Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. si23
    Started by si23,

    Hi all, hope you can advise me here. Basically, I am about to send off my application form, however I have one problem. Its the question in regards to the sickness days in the last 3 years. Now my situation means this data will come from my last 3 years at university. That would be fine, apart from the fact that only a small percentage of classes at uni are actually registered. This obviously poses a problem, as I dont know what to put down on the app form. By my calculations, over the last 3 years, there have been 5 different occasions, each 1 day long, where I have been absent. Only 1 of these was actually for sickness though. The other 4 being, pre-arranged me…

  2. Longarm
    Started by Longarm,

    Follow the link below http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/P...s=searchresults Just wondered what the thought was on this little idea?

    • 1 reply
    • 645 views
  3. MarleyBoy
    Started by MarleyBoy * ,

    I am thinking of submitting my application to Strathclyde, but about 18 months ago I was off work with depression for two weeks, it was related to my marriage ending, will this go against me, or will I be asked to see a psychologist or something along those lines? Also, I had a debt management plan in place for about a week, the implications of setting it up where not made clear to me, and when they were I cleared the debt, but it still shows on my credit file. My other debts are being paid and are under control. Does anyone know how this will be viewed? It has been clear for a year. Thanks C

    • 5 replies
    • 378 views
  4. flabber-my-gast
    Started by flabber-my-gast,

    Got my transfer appication for Cheshire today. Anyone give me any pointers. They ask why i want to transfer? Because its closer sounds bit naff. Any ideas?? Also any ideas about interview questions? Thanks in advance!!

    • 2 replies
    • 737 views
    flabber-my-gast
  5. bigyin74
    Started by bigyin74,

    Here's an interesting article with regards to the many police forces putting a freeze on recruitment: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8495756.stm

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. will_doyle
    Started by will_doyle,

    Hi all Since I was quite young I wanted to join the police force, and I still do, I am 18. I am currently at college and am studying Media Studies (A Levels) When I finish in 4 months I want to take a year out and get a part time job in tescos or something to get some money together then go travelling. I don't no wether I should take a course my sister is taking at her college, public services? I hope you lot can help and point me in the right direction. Thanks

    • 13 replies
    • 1.9k views
  7. simon0195
    Started by simon0195 * ,

    Hello, I found out today I have passed my assessment centre, 63% overall. I now have to wait for my final interview can anyone tell me anything about this?

    • 2 replies
    • 555 views
  8. bluesquare1546620552
    Started by bluesquare1546620552,

    I appreciate this has been done to death, but I have done some searches on here for FIR (Fact Implication Resolution) and have found little to help (and it can not search for fewer than 3 letters), and I have read books that use ICED - and I have my assessment date tomorrow and am aware that this seems to have become my weakest link. I know I can write and prepare good quality reports - BUT! I have tried using ICED as a basis (Introduction, Circumstances, Effective interventions, Decision), but in the 20 minutes it takes me a good 7 to understand what has been said, then I go into a blank panic for a couple of minutes, and then start writing. The problem with this is t…

    • 3 replies
    • 364 views
  9. CarlosLFC
    Started by CarlosLFC * ,

    Hi, I'm new to the forum so firstly, hello. My forum topic - I was meant to start on a police training course on September 7th 2009, I won't say which force, but I was not accepted for this due to a road traffic collision I had in a supermarket car park on August 28th 2009. Basically, I was accused of striking another fellas car in a parking space and after nipping in to the store, getting some goods and then driving off, not knowing I had done this so called RTC, I received a visit the following evening from 2 officers. They pointed out that I had damage to my car, yet this was the first I knew about it. I received a phone call some 10 minutes after they left from a…

    • 6 replies
    • 932 views
  10. daddy
    Started by daddy,

    Is there any one on here who is either trying to transfer or rejoin the Met in CCC. I am trying to rejoin and had my interview last Monday, was told i would here this week and heard nothing so far. Help or advice needed please as the time its taking is frustrating me.

    • 2 replies
    • 829 views
  11. dhruti
    Started by dhruti,

    Hello My name is Dhruti Shah and I'm a journalist working for the BBC News website. I hope you don't mind but I'm just on here temporarily to request your help. I'm writing a story about recruitment and police forces in England and Wales and I'm looking for case studies. The main focus of my story is the fact that 2,000 people have been told they will have to wait after the Met deferred successful candidates' start dates until 2011 at the earliest. I'm hoping to speak to anyone who has been affected by this. I'm also looking to speak to anyone in any other part of the UK who has been told their application has been deferred too. My …

  12. TheKLN
    Started by TheKLN,

    Looking for some advice before applying: I've always been interested in joining up, however have an issue that has stopped me applying in the past. In 2007 during an annual rugby tour to Poland i was spiked and got into some trouble. Travelling back to my hotel in a taxi the driver took offence to how drunk i was and short of it was that i was arrested for assualt and destruction of property. I was detained overnight, (my friend was not questioned or detained), questioned, fingerprinted and released. In 2008 i was called to my local police station for interview at the request of the procurator fiscal. I have since heard nothing. I have had no issues with…

    • 1 reply
    • 911 views
  13. firefighter1546620548
    Started by firefighter1546620548,

    Hello just a question as this is my first time applying to any police force. I returned my application form about a week before the deadline and I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me to the usuall timescales, if there is such a thing, untill we are likely to hear anything. I am guessing 3 to 4 weeks but I really dont know. Cheers guys

    firefighter1546620548
  14. brad007
    Started by brad007,

    I'm just wondering if anyone knows when hampshire will next be recruiting PC's. I think it might be this year sometime but not sure when. Any rumours ??? I would value any replies.

  15. scottm78
    Started by scottm78,

    Hello, If you found out around August 21st 09 that you passed your assessment for WMP, just wondering if you have heard anything regarding your medical dates. I have sent a few emails now to my file holder, who to be fair has replied very quickly but unfortunately its the same thing "we are waiting for dates from Occ Health, we'll let you know asap" Maybe im just to eager, but its been 5 months now !! Let me know if you have any news...... Scott

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.