Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. tasha_4
    Started by tasha_4,

    Hi Could somebody please explain to me bad character? This is coming up in a exam in a couple of weeks and i am not sure what its about. Would be very grateful if you could explain Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
    kester1546080880
  2. LoobyLou
    Started by LoobyLou * ,

    Hi, My partner is a police officer currently working for South Wales Police. We both live in the Notts area and he just stays in Wales on his work days. He has applied for a transfer to Nottinghamshire Police and has got an interview coming up. I was just wondering if anyone could offer us any advice regarding the interview? It's really important to us that he gets the transfer as we have two children and we're currently spending more time apart as a family than we are together so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Lou

    • 0 replies
    • 556 views
  3. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    Hi, I appealed to West Midlands Occupational Health on 9th January and got a letter 2 days later saying that will write to me once gathered all medical advice needed. Still haven't received anything back. Just wandered how long people had to wait until Occupational Health wrote back to them with there decision. Dan

    • 2 replies
    • 462 views
  4. Longarm
    Started by Longarm,

    When did the recruitment department state they would let you know if you had got through the paper sift?

  5. printerel
    Started by printerel * ,

    Hi, I have my assessent centre at for Lothian and Borders next week, just wondering what to expect on day 2 if I get that far? Anyone else going on 4-5th Feb? This site has been really good, so much information!

  6. Fluff
    Started by Fluff * ,

    Hello there all ;o) Well, I have recently been made redundant from a job I hated (so dont cry for me there) and Im using the opportunity to try to get back on track to meet my childhood aspirations of working within the police. Dont want to be a constable... I simply dont have the brawn. My nickname is Fluffy, which tells you all you need to know on that note ;o) Just wondering if anybody has any tips on how I might go about getting myself qualified to work as a police-staff-type-person (not talking like that might help, I know this) Ive looked into a number of jobs and the role of Intelligence Analyst does jump out at me as pretty damn intriguing. but as an a-level …

    • 1 reply
    • 886 views
  7. Olisam
    Started by Olisam,

    I thought I'd start a new post to see what everyone is doing (if anything) to be prepared for when they eventually start training. So far, my preparation has been to shout 'nee nor' at the top of my voice whenever I drive my mum's car. I can't help but feel I'm wasting my time but have few ideas on what else I could be doing. Anyone know of any books that would be good to digest while we wait? Or have any other awesome ideas?

    • 7 replies
    • 801 views
  8. Logan335
    Started by Logan335 * ,

    Hi I was wondering if there are any general or specific skills or qualifications which you think would help in improving your chances at recruitment e.g. degree, languages, courses. Also, do you think most skills are transferable or do certain forces rate differently? Many thanks for your time.

    • 5 replies
    • 738 views
  9. theduke
    Started by theduke,

    Hi there, does anyone know if there is an intake happening in February? I have been told that I'm pencilled in for this date at the moment, but not heard anything for definate. Fingers crossed!!!

    • 2 replies
    • 557 views
  10. wannabpc
    Started by wannabpc,

    Hi, I have just passed the assessment centre for West Midlands Police and have sent my forms back for vetting. I have been told that it should be around 2 months before I hear if this was successfull and upto 4-5 months before I get a date for my medical. However does anyone know how long it is inbetween passing the medical and getting a fitness test? Is that quite quick or is it likely to be another 6 months? Cheers Sarah

  11. df86
    Started by df86,

    Hi, just wondering about my first pay, now i know pay is not the most important thing in my starting month but I was wondering where i stand with my finances. I start on the 16/02/10 so will i get my first wage on the 15/03/10 or 15/04/10, I'm not a 100% on the term (a month in leiu?) or basically i get the first month when i finish? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
  12. df86
    Started by df86,

    Has anybody else been given a start date 16th of feb then Tulli on the 23rd?

    • 15 replies
    • 2.5k views
  13. davluff
    Started by davluff,

    Does anybody know if you can apply to an English and Scottish constabulary at the same time? Thanks davluff2010-02-01 19:08:06

    • 0 replies
    • 575 views
  14. Colliz
    Started by Colliz,

    Hi. Was anyone else at Jackton on the 8th January for the final fitness and drugs screening? I was there and passed and was just wondering if anyone else there had a start date yet? Liz

  15. grant_87
    Started by grant_87,

    hello this is what cheshire police are currently stating on there website regarding there next recruitment phase The Cheshire Constabulary recruitment lines are currently closed and we are not accepting applications for Police Officers. The Uniform Recruitment Team have recently been advised of decisions taken by the Chief Officer Group and the Police Authority in relation to our provisional recruitment targets for the 2010/11 financial year, and having reviewed the number of people currently in our recruitment processes we have sufficient numbers of applicants for the foreseeable future. We do not plan on opening our recruitment lines again until early 2011. Should …

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.