Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. seanG
    Started by seanG,

    Hi, Im just wondering if anyone else has had their application rejected, especially if you applied to GMP. I appliedthan two years ago now. I went through the paper sift, A/C, Interview, fitness, medical... everything. And i passed everything with flying colours. No breathlessness on the run, scored highest in the weights, 80% overall in the A/C and the officer on the interview told me that he has hardly ever passed a 22 yr old before but would be delighted to have me on his force. So everything went through great, I was told I was just waiting for a placement. I went to work for a company in the meantime who required me be police vetted for using the police radi…

  2. Kwulf
    Started by Kwulf,

    I have a prominent scar on my face which some people say it makes me look thuggish. Will this affect the decision made by my interviewers or am i just being neurotic?

    • 0 replies
    • 619 views
  3. 35mm
    Started by 35mm * ,

    I looked up the medical requirements and for mental health they claim to have a "case by case" policy, but that's probably not the truth. My issues were only temporary (PTSD/Adjustment Disorder) so, say I apply when I'm 22 once I'm out of university, and those issues are in the past at age 17, will they make much of a difference? It's also probably down on my medical records that I tried to take my life twice; this isn't the case, but I can why the hospital/GP etc thought so. Will the vetting process fish those out too? Do they have access to GP records? Any help?

    • 1 reply
    • 460 views
  4. kojak1889
    Started by kojak1889,

    Hope this isnt too strange, espcially for my first topic. Am hoping to apply next week to Lincolnshire. Is it odd to live in a different county from where you work? I live in north nottinghamshire and my wife works in derbyshire so we really couldnt move to lincolnshire. Given that question I saw a few posts back that nottinghamshire told a person here that they COULD be recruiting next march/april. Should I hold off in lincoln as you really should live in the same place or go for it as Could, could never happen and its best to go for any viable opportunities when they arrise? Thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 322 views
  5. davluff
    Started by davluff,

    Im confused on who I should put down for my two references on my application form. Surely as I had to put all my employment history down they will contact my employer and ex-employers as standard. So my question is should I be putting someone down who's not a employer or ex-employer but someone who has known me for along period of time but excluding family? Thanks David davluff2010-01-02 13:58:10

    • 5 replies
    • 2.3k views
  6. joe123
    Started by joe123 * ,

    Hey guys, Had a search for this but couldn't seem to find anything. Was shown this by a friend earlier: http://www.guildford.ac.uk/CourseInformati...mp;title=Police Police, Law and Community course at Guildford college. My question is how much would this help regarding recruitment? I'd consider doing it if having it would of course put me ahead of other applicants so what do you guys reckon? Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 5.3k views
  7. Universally_Challenged
    Started by Universally_Challenged,

    A few years a go I saw recorded travelling at 34mph in a 30mph zone and opted to take a Speed Awareness Course instead of paying a fine and received any penalty points. What I am wondering is...has anyone been in a similar situation and had their applicated rejected because of it? Similarly, does this have to be put down on the form under the convictions section, as it details that speeding/motoring offences and convictions must be included? Many Thanks!

  8. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    failed my application to the specials. They said occupational health advised them I would not be fit for the role. Only thing I can imagine it being is I dislocated my shoulder over 2 years ago and had an operation to fix it from happening. The surgeon told me the operation was succesful and that the shoulder would be full repaired and as strong as the other shoulder within a year, and the same chance of it dislocating as the other shoulder in a year. 2 years have passed and my shoulder is 100% recovered and all I have is a tiny scar to show for it, no discomfort and no paint whatsoever. I am absolutly gutted I have failed because of this because I did all I could at the …

    • 0 replies
    • 407 views
  9. hibee1546620559
    Started by hibee1546620559,

    Hi everyone, I'm sitting here - been revising none stop all week - with my initial interview with Fife Constabulary tomorrow morning at 9.30. I dont know whats wrong with me but its fair to say im a tad nervous..... :smiley_vomit: I'm not sure if i've covered most bases ; Why I want to be an officer The landscape and nature of the area to police Brief History of force Local Initiatives / plans - Fife is quite a progressive and innovative force My skills based around the key competencies of a PC Struggling with picking a weakness without it sounding lame or backfiring on me Well, I guess all I can do is revise as much as I can tonight, try and get a good…

  10. AdamO
    Started by AdamO,

    I've just been reading up on the core competencies via this link http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/officers/assessment.html. I noticed that the PDF documents on this page are from the dates "1st November '09 - 31st October '10". Does this hint that there will be a change in the whole Westshire process and the required competencies after 31st October '10 or merely that more up to date documents will be available in the future? A very happy new year to all in advance Adam

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  11. ChrisW123
    Started by ChrisW123,

    OK, my A/C on Wed, prepared but nervous! Just a few Q's regarding the role plays, any help will be fantastic. (This is for WMP, so Westshire centre all the way) 1) Am I right in assuming I am there to tease out as many responses from the actor, not really solve the problem? 2) I am to do with this open Qs, such as "When did you arrive?, Where have you been today?, What did you have with you? How did you get here?" etc? + any other helpful info you could provide would be excellent thank you. An extremely apprehensive, Chris

    • 23 replies
    • 751 views
  12. scottyk
    Started by scottyk,

    Can anyone enlighten me as to what the tasks involve. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 291 views
    Scotia1546081133
  13. ufcundisputed
    Started by ufcundisputed,

    I am gathering all my forms together for my day TWO assessment, on Thursday, but I noticed I did NOT receive a Medical Questionnaire? Will I still be able to take the fitness test? Should I have received one? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 610 views
  14. Universally_Challenged
    Started by Universally_Challenged,

    Does anyone know what a "typical" recruitment department may define "job hopping" as i.e. time frames and so on? Many Thanks and a Happy New Year!

  15. GG75
    Started by GG75,

    Hi to all who read. Can you all tell me how long you had to wait to hear any news back,good or bad, from when you put your application form in to when you get any info back. Cheers G

    hibee1546620559

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.