Thanks & Happy Xmas.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
    bulletproof1546620364
  14. pizzahutboy
    Started by pizzahutboy,

    Hi, I have to attend a assessment soon, it is only for a small role, clerical officer but it says that you will be required to undertake a series of work related takes which should last 1 hour. Was wondering if anyone had an insight as to what to prepare for. Thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 323 views
  15. sideysid

    Got my results through today and passed with 60%. I thought I had failed like so many people on here say, (due to the role plays especially) that a/c day was one of the most stressful days of my life I think. But now it seems I will be celebrating that little bit extra over the xmas period no doubt! Ive already had my fitness and my medical is in Jan but I could be starting as early as March, I do have a law exam to pass still (as its with Surrey police who require the PLC qualification) but nearly there! So any others on here passed just recently?

    • 11 replies
    • 463 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.