Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Can you apply for pcso + pc at the same time ?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. ste9758
    Started by ste9758 * ,

    Hi all, Firstly i submitted my application with GMP to become a PC in March, i have been informed that i have passed the paper sift, passed the competency questions and was then booked in for my AC in October, which was then cancelled as GMP have frozen recruitment. My application is being held on file until recrutment starts up again sometime after April. As i left uni last summer, i have been looking for a full time job to take for the time being untill the ball starts rolling again with my PC application. Last week i noticed that Merseyside were recruiting for PCSOs (Only listed on Merseyside website and not on policecouldyou.com... i think this is a bit cheeky, as …

  3. Gooner1988
    Started by Gooner1988,

    Hey there. I really want to join the police for my career. I'm 21 years old (literally turned 21 today!). Right now i'm spending 6 months in Israel. Here's the dilemma i'm in. I love this travelling malarky so much that I want to do more. I get back in England in May, I want to work my t*ts off over the summer. Then go to the Alps, work a ski season there. Then from there do interail around Europe. Then after this who knows where. Now the tough part. If I do this, I will have to wait 3 years in the UK just to apply! That doesn't include the extra 2 years or so that I have to wait to actually get in. So by then I will be in my late 20's. Which for me is not the age I want…

    • 17 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Nat1
    Started by Nat1,

    hi all, I have been in the recruitment process since april 08 for Merseyside police and my medical has been put on hold till the 1st Feb 2010 when my application reopens again at the fitness stage. I have heard rumours about alot of budget cuts for merseyside, does anyone know that if they stop intakes in 2010 will my application still be put on hold till they have more start dates or will i have too reapply..... basically does it matter how long ago you did your A/C??? Thanks, hopefully someone can put my mind to rest

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. natti123
    Started by natti123,

    Hiya just wondering if anyone can help i was suppose to have my assessment last year but, I fell pregnant so it has been put off till now it has been impossible for me to prepare with a young baby,but I now have a few evenings to catch up. Has anyone got any advice or what i could do to cram it all in. Ps although my spelling and grammer is shocking on here I will be ok with the maths and english, just worried about everything else....

    • 3 replies
    • 404 views
  6. Belfast Boy
    Started by Belfast Boy,

    Hi guys, There are a few people who have been given a start date of 4th Jan with Surrey who have expressed an interest in renting around Guildford. Nearly everyone will have transferred their application to Surrey so may not live locally. The prices around here are pretty steep to say the least so it may be an option to get a group of recruits to rent a property together to share the cost etc. If anyone is interested, can you please let me know here? Also can you let me know if you want furnished/unfurnished, have a pet etc? Any budget that you have in mind would be useful too, but you can PM me that if you want. I probably prefer unfurnished and I'…

  7. Dan24
    Started by Dan24,

    Hi folks,this is my first post so go easy on me. I know that Special constables are subjected to the same rules and regulations as that of a regular Police constable. However, I know that a Police constable can withdraw their resignation within 28 days from his or her resignation. Does this also apply to Special constables ? if so,can someone direct me to where I could find this infomation ? This question refers to Specials who were not dismissed,only for Special's who resigned then had a change of heart. I want to establish all the facts before I join up,plus I want to make sure for myself that I will be fully protected in the same way as regular constables. This quest…

    • 6 replies
    • 890 views
    Universally_Challenged
  8. monkeyface
    Started by monkeyface,

    Hey everyone. I just thought I would find out if anyone else has been given Jan start for Tulliallan?? I know it will soon be here but it seems so far away. It will be nice to know a few people before we all get there. Hopefully speak to some of you soon.

    • 18 replies
    • 2.6k views
  9. scully
    Started by scully,

    Hello, I am thinking about transferring to TVP, is there anyone that has recently gone through the process and give me a heads up about the interview? Also any serving TVP officers that could give me a PM about the force, pros, cons etc? Thanks Scully (The truth is out there...)

    • 0 replies
    • 992 views
  10. LORS
    Started by LORS,

    Hi everyone, im a newbie! Im due to take my SET/Fitness test on 6th dec 09 at Jackton and was wondering if any of you could give me some helpful tips. I dont think Im the slightest bit fit but i dont think it would take me long to get to a ok finess level for the test. I am a ex smoker (gave up 3 years ago) The only excercise i get is walking the dog. Any helpfull advice would be great Thanks laura

    • 10 replies
    • 1.6k views
  11. joseg
    Started by joseg,

    Hey guys, I am struggling on this one big time. Maths is my weakest subject and I really dont know how I will get through this. I have been practising hard and going on websites, been going through on 'How2 CD'. Any tips? If you did not do too well in the Numerical section, is that the end of the interivew? I got my assessment on the 15th Dec in Ryton Centre. Any help or info would be great. Jose.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. joseg
    Started by joseg,

    Hello guys, I am feeling pretty nervous about tomorrow. Anyone else coming along tomorrow for the pre assessment in Guildford? Any info with regards what to expect on the day would be great. Cheers, J.

  13. sideysid
    Started by sideysid,

    Hi guys, Just a quickie regarding the interview stage of the a/c. When they read out the question to you, do they state what competency it comes under i.e "We will now move on Race and Diversity, can you tell me a time when another persons view clashed from your own strongly held views?" or do they just ask the question and you have to base your competency based on that? Not sure if this is allowed on here, but has anyone any links to any examples of the types of questions they ask? Getting close to my a/c and just want to make sure I don't balls up by answering the wrong question with the wrong scenerio. Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 566 views
  14. jfromnorfolk
    Started by jfromnorfolk,

    I know this can vary slightly from force to force, but what options are available to me after my two year probabtion, i.e different job roles, or specialisms? Its never really been fully explained to me in my force, other than the obvious of firearms,CID etc. I know theres alot more options that just these.Can some one give me a more generalized list? Many thanks

    Fishy1546620302
  15. scully
    Started by scully,

    Hello, I am thinking about transferring to TVP, is there anyone that has recently gone through the process and give me a heads up about the interview? Also any serving TVP officers that could give me a PM about the force, pros, cons etc? Thanks Hoggle

    • 0 replies
    • 904 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.