Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Drgnn
    Started by Drgnn,

    I have just received a letter informing me that my application to the specials has been withdrawm. I have tired calling them and they have told me they cant give me any details The only problem i can think of is my Father. I dont have any contact with him and know he has been in trouble with the police for numerous offences. Is there anyway i can appeal or shall i just forget it? Id hate to think that because of my father i cant join. Especially when i have zero contact with him and have never commited an offence myself. Any help would be appreciated

    • 3 replies
    • 663 views
  2. bakedbeanleg
    Started by bakedbeanleg,

    i have my medical on 22nd dec, and wondered if anyone knew the pass level for the spirometry test? I used to have childhood asthma, but nothing since adolescence, but i remember when i started at the gym almost a year ago, they said it was below average. has anyone who has been to the medical know the minimum level? or any ideas on how to improve your peak flow on the day?

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  3. kjd2475
    Started by kjd2475,

    Hi all, Was anyone else lucky enough to get an Application Pack after the recruitment campaign closed after just one day..?? Best get filling mine in then.. Kev.D..

  4. m.rooke1987
    Started by m.rooke1987,

    Hi all.. i have only just registered on here.. well where do i start.... I first applied to join lincolnshire force last december.I sent my form off and i hoped for the best.I didn't hear anything so i assumed that i had not been succesfull.Then to my suprise i recieved a letter from the police force explaining to me why i hadn't got in giving me an insight on what to add to my application form to stand a better chance of being accepted next time round. This letter gave me a percentage of people i scored higher than and lower than on the main topics on the form. I thought that if you did not hear anything within six months then you had not been succesfull.Obviously thi…

    • 7 replies
    • 908 views
    Tim in the South
  5. jonathan123456789
    Started by jonathan123456789,

    I applied to TVP in Feb this year, i've had my assessment centre and am awaiting my fitness date. Can anyone give me examples of how long from their experience the process takes for TVP from applying to start date. I was thinking (hoping) i could get a start date around December so 10 months, is this realistic given my current position in the process just about to undergo my fitness?

    • 16 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. ludvanbull
    Started by ludvanbull,

    Hi all, at last I have just recieved a letter from Dyfed-Powys, inviting me to attend the assessment centre in march. I am now looking to book a recruitment course for feb sometime, and as there are several to choose from, was wondering if anyone has an opinion on which ones are the best for value for money, most informative, etc. Was leaning towards the in2police one personally if anyone has been on this one. ps, my letter also stated that Dyfed-Powys are opening up for recruitment again in autumn if anyone needed to know.

    • 5 replies
    • 541 views
  7. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi All. Has Anyone idea when West Yorkshire are next recruiting? Many Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 726 views
  8. Jigga
    Started by Jigga,

    Hi need some advice? I have passed my Day 1 and Day 2 all fine but whilst waiting for a start date like everyone else (no references been taken yet) I accidentely broken my arm, I had surgery and had a plate and screws put in. My arm is nearly fully healed, but will be fine when I get a start date I'm sure of it. My question is do you think they would fail me because of the operation? as I have already passed my medical and given the all clear, anyone ever come across this situation before? Thanks for any assistance

    • 2 replies
    • 499 views
  9. Joannewhite29
    Started by Joannewhite29,

    Hya folks, I need abit of advice if possible. To be fair as a general rule I am a very confident person, I have a lot of experience dealing with people, I am overall quite outgoing and approachable. However, I am extremely nervous about the assessment day I dont know why, any tips on how I can overcome this. Regards Jo Joannewhite292010-01-12 14:22:16

  10. Jigga
    Started by Jigga,

    Hi need some advice? I have passed my Day 1 and Day 2 all fine but whilst waiting for a start date like everyone else (no references been taken yet) I accidentely broken my arm, I had surgery and had a plate and screws put in. My arm is nearly fully healed, but will be fine when I get a start date I'm sure of it. My question is do you think they would fail me because of the operation? as I have already passed my medical and given the all clear, anyone ever come across this situation before? Thanks for any assistance

    • 1 reply
    • 953 views
  11. Nik
    Started by Nik,

    Hi Everyone, I have recently passed my initial interview with Strathclyde and have now progressed to the background check, I was wondering if anyone could give my some pointers as to what i have to study for the final interview, for the initial one i studied my area (North Lanarkshire), the different divisions in Strathclyde, the specialist units, the training and the very high priorities. I have searched the website and cant really find anything else to study so i was just wondering if someone who has had their final interview could tell me what else there is i have to learn or just continue studying what i have? I am not looking for questions and answers just pointer…

    • 2 replies
    • 362 views
  12. mancuser
    Started by mancuser,

    Hello Guys, Been informed Lancashire wont be recruiting this financial year at least, and that even in the next financial year there are no firm dates, as they already have a lot of people accepted.. On this note, I wondered if anybody had news on when GMP were next recruiting? It will be a fair commute but ultimately worth it. At the minute I am applying to be a special in Lancashire for the experience. Any thoughts appreciated.

  13. judojo
    Started by judojo,

    Hi This is my first post and I would appreciate any help or advice anyone could give. I am about to undertake my eyesight test and medical for Gwent Police. Could anyone please enlighten me on the eyesight test, i.e what does it entail altogether. I am aware of all the actual tests what I actually need to know is what other tests do they do, do they actually examine your eyes by looking into them? I know this is a bit of a random one but I really would welcome an answer if anyone out there has one! Many thanks ad good luck to all.

    • 3 replies
    • 224 views
  14. Mossy1546620142
    Started by Mossy1546620142,

    Hi everyone. I have around 6 occasions totalling over 100 days off sick in the last 3 years however only 2 occasions totalling 7 days are due to sickness. Excuse me for going into detail but the other 4 occasions are as follows:- 1 occasion of 63 days due to crushing my finger in work and having to recover after an operation 1 occasion of 22 days due to being in a car crash 2 occasions totalling between 25 and 30 days due to a repetative strain injury on my back (which has now gone) I am looking to apply for Merseyside and I know they are quite strict with their policy of no more than 3 occasions! Would they be likely to show leniency towards unaviodable injuries? …

    • 5 replies
    • 803 views
    Mossy1546620142
  15. mshep10
    Started by mshep10,

    Hi does anyone know if anywhere will be recruiting for PCSO's soon i have had a look at a few sites but cant find anywhere??

    • 1 reply
    • 307 views
    Mossy1546620142

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.