Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. fletch776
    Started by fletch776,

    I have recently got my start sate for the 15th March through and need some info about section housing. At the moment i live in Bournemouth with my girlfriend and her parents and will be wanting to get a place in a section house, 1. Which section house is nearest to Hendon? 2. After the initial 5 weeks at Hendon and move to your chosen borough do u move again to accomerdation closer to your place of work? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 476 views
  2. kojak1889
    Started by kojak1889,

    Hope this is ok to post. My appoligies if not. the question is why have you applied to your chosen force. Am thinking "coz you were close enough and were recruiting" aint gonna cut it! Problem is I would have gone for "my home county....I know the problems.....want my area safer and help with that etc." but I cant as its not my home county, its the neighbour county but only a stones through away (less then 15 miles to the boarder) So does anyone have any suggestions or ideas I could develop as am coming up a bit short right now

    • 1 reply
    • 349 views
    The Large Portion
  3. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    The GMP website still says there 'may' be a hold on recruitment, and that the freeze might be from january, but does anyone have any info on the exact details? If there is a freeze does anyone know when its likely they will recruit again? I have heard some people say around 18 months, does that sound right?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Just applied to merseyside police, I quickly noticed you get alot more room for your competancies answers online than you do by downloading and writing your application. do you think this is unfair ?? On the written application you get 2 lines for 1 sub question, but online you get up to 80 words

    • 4 replies
    • 554 views
    The Large Portion
  5. mtracerz
    Started by mtracerz,

    Just wondering if anyone could either post here, or forward me a link to a list of the competencies. Want to refer to them before I start looking at interview questions. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 358 views
  6. Trouble01
    Started by Trouble01,

    Well, I know that there are alot of us on this site waiting for start dates and thought I would start a general thread for everyone. Might help us all cope with the wait....

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
    tubbymonster1545925594
  7. mtracerz
    Started by mtracerz,

    IS there any way to revise for this? Got my SET and CTT on monday. Think iv prepared for the SET, though not sure if theres anything I can do for the CTT? Also, is it better to dress up for sitting these? Going for grampian by the way. :)

    • 5 replies
    • 298 views
  8. jan80808
    Started by jan80808,

    Just wanna know, if you fail in the recruitment process with the police you have to wait 6 months before you can again to any other force. While that rule apply for the specials?

    • 1 reply
    • 339 views
    alexh1546620200
  9. BIG-AL
    Started by BIG-AL * ,

    hi im new to the forum, i recently got a application for lincolnshire police. i joined the forum looking for some advice/tips ect and must say it has been very helpfull thanks. the problem i have is regarding the attendance criteria form. it requires the last 3 years of sickness absence. "in the last 12 months you must not have no more than 64 hours or 2 occasions of sickness absence" it says if i dont pass the first year then i will be assessed on the previous 2 years. i obtained a record of my sickness from work and unfortunatly i do not pass the criteria in any year as i have had odd days off here and there with sickness!. i would however pass the first year if it …

    The Large Portion
  10. Vixxer
    Started by Vixxer,

    In the section "Please tell us about any other skills you have such as driving and any voluntary or community activities you have been involved with" what is suitable to put here? In my spare time I help to organise meets and events with a local car club. Part of this job involves ensuring the members understand the club rules so not to cause inconvenience to other road users. Would it be suitable to put this here as it demonstrates organisational and leadership skills, or would it create the impression "chav in his car", bearing in mind I've already disclosed I have a section 59 warning? I need to submit this tonight so any help is appreciated.

    • 2 replies
    • 278 views
    The Large Portion
  11. Vixxer
    Started by Vixxer,

    Couple of queeries relating to the disclosure of convictions. I received a S.59 warning last March. Under "result" what should be put? Verbal Warning? I also had a FPN for illegal tints and £30 fine, should this be noted? Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 355 views
  12. amo
    Started by amo,

    i have my medical in 2 days, but i broke my only pair of glasses and will not get a replacement before this time, which i have been told that i need them to pass the test. so basically my question is do i need them or do they have equiment to deal with this? p.s. med's with strathclyde force

    • 2 replies
    • 197 views
  13. rjr
    Started by rjr,

    hey all, got my assessment for northampton on tuesday 17th feb . i am pretty nervous about the day, but have prepared as much as i can i.e. interview and writing techniques such as S.T.A.R. and F.I.R. this will be my second time at A/C but the first one was for WMP and that was when i was 18 and got 45% when the pass rate was at 50% now that i am 22 hopefully i will do well at northamptons A/C (pass rate 60%) just want to know if any one else has there A/C for northants on the same day and how your feeling and preparing fo the day. rob other comment welcome by others also sitting A/C

  14. kojak1889
    Started by kojak1889,

    I am trying to contract my old employer from 2.5 years ago to find out my sickness record. Its the only fly in the ointment there. And there not being the best, saying their faxing it and not etc. So I was thinking. The appy form says last 3 years of sickness but the pack has a note on sickness saying if you have had more then 2 incidents in the last year then tell us about the last 3 years. But I havent been off work sick in the last 2.5 years. So should I put 0 as the last 12 months I havent or put the last 3? Is that something I can phone the recruitment office about without sounding like a fool?

    • 1 reply
    • 523 views
  15. Karen1507
    Started by Karen1507,

    Hi Was wondering if anyone can give me any tips or advice on the final interview for the North Yorkshire force. I have examples to cover the seven behaviours listed but not sure whether I will be marked on these or if they will ask other general questions besides. My fitness test is on the same day! Any help would be much apreciated. Thanks, Karen

    • 17 replies
    • 696 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.