Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Davo
    Started by Davo,

    Hi, Anyone know how they ask for references from your employer? Is it by email or normal post? Cheers

  2. ScarySquirrel
    Started by ScarySquirrel,

    Hi all, I had and passed my medical last Monday. I put on all of my days sick from my current job, but explained to the doctor that my old job had archived my file and so weren't able to confirm how many days I had sick. I explained that I had a few days off for some back pain, which was sorted through occupational health as it was due to poor posture at work. Anyway, my previous employer has now contacted me as they have managed to find my sickness record. There are 3 more days on 2 occasions which should have been included on my medical questionnaire. At the time, the doctor who did my medical said don't worry, it's fine. But now that I have this information I'm wond…

    • 3 replies
    • 384 views
  3. ScarySquirrel
    Started by ScarySquirrel,

    Hi all, I really don't know what to do. I have to pick 6 by Monday. I live in East Sussex so will likely relocate, so I could pick anywhere really. I would like to be central, or anywhere to the south of London. So I have shortlisted: Southwark Kensington & Chelsea Camden Westminster Lambeth Bromley (closer to where I live now, so could possibly commute) There isn't much information out there for people like me who can relocate anywhere. I don't really know what to base my decision on. I THINK I would like a 12 hour shift borough, but have been told not to make my decision on this basis as shifts can change. Can anyone offer any advice on the ones I ha…

  4. jason88
    Started by jason88,

    Hey, Does anyone know the surrey shift pattern?

  5. jason88
    Started by jason88,

    Hi guys i have just transferred my assessment day results to Surrey and had a few questions. How many weeks training do you do? Is it residential? Also do Surrey Officers get issued sweatshirts or have they now got the fleeces? Cheers

  6. keri
    Started by keri,

    My hubby has just heard he did not make it through the paper sift this time because one of his answers was not recent enough although the rest of the feedback was good and the lady gave him lots of advice for next tiime. The next time he can apply he will be 39 - will this go against him. i know it shouldnt but what should and what does happen arent always the same. He is physically very fit.

    • 2 replies
    • 788 views
  7. sykes1545925530
    Started by sykes1545925530,

    Having been involved with a topic in the force specific section posted by Lonestar, just thought i would seek the views / opinions of thse within the job reagrding standards in general and where we are going. in his post Lonestar rasies concerns over officer appearence on rememberance sunday to a point i can see where he is coming from but it got me thinking about the wider picture, let me make one thing clear this is not intended to be a dig a young in service officers or those waiting to start. I have for the last 18 months had the pleasure of been nominated as a tutor on section as such i have had to look at how i work, how the job works in general and how we appea…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.6k views
  8. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    i today finally got the news that i failed my application form . i recieved the following grades OVERALL - C COMMUNITY ABD CUSTOMER FOCUS -C RESPECT FOR RACE AND DIVERSITY - C PERSONNAL RESPONCEABILIT - B obviouslty i cant appliy for another 6 moths but i want to start improveing now as my local force will be recruiting in 6 months . can anyone give any advice on how i can immprove for next time . thanks

    • 13 replies
    • 1.8k views
    ike-fungipoke1546620562
  9. bulletproof1546620364
    Started by bulletproof1546620364,

    For those of you wanting to apply, and haven't seen this. http://www.lincs.police.uk/index.asp?locID=101&docID=-1

    • 0 replies
    • 407 views
    bulletproof1546620364
  10. 05pompey
    Started by 05pompey,

    I have at last recieved a conditinal offer from Essex Police subject to vetting to start on the 1st February 2010. Its such a relief. Im going to be posted in South West division, Can anyone tell me what its like, hopefully it will be a busy area. Has anybody else recieved the same offer from Essex? Alan

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  11. magico72
    Started by magico72,

    Hi, I have a very sensitive and personal question to ask the forum. I've been thinking about applying for quite a while now, however I'm somewhat perturbed as I suffered with depression many years ago and was hospitalised (but NEVER sectioned). I basically became very depressed and isolated after my parents died shortly after my successful graduation from university in 1996. I guess what I'm asking is just how deep do the medical checks go for application to Specials and also full Met? I'm obviously going to have to declare this period of my life but there are issues of non-discrimination and the amount of time elapsed since any illness was suffered or treatment receiv…

  12. rider900
    Started by rider900,

    Hi i'm currently in my last year at high school and i want to be in the police when i'm older. However i've heard the "public services" course in college will really help me you study the emergency services, team leading, confidence building etc. I just wanted to know if anyone on here has taken this course? Or if you know anymore information about what you do, that would be great! Please help me! Thanks Paul

    • 7 replies
    • 5.3k views
  13. charlieoscar
    Started by charlieoscar,

    His guys, I've been a PCSO in WYP for two years. I'm currently going through recruitment for NYP to be a Police Officer. Passed my assessment, passed interview, passed fitness test. Was given a date in Jan for a medical and told that I would probably be starting in March. Today I received a letter saying that they have carried out security checks on me and my associates and they do not deem me suitable to be a Police Officer. I don't understand it. I'm a PCSO. how can I be ok to do my current job but not be a PC? the only thing that's changed since I applied to be a pcso is that my dad was arrested last year for drunk and disorderly. He took it to court and prosecut…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  14. Colliz
    Started by Colliz,

    Hi, Got word of my final interview on Thursday (26 November) that my interview is Tuesday 1st December. I think I am kinda prepared for it but I was looking for some advice on the final fitness. I have heard that you have to go to Glasgow Caledonian for this? Is this right? Plus I have never in my life undertaken a beep test!!! Help!!!

    • 0 replies
    • 546 views
  15. welshlady21
    Started by welshlady21,

    I am awaiting paper work to arrive to begin vetting for a post as admin within the police- I have an IVA - ( managed account) ( they are willing to provide a reference), no CCJ`s, not bankrupt, have speeding endorsements ( 3 points) from one of those stationary vans that catch you, and have a well behaved family other than a cousin who I don`t have contact with who is in and out of prison. do you think I will have any problems?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.