Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Universally_Challenged
    Started by Universally_Challenged,

    Does anyone know the limit for NWP sicknesses that is deemed to be acceptable? Thank you! :)

    • 6 replies
    • 586 views
    Universally_Challenged
  2. jadunlop
    Started by jadunlop,

    Is it ok to go up to Jackton and train for the Fitness Test? I've got my SET and Fitness Test on the 13th December and wouldn't mind actually running the proper course. I've just been doing 3-4 mile runs and also worked out a 1.5 mile run that I have now eventually got under 12 mins 30 sec. If anyone has any tips I'd love to hear from them, thanks. Cheers

  3. abberbob
    Started by abberbob,

    Someone tell me if I'm losing it here. I have a question in a practice paper, to protect the identity of the individual vehicles involved their names have been changed. A car travels at 32 mph for 4 & 1/2 hours. A horse rider travels for the same length of time at half of the speed. how much futher does the car travel? Please show your working :wink:...

    • 5 replies
    • 366 views
  4. biscuit
    Started by biscuit,

    I am in the march 15th intake and need to submit the form asap! I really need some advice on which boroughs to choose! All but 1 of the boroughs i initially wanted are no longer available. I really dont know how to choose my borough choices as they are all approx an hour or above away from where I live or too close (eg, the borough i live in or the neighbouring borough). What should i take into consideration when choosing? distance? crime levels? size of borough? shift patterns?

  5. a Kindly Beast
    Started by a Kindly Beast,

    I know this sounds a little on the silly side however it has me perplexed.... I'm after a pair of magnums and i'm a size 9. However i was advised that magnums are best bought a size below your actual. After trying them on I found size 8 difficult to get into and left little room to wear thick socks, however they fitted better than the pair of 9s. Any magnum owners out there who could advise? Am i better off taking the risk that the leather on the 8s will stretch after some wear?

  6. Paige91
    Started by Paige91,

    Hi i'm still waiting for my Assesment day results which should be coming throug soon. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the pass mark is for the West Midlands? Just so i know what too expects :S Thankyou..

  7. craigls
    Started by craigls * ,

    Hi all, I know that police stations are not recruiting stations (do you have recruting stations?), however, if I was to walk into a police station and ask for someone to talk to me about joining the police and ask for advice for preparation advice for joining, would they help?. Many thanks for any feedback.

    • 7 replies
    • 666 views
    The Large Portion
  8. cul8rm8
    Started by cul8rm8,

    I had my Final interview at Jackton today and failed to reach the required standard. Without going in to too much detail I will try and explain why I made a mess of the whole day. Ok, Here goes. I arrived in good time with about an hour to spare. I booked in at the main reception and was then directed in to the recruiting department's waiting area. About ten minutes before my interview started I, and three others were spoken to by one of the training staff who explained who was interviewing us and how to approach the interview in general. This was a kind of informal chat that seemed to ease our nerves a bit. (at this point, for my own reasons, I don't want to discuss t…

    • 40 replies
    • 2.5k views
  9. sean dempsey
    Started by sean dempsey,

    In the situation where you're living with parents (Who have some debt, and financial issues), will this affect the applicant? My parent has acummulated a fair bit of debt, and has her finances run by a debt management company, and im paranoid that this will stop ME getting this particular job due to possible corruption issues. Sean

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  10. LeicsPolSC
    Started by LeicsPolSC,

    Is there anyone on here who has handed an application pack in and is now waiting results? Say hello!?!

  11. cooper101
    Started by cooper101,

    Hey everyone, I was in the MOD Police some years ago and left to go onto other things. Ive now got itchy feet in my current job and kind of regret leaving the MDP in the first place but hey ho, hind sight is a wonderful thing and I cant turn back the clock. I know that the MDP are not currently recruiting and very unlikely to recruit again this year or even in the near future cos the MOD is skint! lol. And if theyre looking at cutting officer numbers in the force then they aint gona be getting more in! Having said that, MOD police has a big turnover cos many leave to join the 'real' police, blues and twos etc, which isnt always a good move, believe me, thats why Im look…

    • 0 replies
    • 2.5k views
  12. arsenicknight
    Started by arsenicknight,

    On Saturday 13th March 2010 Suffolk will be opening the recruitment line for people wishing to request a new recruit application pack. Website Applications are also open for any current serving officer at the rank of constable, sergeant and inspector wishing to transfer to Suffolk. The deadline for this is Monday 1st March 2010. Website

    • 0 replies
    • 557 views
  13. Partisan_Crip
    Started by Partisan_Crip,

    I am a current serving EP PC and although i have lasted longer than hundreds of my collegues i too have reached my breaking point and I am seriously considering upping my sticks... I seek the advice of ex EP officers who have already transferred. I just want to know how it differs from EP and what the pros/cons are.

  14. mtracerz
    Started by mtracerz,

    Unused SET practice papers 1 & 2 for sale. £12.99 out the shop. Looking for £10 posted. Really worthwhile if you have your SET's coming up. Gave me a lot more confidence. Any interest before I put them on eBay?

  15. pizzahutboy
    Started by pizzahutboy,

    Hey, I have 2 interviews coming up on monday and tuesday, the first is for a internal clerical officer position and the other scenes of crime officer. The clerical officer interview is a 30 mins and says it will consist of; Lady 1 (chair) Lady 2 (head of something) Lady 3 (head of something) Can anyone tell me is that a 3 sum of ladies? Or just the one in the "chair". As a guy i'm feeling quite intimidated. I'm just trying to work out what type of questions they will ask me. Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 356 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.