Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. cherokee717
    Started by cherokee717,

    I'm looking to tranfer to Tayside Police from another Scottish Police Force. I am originally from the Tayside area and am now looking to move back after several years with my current force. I am looking to progress my career in Road Policing. My current force has a 5 year tenure in RPU which can be extended only by a few years. Any Tayside officers who can let me know about specialist department tenures and tranfer policy within Tayside would be helpful. Do Tayside operate a maximum 5 year stint in RPU too? Any information would be gratefully received. Cheers

  2. foster1984
    Started by foster1984 * ,

    I have always wanted to be a police offier and have made a number of applications in the past. However, recently my girlfriend was made redundant and long story short we couldn't make ends meet and I ended up taking mone from my old employer (which I aways intended to give back) I ws caught, suspended and am currently awaiting information from the solicitors as to how I will pay it back (as I always intended). But just today I recieved a phone call from the local constabulary saying my old employer also wishes to press charges, which I thought I had agreed witht them not to do, due to my career aspirations. The charges will amount to theft by fraud, and at least probabl…

    sykes1545925530
  3. gm11
    Started by gm11,

    Just wondering if anyone from here will be atending the 2 day assessment centre at Tulliallan on the 12th and 13th. I'm applying to L&B and i'm absoltuely terrified I'm going to find a way to mess up! :biggrin: On a side note does anyone know what the CTT (Critical Thinking Test) involves and if there is any way to practice for it? Is it a bit like the senarios on the "policecouldyou" website, or it just one of those assessments that you just have to be yourself. Cheers

    hibee1546620559
  4. Finn
    Started by Finn,

    Have received dates for my medical and fitness test on the 13th and 17th November respectivley at Guildford. Anyone else going to be around on those dates, or have anymore info on timescales?

  5. Dec
    Started by Dec * ,

    Hi. Iv got my fitness and set on 29th November at Jackton and am really nervous!!! I went up to jackton yesterday to practice the run which isn't as bad as I had first thought. But I'm quite worried about the SET, does anyone know what you need to get to pass it? I'm finding the info handling one the hardest ... Anyone help????

    • 4 replies
    • 297 views
  6. NJenkins
    Started by NJenkins,

    I've just found out that my application to join Fife Constabulary has been unsuccessful, which is a bit of a bummer...However, i still really want to join the police and have decided i'd rather apply to Strathclyde (i heard they are recruiting just now!). Am i able to send an application to Strathclyde just now or is there a time limit in which i will have to wait??

  7. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    i was just wondering that if you fail your pcso application have you gotta wait 6 months to apply to be a pc or does the 6 month wait only apply to the pcso process eg. if gwent police were recruiting pcso's in january an i applied and failed , but gwent are recruiting pc's in april could i be eligible to apply to become a pc ?? same as if i applied to be a pc in march an failed could i apply for a pcso in may ? any help lol i know it may seem a bit complicated to read

    • 0 replies
    • 479 views
  8. hibee1546620559
    Started by hibee1546620559,

    Assessment Day coming up on Wednesday...Really starting to get anxious. Trying to get my presentation down to 5 mins. It's on paedophiles and knowledge of their details given to the public. So difficult to narrow it down as it's a big topic. I have pretty much learnt my section of the law off by heart. Rest is how you perform on the day! Not sure if icy roads/ frost would mean the run becomes bleep test? Any tips, advice, although its probably far too late now anyway!

    • 11 replies
    • 622 views
    hibee1546620559
  9. Xancross
    Started by Xancross,

    Sorry if this kind of thing already exists, but I tried a search and it just kept on smacking my wrist and calling me a silly boy. So here's the thing - One of the forms I need to take into my day 2 asks me to provide details of my "Current/Most recent employer/company" Thing is, the last time I worked was many moons ago and the last 3 years i've been at University. Would it be acceptable to put in my University details, more specifically my tutor who agreed to be my reference a while ago and who I used for my application, or is it specifically an "Employer" that has to be used?

    • 3 replies
    • 956 views
  10. neilmk
    Started by neilmk,

    is any one else waiting to hear back on how their application is doing witrh thames valley i recived a email last month asking for some more address history before they would send it off for paper sift they had had it for 3 months by that point. now i sent my application back to TVP before the date they were willing to recive them now i would have thought i would have been one of the first batch of people receveing my pass/fail letter but it seems the revese is true if ihad waited towards the end of the return date i would have heard by now :smiley_strop1: tvp have told me every one of the 1400 applicants that returned their application should have heard by septe…

  11. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    hi i know that you dnt need any qualifications to get into the police because you take the pirt tests , i was wondering that do they really matter ?? ive only got 2 gcse at grade c an the rest d's , it wasnt the best time of my life but since ive gone to college got myself a job and ive gained some awsum experiances . obviously if my grades aren't that great but i get grades AAA on the application form im good enough for the job . would my lack of grades go against me ?

    • 4 replies
    • 835 views
    kester1546080880
  12. Jaffacookie
    Started by Jaffacookie,

    Hi, I'm new to the forum and just need abit of advice - I applied to Lincolnshire in may 2008, passed all my assessments, medical etc by October 2008 and I am now awaiting a start date. I know it may be a fair while because of the backlog, and so this is hypothetical but is playing on my mind so I just wanted to ask. I have been told there are provisional intakes in April and July 2010, although I don't know whether I will be in either of these, I am getting married next September and due to the fact that it was booked before my application passed, my honeymoon etc is all booked which would require almost 4 weeks off work. In my current role this is no problem, but if …

  13. 05pompey
    Started by 05pompey,

    Hi, I heve just recieved my conditinal offer for Essex Police subject to vetting, they will obviously be contacting my pevious empolyers, i used to work in a shop and i walked past it today and they have closed down, this made me worried as Eseex Police wont be able to contact them, i thought id check all of my previous employers and another company i used to work for has also closed or moved, both these jobs were over 5 years ago but will this be a problem for my vetting procudure? Thanks Alan

    • 2 replies
    • 703 views
  14. Michelle113x
    Started by Michelle113x,

    Hi just wonderin if anyone knows.....im about 2 send off my application for merseyside pcso. does the same 6 months between application rule apply 2 psco positions and also 2 be able 2 apply to the police force after a failed pcso application? (altho im obviously hoping i dont fail lol) thanks michelle

    • 1 reply
    • 581 views
  15. i-Citizen
    Started by i-Citizen,

    Met police do recruit every single year, do they not? Back in January I was advised that no recruitment would be taking place this year..however that was wrong. To anyone with prior experience of applying - how long are the recruitment windows open? You have to attend an event, but to even attend that event, you need to register, so how long is the registration window open for? As an Asian myself, I understand that met police often specifically targets ethnic minorities, but every single time, I keep missing the opportunity - any advice on how to register or attend recruitment events on time before it gets closed? Like when recruitment starts, can I ask met pol…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.