Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Homerjay32
    Started by Homerjay32 * ,

    Does anyone know or heard when the Devon & Cornwall intake is likely to start, I passed in April and am still awaiting intake. Anyone in the same boat

  2. mohammed_alim
    Started by mohammed_alim,

    hello everyone i was hoping someone could provide me with some sort of information or advice. basically i applied for southwales police last january 09 i passed the application process and all the other stages like a/c, medical and fitness test, i progressed onto the pre induction course which starts tomorrow i recived the letter inviting me to the course maybe 2 weeks ago. i got a fone call today, 1 day before my pre induction course telling not to attend the course tomorrow because there were some issues with my vetting, i did ask what the issues were but they said they cant disscus it and the only way i can find out is by writing to the vetting bureau. As you can under…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. kojak1889
    Started by kojak1889,

    Help! I live in north nottinghamshire and lincolnshire and south yorkshire are recruiting. Lincolnshire may have less competition but s.yorks is smaller so I will never be too far from home where ever am put. Sigh, this was all sorted till I saw S.Yorks was recruiting. Now am not so sure. Could I have any opinions please?

    • 0 replies
    • 362 views
  4. Captain Scarlet
    Started by Captain Scarlet,

    Hello Fellow Forum Folks! I've been trying to do some practice report writing exercises from a Police Recruitment book in preparation for the AC. I have really been finding it challenging to get anywhere close to completing the exercise within the alloted 20 minutes! In fact, I would defy anyone to read the instructions and then neatly write the sample report which appears in the reference book that I've been using! By the time my 20 minute alarm sounds, I would say I have managed to get about 50-60% through what I would actually have liked to have written. I'm hoping a few more practice attempts will encourage me to deal with the task quicker but it just se…

  5. jca
    Started by jca,

    any one got any tips for me, beginning to panic a bit now!!!

  6. willgimmence

    Back in March not last year, but the year before (2008 believe it or not!) I decided to attend a recruitment event with the Met police. After the event I decided joining the police was what I wanted to do. I took an application form, filled it all in and sent it back. In September(ish) I received a letter saying well done, application form accepted. In November I attended an assessment centre with the met. In January 2009 I found out that unfortunately I hadn't quite made it in - I'd only got 58% when 60% was the required pass mark. Ableit 3 days after my assessment they reduced the pass mark to 55% (totally gutted.) It was suggested that I looked at transferring to anoth…

  7. PC Tomo
    Started by PC Tomo,

    http://www.allpolicejobs.co.uk/index.php?p...rch_police_jobs good luck everyone stacy

    • 0 replies
    • 559 views
  8. si23
    Started by si23,

    Sorry to be bothering you all, but....... Does anyone have any idea on when/if Durham will be recruiting for PC applicants? Any time in the next 12 months? Also how does their process work. To obtain an application form, do you have to attend a recruitment session, ring and request an application or is it all on-line? Thanks in advance. Si23

    • 9 replies
    • 731 views
  9. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    failed my application to the specials. They said occupational health advised them I would not be fit for the role. Only thing I can imagine it being is I dislocated my shoulder over 2 years ago and had an operation to fix it from happening. The surgeon told me the operation was succesful and that the shoulder would be full repaired and as strong as the other shoulder within a year, and the same chance of it dislocating as the other shoulder in a year. 2 years have passed and my shoulder is 100% recovered and all I have is a tiny scar to show for it, no discomfort and no paint whatsoever. I am absolutly gutted I have failed because of this because I did all I could at the …

    • 8 replies
    • 388 views
    sykes1545925530
  10. jonah49
    Started by jonah49,

    I had my Met Police day 2 today, and was put on medical hold while i wait for a routine hernia operation to be carried out. Will vetting have begun already or will it also be put on hold. Thanks Jonah.

    • 2 replies
    • 220 views
  11. jonah49
    Started by jonah49,

    I had my Met Police day 2 today, and was put on medical hold while i wait for a routine hernia operation to be carried out. Will vetting have begun already or will it also be put on hold. Thanks Jonah.

    • 3 replies
    • 942 views
  12. dave king
    Started by dave king,

    I would be most gratefull if any body can answer me a few questions, What is the pass rate for west midlands ac? , Are you aloud some mistakes on spelling and grammer on written excesise, or will that be vital?. I have a common accent , will this affect me in any way? i have ac on 27th january anybody else? thanks for your time

  13. Danny 30
    Started by Danny 30,

    Hi all, Has anyone heard any whispers on the grapevine of any forces recruiting in the next few months. He currently has a pass mark for a.c of 56%. The same as i got for Cleveland and passed. Think he was applying to Norfolk. Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 900 views
  14. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Just browsing on a website, when i noticed the following... ASB outside the fish shop and on the tseps at the rear of local school The person who wrote this should not be in the police !!. They cannot spell, and do not possess the required standard of english needed by the police. Obviously im joking, But i wanted to get some views on bad spelling, which is on public view. (espicially lonestar)

    • 25 replies
    • 1.9k views
  15. Flunky Turtle
    Started by Flunky Turtle,

    just a quick question do alot of people fail training? i imagine it takes alot of studying and no half arsing but is there a high fail rate?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.