Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. whiteline
    Started by whiteline,

    Hi, what gets carried out at the Medical for the Scottish forces (if different to other UK)?

    • 4 replies
    • 419 views
  2. keeno
    Started by keeno,

    Hi all, Before anyone gets too excited no I haven't received it yet! I just thought it would be good to have a thread where people can share the news - when you get your letter, let us know!

  3. plum64_uk
    Started by plum64_uk,

    Morning all, Another question. I recently applied to Sussex Police regarding a Coroner's Officer Position (Civilian Position). However I understand that if you apply for a police force as an officer you have to wait 6 months to apply again? Does the same apply if you go for a civilian position? i.e. If you apply for a civilian role, and don’t get in, do I need to wait another 6 months before you can apply for a Constable/PSCO role? All my best, Rich

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  4. 1ManRiot
    Started by 1ManRiot,

    As above. I recently applied for a local Police force and was written to suggesting that my application was good, but I'd failed financial vetting on a couple of defaults (I knew this was coming, but I was expecting it further down the application process), and I was told that if I could sort them in a few weeks and write back then I'd be entered back into the application process. I sorted the payments and got a clean bill of health on my financial record, I checked it on Experian and wrote to them. Several phonecalls later the women I was speaking to in the vetting department was telling me my credit report was still showing a default as not satisfied, despite my Expe…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. horlock2000
    Started by horlock2000 * ,

    Hi, Sorry if this has been covered, but does anybody happen to know the next dates for the Greater Manchester or Cheshire police recruitment dates? Thanks

  6. Mike798184
    Started by Mike798184,

    I took my fitness test on Thursday, passed it and got home to find a letter had arrived informing me of a provisional start date for March! I had a feeling that things would progress once I had a date for the fitness. Looks like the force had faith in me too! :) I passed my assessment centre in June so it's been a wait of almost 5 months. For those waiting, be patient and try and take your mind off the whole process. It helps if you are working in the meantime. It makes you want it even more! For those taking the fitness test soon, my advice would be make sure you have a general level of fitness. There is no need to overdo it. The trick will be maintaining and improving…

  7. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    Hi there! Keep thinking about my eyes, I've been checking out the Snellen chart and I can read down to line 6 with my left eye, (Unaided) which is 20/25 vision and to line 5 with my right, which says is 20/20. Does anyone know how this relates to police regs? I've put the link below to a copy I found on the net, says it needs to be read from around 6 meters away! http://www.mdsupport.org/snellen.html

    • 4 replies
    • 665 views
  8. newuserlancs
    Started by newuserlancs,

    Just thought I would make up a topic to see how everybody applying for Lancashire this time around is getting on.Has anybody sent their application in yet? What are our thoughts on it ? Looking at the application pack with the timescale, it doesn't look like we have to wait too long for our first yes/no..!

  9. gridgirl
    Started by gridgirl,

    Hi all Just wondering if anyone can clear a little matter up for me?? I have seen on here that there are around 200 people who have compleated eveything and awaiting start dates. I have my medical next week so have resigned myself to the fact i have a very long wait ahead. However on some of the things ive read and been told it appears that the cuts in numbers of intakes (72 student officers down to 18 every 6 weeks) isnt all down to acting with caution financially but also due to the re structure and shake up they are having. Basically I was hoping that someone on here would no whether the numbers are as low as they are due to this and once the restructure has taken …

    • 1 reply
    • 481 views
    ike-fungipoke1546620562
  10. kirstyhulley
    Started by kirstyhulley,

    Hey All I have my fitness test tomorrow which I am looking forward to! Seem to be getting somewhere at last! Couple of concerns I have though about my vetting.... 1st concern is that for the past 3 months I have gone over my overdraft - only by £20 at the most, but does this count against anything?? The next concern is from my A Level studies....In my 1st year my nephew died, and I missed a lot of classes after this happened, although I went in now and then, and I sat my AS level mock exams, I didnt take my actual AS level exams, and I am worried that this may go against me. Saying I was studying at the college, (which I was) but not actually taking my exams?? Any …

  11. jacky_032001
    Started by jacky_032001,

    hi all, had my letter today and my fitness test is 4th december 8.30am, anyone else have theirs that day? im so scared, i dont think im ready, ive been doin 2 circuit classes a week and can run 3 miles but am pretty knackered at end of that lol i really hope i pass, help!! all advice appreciated!

    • 6 replies
    • 308 views
  12. SCOTIAS
    Started by SCOTIAS * ,

    If an individual gets caught by store detectives shoplifting, the police called and items are fully recovered and details taken by Police(at store), what are the options for the fiscal? If the fiscal sends a warning letter will this be kept on record for life? 1-When will the police record be weeded/purged? 2-When will the Fiscal record be weeded/purged? Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 2.6k views
  13. jock8186
    Started by jock8186 * ,

    Hey All, Just recently past my assessment day at Stirling HQ. So far so good, but I know I've got a long way to go before I'm over the finishing line. Can anyone offer any advice at all and give me an insight on what to expect for the big interview. I only found out yesterday that I passed a/c and have written up a shortlist of things to study and do in prep for the panel interview: - Station Visit - Read up on the Chief Constables Report - Learn the 5 initiatives - Learn the Force motto - Rank Structure - Daily Duties of a police officer - Pension Scheme - Diversity If any one can offer any advice at all it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in a…

    • 11 replies
    • 761 views
  14. seanl9103

    the title says it all lol , ive bought some books about passing the recrutment process and theres nothing about the maths test in them . anyone know ?

    • 67 replies
    • 6.6k views
    bristol bouncer
  15. GG75
    Started by GG75,

    1st of all thanks to everyone who has replied and gave their advice to any of the Q's i've asked. U are all either in a position or applying for a position to..., ultimatley, help people, and all been at the stage that i'm at,just starting, and needing pointed in the right direction and yet i'm hitting brick walls. If your smart enough u can guess my age, i aint young, i aint old but 1 thing i wil do is help people who ask for help, and u guys are all aiming to that, aren't you??

    • 20 replies
    • 2.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.