Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. James2
    Started by James2,

    I've noticed that not many people on this forum are joining or working for Derbyshire constabulary. I was just wondering if it is one of the least popular police forces (nothing really happens here). And if so, would this increase my chances of being accepted? I have also heard that you can't work for the police force that patrols your area. Have I been misinformed or will I really have to relocate to join the police? Thankyou for your time :)

    • 262 replies
    • 21.7k views
  2. kls9115
    Started by kls9115,

    Hey all, i have currently just passed my medical. I’m just a bit worried and wondered if anyone had any advice for me. I did the site test and i could not see any of the lines in the binocular test! When i put my glasses on i could read it all. He then told me I need to go the opticians! He told me that I had passed the medical but I’m just worried he only said that and I’m going to get failure letter soon. Did anyone pass and they told you on the day and then send you a letter – not sure what happens next? Thanks guys

    • 1 reply
    • 333 views
  3. whiteline
    Started by whiteline,

    Hi, is the Vetting done in stages? Or is it just a period where they contact all relevant info holders and await a response? I've had my employer contacted and the financial checks (experian log) done. My referees have yet to be contacted. Does anyone know what logic is applied to their process?

    • 2 replies
    • 788 views
  4. red1987
    Started by red1987,

    Do you have a medical each year? I'm aware that you're regularly drug tested, which is to be expected of course, but do you have to do bleep test/eyesight/hearing etc?

    • 5 replies
    • 430 views
  5. christ0on
    Started by christ0on,

    Hi thought I would start a new thread for all us whom have passed fitness and medicals and are awaiting a start date. Keep us informed and have a great Christmas and a fantastic New year Guys and Girls. Chris

    • 0 replies
    • 174 views
  6. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    My force is supposeably recruiting PCSO's and PC's next year. I was wondering could i apply for both roles at the same time ??

    • 6 replies
    • 1.8k views
  7. moonman374
    Started by moonman374,

    Hi all Just wanted to know if any of you current Met employees had heard anything on the rumour mill about when they will accept transfer requests. Been waiting since May. Really ready to make a move to big ol London town. I know they have half the population on the waiting list for new recruits however I am hoping they find a need for some cheap qualified labour!! Here's hoping!!

    • 0 replies
    • 344 views
  8. moonman374
    Started by moonman374,

    A friend of mine has applied for my force and has passed the paper sift, assess centre, final interview, fitness and medical. Now on his application form he declared that he spent one summer a few years ago living abroad working for Thompsons as a holiday rep. In fact just about every example he gave was from his experiences in this role. Now the force has turned around and rejected his application due to having lived abroad!? It just does not make sense, especially with him being a special constable already! Any clues on the exact requirements in regards to living abroad? Regards

  9. 1ManRiot
    Started by 1ManRiot,

    Apologies if this gets asked a lot, I did search using the box in the top right, but nothing came up. Can someone explain to me the key differences (and similarities) between the CNC and MDP? I understand each force is controlled by slightly different variants of the law (ie DECC vs MOD), but what does this translate to in reality? I was told that CNC are privvy to higher clearance levels, is this true, and what difference does that make? How do the CNC/MDP compare to the role of a regular officer? What opportunities are available in the CNC/MDP? How easy is it to transfer from one to the other? Thanks.

    • 17 replies
    • 4.5k views
  10. gridgirl
    Started by gridgirl,

    Hi I have my medical in a couple of days, what happens??? How long are you there for??

    • 0 replies
    • 326 views
  11. Drummer01
    Started by Drummer01,

    Hey guys, Just waiting for a start date - hopefully around the beginning of next year! - and hope to be posted around the Chelmsford area. Does anyone know what the shift pattern is for Chelmsford? Also, what's the difference with the Neighbourhood Policing scheme? Are there different shift patterns and how would we know if we'll be posted as a neighbourhood officer? Thanks for your help guys!

  12. ambermari1989
    Started by ambermari1989 * ,

    Hi everyone! Could someone please inform me of the clothing that should be worn on Day 2? Mine is on 6th January!!!!!

    • 2 replies
    • 302 views
  13. zjmastermind
    Started by zjmastermind,

    Hello and Welcome to everyone ! Can anyone tell me how long does it takes to be a PC when you are a PCSO? and once you are finished with your training , how soon you join your duty as a PC?

  14. Kirstin
    Started by Kirstin,

    Hi All, I've just finished at SPC and would like to thank all on course 03/09 for the laughs, help and support during the challenging 15 weeks. To everyone enjoy your new career and stay safe, IT'S A SIMPLE INSTRUCTION. C'Mon Stevie West file 75

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. kirstyhulley
    Started by kirstyhulley,

    Hi all This morning I got my fitness test and medical test dates through for Cambs Police Fitness - 14th December Medical - 22nd Decmber Anyone else on these dates??

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.