Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    Im looking into my options as I was going to re-apply to GMP next year but that looks unlikely now. Has anyone heard when Notts migth be recruiting again?

    • 3 replies
    • 2.5k views
  2. scotland04
    Started by scotland04 * ,

    hi all, having recently applied to strathclyde police, I was curious as to what happens after you get to Tulliallan. Is it classes during the day with evenings off? and i was wondering if you were allowed to leave at the weekend ? thanks !

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
    mark901546620561
  3. ker
    Started by ker,

    Hi im hopefully starting training for tvp in the spring but was wondering what books do they use for the training and is it worth getting them now and reading through them?

    flabber-my-gast
  4. ChrisW123
    Started by ChrisW123,

    Just a quickie, on the security form you get sent after passing the A/C, it says "Firm" and then has a corresponding bit on the back page to be filled in. Should I put my employer? Or is it for something that only applies to certain people filling in the form? I work at ASDA and thought that perhaps if they wanted their details they would have put "Employer", since "Firm" did not strike out as a familiar term I use or would be associated with. Thanks!

    • 2 replies
    • 580 views
  5. plum64_uk
    Started by plum64_uk,

    Morning all, About 3 months ago I started a thread called “Help re: Recruitment†that focused on recruitment in the south east. As most of us know Sussex police aren’t recruiting any time soon (Something like late 2010/early 2011). However, I’m also interested in joining any of the following: Sussex Surrey (but you need a qualification I believe) Kent Hampshire The Metropolitan Thames Valley British Transport Police CNC Mod Police Does anyone know if any of the above have scheduled recruitment days, or are planning to. I’d like to pool everyone’s help together and share any knowledge we have. Keep up the hunt! All my best, Rich

  6. elburro3
    Started by elburro3,

    Just wondered if anyone on here was in the same position as me... I applied to Suffolk Constabulary back in April 2008, and have since come through both the assessment centre and the final interview. At the interview they gave me the impression that should I be successful, I could well be starting in January. However, the letter came and, dispite the fact I was successful, it told me that I will not be starting in January, and now I basically have no idea when a start date will be. When you contact HR they basically just tell you to be patient, and they don't know when... but its hard when your lifes on hold!! Anyway, if anyone out there is in the same position and h…

    • 3 replies
    • 560 views
  7. 35mm

    I can't find a definite answer anyway. I had a tough adolescence, went through abuse etc (won't go into details) and was eventually sectioned at age 17 when I mentally broke down. It was a response to trauma, more than an inherent mental disorder. I heard that you cannot work in the emergency services if you have a section on your record, as it'd show up on CRB and vetting checks. Is this true? Working in the police force is all I really want to do with my life and hearing this is really crushing, seeing as it wasn't really my fault (or at least I couldn't help it) that I was sectioned. Just looking for some answers. Thank you!

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
    kester1546080880
  8. jonah49
    Started by jonah49,

    Hi All, My son applied for police cadets, he received a letter this morning informing him that he had failed vetting. We have no reason as to why this would happen, he is a good lad, doing brilliantly at school, has never ever been in trouble with the police. We as a family are honest, hard working and law abiding. My son does live thirty or so miles away from the force he applied to as our local police force do not operate a police cadet system - would this be a problem? We do know that a lot of people have applied to this force as cadets! My son is understandably gutted and confused as we all are, he was planning to do a public services course at the local college, can…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. jason88
    Started by jason88,

    Hi Guys Im due to start with Surrey on the 4th January and wanted to get a bit of a heads up on the IPLDP course, as it appears we will be doing distance learning for roughly 6 weeks of the training. Has anyone gone through the process recently and if so can you shed any light on what happens? Much Appreciated! Jas

  10. swanny
    Started by swanny,

    Hi All, May I wish you all a very merry Christmas! Now is the time to relax a little with friends and family. Take some time out and re charge the batteries. We can then kick off the New Year with fresh vigour and a renewed optimism. CHEERS!!!

    • 6 replies
    • 364 views
  11. IAmHere1546620512
    Started by IAmHere1546620512,

    Hello everyone, not been on here for a while but it's a pleasure to read everyone's posts as always. Am still yet to recieve the 2nd letter that was said to be sent to us in December. I don't want to ask my R/O anything as she scares me a bit but I do sympathise that taking calls must hold up their jobs. So I thought I'd turn to you lovely people with my query... I have since given up obsessing when I might be starting, and just relaxed and am trying not to think about it in the hope that a start date will come along before I realise. However, the prospect that it might not be until 2010/11 whilst both annoying and understandable, makes me worry that I could be waiting a…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.8k views
  12. mtracerz
    Started by mtracerz,

    Anyone currently in the application process with Grampian? Just submitted my application today

  13. wannabeirongirl
    Started by wannabeirongirl * ,

    I am so upset! After a very long recruitment process I had my medical yesterday and failed the eye sight! My prescription is -0.75 in one eye and -2.50 in the other so I didn't think my eyes were too bad. Anyway, I passed the unaided vision test and got to the aided required level in each eye but failed binocularly (both eyes together). As I'm sure you all know, you need 6/6 and I got 6/6 but with 2 letters wrong. I then went to my optician who said that there is nothing that can be done to improve my eyes further :o( She also doesn't think that laser eye surgery would work as I have quite a bad astagmitism in one eye. Absolutely gutterd!!!

    Maximus1546081008
  14. x Lou x
    Started by x Lou x,

    Hi folks, Was just looking to have a blether with other folk that are going to Tulliallan at the start of Jan. There are 12 of us going from Tayside Lou x

    • 10 replies
    • 1.8k views
  15. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    Anybody an Ex Firefighter and joined the new police pension scheme? I would be interested in knowing you got on with transferring your pension across.I had a general conversation with the MET pension scheme people and they said that the old fire-fighters scheme is the same as the old police scheme and when it converts over to the new police scheme it will not buy me as many years. I cant see how this is true as I currently pay in 11% of my wages into the old scheme which is more than what the newbies pay in.We are also moving and I found a print out that we were sent by the fire brigade as they wanted us to transfer over to the new scheme a few years ago. My service b…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.