Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Kev G7
    Started by Kev G7,

    Hi I am new to the site but have found some really useful information which I hope will help me to achieve my goal of becoming a police officer. I posted my application off yesterday to Strathclyde Police and wait a reply, I passed the set 6 years ago but failed the initial interview. I have been doing lots of running to get my fitness up to speed. Though just looking for some advice. I can run 1.5 miles between 10.30 - 11.30 mins which falls into my age cat (30yrs) I run 4.5 miles 3 times a week but I have never done a bleep test, can anyone give advice on this and what else you have to do on initial fitness test Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 623 views
  2. amo
    Started by amo,

    Hi ive got my SET on the 18th, ive been going over some past papers and the only thing that i cant get is the Speed time distance. I understand how to do it but cant quiet figure out how to divide a smaller number into bigger one, if someone can give me a step by step how to do it i will be for ever in their debt!!!! Below is the example that has me confused..... ...also how do you convert 3.10hours to what it will be in hours and min's car travels for 40miles at 35mph, then for 80miles at 60mph then for 35miles at 65mph. What is the total time the car has travelled. Many Thanks p.s. i hope this is not breaking any rules in here, this example is from the police …

  3. DickDastardly
    Started by DickDastardly * ,

    I've lived outside the UK for several years in the military and have been told that wouldn't count against me, however i've spent the last 2 years living in Dubai. I'm thinking of returning to the UK next year and would like to apply to the Police however i'm concerned that my time in Dubai would count against me, is this correct?

    • 2 replies
    • 609 views
  4. tomhayball
    Started by tomhayball,

    Hi I am due to start with the City of London Police in Febuary Does anyone know what the first 6 weeks of training include? Is it different than other forces? Cheers Tom

    bristol bouncer
  5. PennyLane
    Started by PennyLane * ,

    Hi all, I'm really eager to apply to be a police officer (Lincolnshire January recruitment) but am concerned about the 'financial status' vetting I have read about. My own credit history is fine and have no current debt problems. However, my husband has debts from before we were married and has a poor credit history (dealings with debt collection agencies)- could this have an impact on my application?? Would appreciate any thoughts, thank you!!

    • 2 replies
    • 773 views
  6. samsdad
    Started by samsdad * ,

    First of all can i say hello to everyone, ive joined this site on behalf of my son sam who has for many years now wanted to become a police officer.Sam is 15 now and we were hoping with your help we could give him the best start.He applied for work experiance but was told the force didnt do that and there isnt any police cadets in our area.We werent sure what was best for sam between the ages 16-18 should he go to college and do a certain course or stay on at school.Please if anyone has any good advice we would be very gratefull,hopefully i have posted this in the right section.many thanks john, sams dad.

  7. PC Tomo
    Started by PC Tomo,

    Hi all.... wonder if you can help me. in brief i orginally applied to cumbria - passed assessment, then my personal circumstances changed and i decided i wanted to move to manchester for a greater challenge/experience and i have alot of friends there. I transferred to GMP and failed my final interview :-( anyways cheshire are looking to start recruitment early 2010 and i have been told to write to to them explaining....how can i do this without sounding like a totally idiot who doesnt know what she wants.... i dont see the fact that i willing to work for any force in that area that big of a deal?? but i know the force does as they like you to like them in particular... …

    • 1 reply
    • 505 views
  8. Aviator_Bhoy
    Started by Aviator_Bhoy,

    Does anyone have a copy of the official kit list issued to probationers before they start Tulliallan? I start in Feb 2010 but have not got my kit list yet and being ex-RAF i know how much of a rush it was trying to get kit together before starting a training course.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
  9. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I was planning to re-apply to GMP in the next couple of months (I failed vetting last time around but was told to re-apply in 2010) but as thats looking increasingly unlikely due to cuts etc I am looking for alternatives - does anyone have any idea when West Midlands will be recruiting again? A couple of years back everyone was recruiting for long windows, not it seems forces open recruitment for about 3 days maximum every few months!

  10. sleemark2938
    Started by sleemark2938,

    Good morning all, Just a quick one... Am I correct in thinking that sickness records are taken for the previous three years force wide or does this figure vary force to force? Any help appreciated, Regards, Mark

    • 1 reply
    • 666 views
  11. natti123
    Started by natti123,

    can't even believe it, i passed overall nearly over 80% in every area, and 100% in effective communication. And they have failed me for written with 22% im so gutted. I've just finished university aswel so its the last thing I thought I would fail on...... and now a 6month wait and there my not even be another post available

    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
  12. kennyr
    Started by kennyr * ,

    Hi I have got my assessment day for Central Scotland on 17/12/09. The only information I have been given is that it will include a 5 min presentation on a topic they have told me about and various other tests. Does anyone have any idea or information about what is involved on the day - Are competency based interview questions / role plays part of the day etc. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks Kenny

    • 1 reply
    • 299 views
  13. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I was planning to re-apply to GMP in the next couple of months (I failed vetting last time around but was told to re-apply in 2010) but as thats looking increasingly unlikely due to cuts etc I am looking for alternatives - can anyone who has been in the process lately for Cheshire advise on the usual timescale? GMP took me 18 months to go from initial application to medical but I hear some horror stories about some forces that put you on hold etc and it takes over 2 years! Im 31 this month and really want to get in ASAP now!

  14. gridgirl
    Started by gridgirl,

    Hey jus a quick question if any one can help. I have recentely passed vetting and have my medical on the 22nd of this month. Subject to this bein ok I have been told to expect my physical end Jan start of Feb. What Im wondering is what are the final security checks???, as my initial security checks took almost 6 months and serioulsy hoping this wouldnt be the case again?? If anyone can cast some light on what these final checks are and how long they take that would be great!!! Its such a long process as it is,let alone having to have the same thing done twice.

    • 1 reply
    • 463 views
  15. gavincarter1976
    Started by gavincarter1976,

    Hi There seems to be a lot of Surrey chat from people who have transfered their applications. Well done guys seems like you'll be starting soon. I wanted to chat with some people who had newly applied like me, I recently passed my fitness test and am waiting for the assessment centre date. I met some good people at Mount Browne the other day. I spoke with HR today and it looks like that date is going to be Jan or Feb, it really does take time. thanks Gavin

    gavincarter1976

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.