Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. The Large Portion
    Started by The Large Portion,

    All in the title really - what actually gets done when I'm there? I've got mine on Thursday and roughly understand that they'll take a urine sample and weigh me...but how is it all conducted?

    • 1 reply
    • 326 views
  2. brad007
    Started by brad007,

    I was just wondering if anyone has done the talking blues day course to prepare themselves for the assessment centre and was it worth it. Thanks guys

  3. maddog999
    Started by maddog999,

    Hi all, Has anyone recently undergone this process. I am part way through the transfer process and would probably be looking at a posting to AWE. I'm just seeking advise in to roles, transfering specialisms and pension arrangements. If anyone can offer some advice it would be appreciated. Cheers!

  4. dtrofimczuk
    Started by dtrofimczuk,

    Hi All, just wondering if any of you know the answer to this. I have basically applied to the Met police and have completed Day 1, Day 2 and vetting. My current understanding is that I may not even get start start date so I have thought about other careers also. After looking at some vacancies I have thought about taking my chances apply for a staff role. Do any of you know if you are allowed to do this whilst keeping my option open? Thanks for the help. Daniel

  5. matty_28
    Started by matty_28,

    Does anybody know if and when the following forces will be recruiting... Greater Manchester Police Lancashire MPS Cheshire? I've seen that cheshire wont be recruiting until 2011 and I have seen that the city of london police opens tommorow. Thanks

  6. Simon09
    Started by Simon09,

    anyone applying at the mo to northants? there must be someone out there !

  7. CRS2010
    Started by CRS2010 * ,

    On a similar note, how likely is it that you are able to join the Police if you have a couple of small Fixed Penalty notices in the past? Is this likely to mean you get rejected or have others got in successfully? At what stage in the recruitment process would these be mentioned?

    • 1 reply
    • 601 views
  8. Aviator_Bhoy
    Started by Aviator_Bhoy,

    (Tayside) Got some bad news on the 6th.I went for my final medical as my 6 months had lapsed, I passed no problem but when i phoned recruiting for Tayside to confirm the start date that they had advised me of which was 16th Feb at Baluniefield 23rd at Tulliallan, i was told that due to force budgets it wasn't looking likely that there will be a Feb intake and the next one is April. Anyone know anything? or heard anything? or............... anything? that may give me a bit of hope. a couple of months wait for a job that i'm hopefully going to be doing for the next 35 years seems pretty insignificant but when my current employer cannot keep me on past the 20th of January i…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  9. Belfast Boy
    Started by Belfast Boy,

    Hi guys, I have just received the excellent news that have been given a provisional start date with Surrey Police for 4th Jan!!!!! Can't tell you all how delighted I am!!! I just thought I'd start this post as I'm aware of some other guys with the same start date as me; and I'd like anyone else in the same situation, or even those still waiting for their start date to make themselves known!

  10. hullahoop777
    Started by hullahoop777 * ,

    Well I am wondering if you can give us some help or guidance :) my son is currently 14 and has wanted to join the Police Force since he was 5. He is currently choosing his options, however has been told the Police Force do not require specific subjects, I have searched online and this seems to be true, however, I was wondering whether any subjects he could choose at this stage would be better than others? As you all have the experience in this field I thought you were the best people to ask, I hope you dont mind. Thank you for your time reading this :)

    • 5 replies
    • 519 views
  11. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi all. Could someone please tell me if the keyboard test is conducted using a laptop or a desktop p.c. Secondly if in the interview, a question came up when have you taken others' needs into account? Would you consider the following a strong answer... A diabetic is attending the party and i ask her if she would like me to bake cakes with low amounts' of sugar, to which she states she would prefer sweeteners. So i bake the food with her specific requirements by using sweeteners'. I also bring diet coke and bottled water. So overall she was able to enjoy the same food as everyone else.

    • 0 replies
    • 120 views
  12. Jessie89
    Started by Jessie89,

    Hi everyone, Has anyone transferred their application? xxx

  13. gemma1545925618
    Started by gemma1545925618,

    Does anyone know the assessment day pass mark for north yorkshire police?

    • 0 replies
    • 763 views
    gemma1545925618
  14. Chrissy86
    Started by Chrissy86,

    hope you can help i applied to tayside in sep 2007 and declred my caution of loitering with intent i got 5 years earlier when i was 16. i ttended court in sep 2008 for a driving offence which i again declared,i was told i was on hold for 6 months and they would continue the process. final interview june 09 where i was told they wouldnt be an issue or i wldnt have gone that far. Next was the fitness test in aug 09 (passed) then medical sep 09 (pssed)i was told i was witing on a start date,on 23rd of nov 09 i was to sit ANOTHER fitness test and told if i passed it,i would start 4th Jan 2010.passed that and was told on Dec 09 i had filded vetting.i apealed then got a let…

    • 0 replies
    • 606 views
  15. ico749
    Started by ico749,

    Apologise if this is already covered here, had a quick scan but I'm on teabreak at work so didn't go into much depth. Just filling out medical questionaire with all the tickboxes and had a couple of queries; don't know if anyone has had anything similar... Firstly when I was about 3 I had a ear infection, but that has since cleared and I've no hearing problems, at least I've passed both RNR and MET hearing tests in the last 3 years. Should this be included or is it too long ago to be relevant? Secondly do broken arms/legs etc count under any operations or surgical procedures? As I say these are probably silly questions, but after being in this process so long I don't …

    • 4 replies
    • 273 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.