Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. bluesquare1546620552
    Started by bluesquare1546620552,

    I have my assessment centre on the 2nd feb and have been practicing all of the various parts, and reading threads on here, and making myself more nervous. I do not have or wear a watch, and was wondering - would I be able to take my ipod touch with me to lay on desk to use as a stopwatch/clock?? Or, are you not allowed such things in test rooms? Many thanks

  2. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I was hoping that Cheshire would be opening for recruitment in spring this year, but according to their website which was updated today, they now anticipate that date to be early in 2011 instead. Im a bit gutted as I was hoping this year to apply to GMP (they failed me on vetting last year after passing the rest of the process due to debt issues, but basically said if I apply again 12 months they will look 'favourably' on me if it is still being paid off) but it looks like they will have a freeze for the next 18 months or so, and then I attended a specials familiarisation evening on tuesday for Cheshire and spoke to them about my vetting issues and they basically said it …

    • 3 replies
    • 531 views
  3. Trouble01
    Started by Trouble01,

    I have finally been given a start date(met), and in the email it said I will be receiving an information pack in May, what does this consist of? I know I am already a PCSO, but any advice on training etc, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. AdamO
    Started by AdamO,

    Hey, When writing answers to the Competency Based Questions, is it permitted to use foul/offensive language that other people may have used in your examples, and that you then challenged them over? In other words, if I put the person's quotes in quotation marks and explained that these were the "bullying/discriminatory/insensitive" comments I had encountered, would the assessor be offended? Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 842 views
  5. sword1546620377
    Started by sword1546620377,

    Hi all I have my L2 test on the 27/01/2010 and was hoping someone could tell me if you need to know the caution for the test? Good luck to everyone...

    Universally_Challenged
  6. fizz16
    Started by fizz16,

    Well just when I had written it all off for a while got a letter on thursday (been away so only got it yesterday!) for a conditional offer for course to start on Feb 1st! So as long as vetting goes ok, which I hope seeing as am already a PCSO, will be moving into Essex, as currently live in Suffolk and have been given Western area at mo So anyone else have good news?!

  7. jdean23
    Started by jdean23,

    Hello everyone. I've got a question i'm hoping somebody can help me with. I've been to see my doctor today, and got some bad news. It seems I may have asthma. Now he knows I'm trying to join the police, so he didn't perform proper tests, keeping it from my medical record, but in his mind it's asthma. Now I don't know where this leaves me. I've passed the assesment stage, and am currently at the background vetting stage. This is the reason he's kept it off my record for now. Do the police reject applications because of asthma? Is it individual force policy? Can I still get in? I'm currently training to get myself fitter, but after long running sessions I find myself…

  8. harris
    Started by harris,

    hi just wondering if anyone has heard from the Kent police about how long the wait is to start as I passed in November of 2008 and have been told I probably won't start till the later part of this yeah ..... has anyone heard anything else by any chance ?

  9. kirstyhulley
    Started by kirstyhulley,

    Hi Guys Just fancied popping a post on really Applied October 2008, passed assessment centre June 2009, passed Fitness and medical December 2009....Have accepted invitation for the March 2010 intake, sonow just waiting on passing the vetting. Called HR on Friday just gone, who said they are just waiting on one reference to get back to them....they asked me what notice I need to give at my current place, 4 weeks I told them, so hopefully...soon...I will get 'THE LETTER' with my actual start date and I can finally hand in my notice!! Anyone else 'nearly there', and anyone else applied/applying for Cambridgeshire? Doesnt seem to be too many of us Cambs people around h…

  10. simon0195
    Started by simon0195 * ,

    I had my assesment day on saturday and im a bit worried about the written test. Does anyone know if your allowed spelling mistakes? I also didnt finish one of the test will this go against me? what is is there looking for? Sorry for the multiple questions!!

    • 3 replies
    • 417 views
  11. ct73
    Started by ct73,

    Hello, Just out of interest, is anybody able to advise the fitness standards required for dog handlers please? To be honest, I am not being cocky as I still need to take my first "standard" assessment yet and will be pleased to get through this in the first instance. But just wondered what additional requirements there are, in order to work towards a bit later (all being well of course). Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

  12. gems1984
    Started by gems1984,

    Does anyone else have their fitness test on this day? No christmas pud for me!

  13. kojak1889
    Started by kojak1889,

    ***************** (many explitives I cant write) Ive mucked it up. I got my mother in law to check the spelling and there are too many spelling errors! ARGH! I did practice runs and used spell checker on word. Blasted thing was set to English US wasnt it! So thats most of them and a few are just stupid. Am so GUTTED! The only plus is at least I had it checked so I dont find out and get banned from applying for 6 months. Looks like Notts are recruiting in the next few months so I can apply there which I couldnt have had it this appy failed. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

    • 3 replies
    • 474 views
  14. Pete1546620600
    Started by Pete1546620600,

    I've been looking at a various one day courses to help with getting through the application processes and just wanted to know if anyones has been through them and if it was worth it? Also if there was a spesific course for the Scottish Forces 'cos there seems to be a few differences between them and the ones down south?

    • 2 replies
    • 389 views
  15. LeicsPolSC
    Started by LeicsPolSC,

    I have completed my application form, however it was pointed out to me that in one question I have been gender specific. I have said something along the lines of: "I then spoke to the boy" and then something like "he was offended". Am I going to get penalised for being gender specific. Apparently it would have been better to say: "I then spoke to the person" and "they were offended" Any clues anybody? Am I panicing over nothing! Do they mark you down for this? Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.