Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Regarding the question "Think of a situation when you have shown respect for someone who had an important aspect ( e.g a deep rooted moral or religious belief ) of their lifestyle that differed significantly from your own. Im currently useing a answer of when i've dealt with a muslim family who came into my shop. Today, a partially deaf and blind man came into the shop. It was difficult dealing with him, but i feel i done a good job. Could i use this scenario for this question or, should i stick wth my original answer ? Any advice would be great.

    • 5 replies
    • 673 views
  2. nibbler
    Started by nibbler,

    Hello, I'm looking to transfer to Northants from West Mids. They're going through major restructure and getting rid of acting. There's no sign of any board. I'm Part 1 and 2 qualified. What are the prospects for PC to Sgt promotion? I'm also looking at Northants due to the area. It's closer to home. Cheers Nibbler

    • 0 replies
    • 441 views
  3. daybo
    Started by daybo,

    I am looking to return to Herts from TVP and was wondering if there are any Herts officers who work either Central or Eastern area. I was working in Western area for 1 year. if my application was successful I am looking to ask HR to consider me working either the above two areas. I would like to know what is like working in Stevenage or Hatfield as I am looking for a busy and challenging town. I do understand i will have to work where ever they need me. Regards, Daybo

  4. JordanW
    Started by JordanW * ,

    I have an reprimand from when I was 16 for battery. Planning on applying for Cleveland Police in 2010 or 2012. Depending on my current job situation. Just wondering if this would stop me from getting into the Police or even as PCSO! Kind regards to all,

    • 2 replies
    • 465 views
    ike-fungipoke1546620562
  5. mentor10
    Started by mentor10 * ,

    Regards, I do apologise if this has been posted before - I am not to tech savvy with discussion forums. (please post relevant thread links if it has) I am just enquiring about the MOD Police (I would like to join this service), is anyone here a employee? Can you explain a bit more about their role and typical example of their duties? I have been asking around police officers and some ex armed forces member who just describe them as "security guards" doing a guarding job. Is this true?

    • 3 replies
    • 545 views
  6. gm11
    Started by gm11,

    Finally passed vetting, found out from the Shared Recruitment Service that I have my final interview this Thursday (14th) with L&B! I've done a lot of resarch and kept up to date with the local and national news. I have a got idea what i'll be facing but anyone got some last minute tips? Also, to the Edinburgh/L&B population out there, how long does it take to get to Fettes from Waverly station in a taxi.... lol Thanks for any info

    • 2 replies
    • 298 views
    hibee1546620559
  7. dave king
    Started by dave king,

    Hi, could any one please tell me the pass rate for west mids, is their a final interview? I have my AC on Thursday 21st Janruary 2010 any info would be most greatfull? Any body else that has got the same date? Many thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 183 views
  8. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Hi Im looking to apply as a police officer in the near future. I have already applied for the role of PCSO, but was rejected. I would like to know what are the questions in the PC application form ? Any help would be great. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 3.2k views
    Mossy1546620142
  9. newuserlancs
    Started by newuserlancs,

    Anybody going for the upcoming applications? I will be, although will be a trek from mid-Lancashire.

  10. kojak1889
    Started by kojak1889,

    Just having a browse so I expect I will have more questions later but Why only 3 years of employment history? I was expecting 5 at least! (not that am not happy about ir ;-) ) Also why is the family part crossed out? Is everybody elses like that? Any ideas what I should but for my grades? I know I have 8 GCSE's D-G grades with D's in English & science but I have no certificates to proove that as I have lost them. Should I leave it blank or fill that in explaining I have lost them? Sigh, god I wished I'd paid attention at school now!

  11. kojak1889
    Started by kojak1889,

    Well I have been calling tham all morning and the first time I get through they are already out. Grrrrr. Does anybody have any tips for next time on how to get through? I tried emailing them too this morning but I havent had a reply so I suspect they havent read it and I wont be getting a form

  12. Willy Wonka
    Started by Willy Wonka * ,

    Hi there new to the forum, Ive recently decided that the Career route I would like to go down is as a Police Officer(If only it was as easy as just saying thats what you are going to do ). Im currently a Postman and have been for the last three years which I enjoy but its to repetitive and being only 25years of age I want something that is different day in day out but also challenging and exciting, for me a Police officer ticks all the right boxes. At the moment I understand they arent recruiting in the West Mids/Warwickshire at the moment but when they do I will be applying, My only concern is the tattoos I have. I have a three quarter sleeve tattoo on my left arm, dau…

    • 4 replies
    • 612 views
  13. LeicsPolSC
    Started by LeicsPolSC,

    Where do the Lincs recruits do the 17 week theory stage of the Initial Police Learning and Development Programme? (Don't know where the other half of the post title has gone either!!!)

  14. bluesandtwosjoey
    Started by bluesandtwosjoey * ,

    Hi All, I've finally made it through all the applications, tests, waiting, theory training and practical assessments and am starting my first TPT patrol as a probationer tomorrow (Sunday) night. Does anyone have any last-minute advice for me? I've met my tutor and I've (briefly) seen round the nick so I (kinda) know where I'm going when I get there. Is there anyone you'd suggest I go and see as soon as I walk in or should I just wait for my tutor to take the lead? What kit (apart from issued) is vital on the 1st day. I've got a mini torch clipped to my stab-vest so I can see what I'm writing and I've got thick socks. Anything else? Is there anything specifically about…

    Dexter1546620487
  15. Drgnn
    Started by Drgnn,

    I have just received a letter informing me that my application to the specials has been withdrawn. I have tired calling them and they have told me they cant give me any details or appeal The only problem i can think of is my Father. I dont have any contact with him and know he has been in trouble with the police for numerous offences (I dont know for what). Is there anyway i can appeal or is there no way i can get around this? Id hate to think that because of my father i cant join. Especially when i have zero contact with him for over 10 years (Last time i saw him i was 7) and have never commited an offence myself. Speaking to my mum he has been in trouble wit…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.