Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. messedupjoey
    Started by messedupjoey,

    Hi, Unfortunatley after 2 years of going through the recruitment process for Sussex Police I was failed yesterday at my medical for being too severely colourblind. :-( Here is my stats: Application passed in July 2008 with four A's AC passed in October 2008 with 63% Fitness passed in Febuarary 2009, I got 8.9 shuttle run and 73kg for push/pull Went to doctors in march and got all paperwork signed off, went to the optician who filled in the form and said my eyesight was good enough and confirmed I was colourblind but she didn't think I would be rejected. So anyway yesterday in my medical went through everything fine hearing, lung function etc, then sit down with …

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 2k views
    hibee1546620559
  2. kingburn_99
    Started by kingburn_99,

    Just wondering if there is anyone else out there who jumped through hoops for 12 months with Lancashire Constabulary to be told in the end that due to funding my application has been binned. Had done the application form, assessment centre and was awaiting interview. Surely to delay an application is the way to do it, not to simply tell me to COMPLETELY RE-APPLY when they get some funds!? Completely clueless as to what to do. So annoyed

    • 17 replies
    • 2.1k views
    The Large Portion
  3. Mikester1545925594
    Started by Mikester1545925594,

    Start on the 14th December. Been placed in Harlow ( i live in colchester) Anyone else get their good news today?

  4. carlospf02
    Started by carlospf02,

    Hello, and firstly im sorry if i have not posted this topic correctly, but im new so please let me off :). My question is relating to the eye exam, i do wear glasses but have pretty decent vision without them, however my left eye is very weak indeed, if i were to shut my right eye i would not be able to read the text on the screen now without my glasses. So does anyone know if the person checking ones eyes checks both the left then the right independently, or is it a case of read this without then with the glasses, as my aided vision with both eyes together is 6/5 which i know is a pass, but left eye on its own is only 6/20 which isnt all that good. Any information is…

    • 0 replies
    • 727 views
  5. twistywizard
    Started by twistywizard,

    As per title. Anyone heard from Dorset yet, they mentioned we should find out at the beginning of December. This was for recruitment drive around September time.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
    bluesquare1546620552
  6. kls9115
    Started by kls9115,

    Hi all, i have my medical and fitness arranged soon. I had a operation when I was really young on my hip and I have a little bit of arthritis in it. This does not stop me doing anything, including sport. Although I did go to the doctors regarding this issue 2 years ago and got diagnosed with arthritis. I am worried this will affect me getting through the medical test?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> Any one got any advice? Would be much appreciated. Thanks

  7. caz82
    Started by caz82,

    Can anyone who is doing the job tell me how much you walk away with each month. I can work out the average amount after tax but I'm not sure of all the pension deductions etc For eg starting salary £22,104, £24,675 after basic training and £26,109 after probabtion. (This is for Stratchlyde) Thanks

  8. Green-Monkey
    Started by Green-Monkey,

    I have just missed out on the PCSO Recruitment drive for January in Cheshire. Does anyone know when the next one is likely to be please? I know that speed is of the essence once the vacancy goes live

  9. ChrisW123
    Started by ChrisW123,

    In the feedback form you get regarding the assessment centre, is it scored in terms of Activity, ie: Role plays C Written B Interview B etc Or do they just jot up the competency areas, like they did in the application forms feedback, ie: Respect for diversity B Team work A etc.. If its the latter I may have a chance... Please help! Thanks, A very tired Chris

    • 2 replies
    • 409 views
  10. Mikester1545925594
    Started by Mikester1545925594,

    Anyone else getting a bit excited?

  11. Schmoo
    Started by Schmoo,

    Hi, I recently phoned the application helpline to put myself out of my misery but I think I've made it worse. I was part of the August campaign and got the letter to say telling me it could take 2yrs if I was successful. I ticked the box and sent it off. That was Sept then I started to read on this forum some of the people from the August campaign started getting there DAY 1 dates. (By the way congrates to those of you that got your DAY 1 hope everything went OK) The dates from what I can see were 20th and 22nd Oct. Those days came and went so I thought I hadn't got in but my sense of pride got the better of me so as I said I called the helpline. They have told me my appl…

  12. scottyk
    Started by scottyk,

    Any help to get through these gruelling two days? Anyone else going? Scott.

    • 1 reply
    • 304 views
  13. GG75
    Started by GG75,

    Hi everyone, I just joined last night, my name is Gordon. I also sent my application form on-line tonight about an hour ago, feeling both excited and nervous. Could anyone tell me roughly how long before i hear back from the recruitment division, if at all haha, fingers X'd. Or is there a topic already covering the process i can look at. If anyone could spare 5mins and have a look at my application i can send it on to them and any feed back, good or bad, would be much appreciated. Thanks Gordy

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. GG75
    Started by GG75,

    can anyone give me an idea when the financial checks are made in the application process. I know i'm asking a lot of basic Q's but this CCJ hassle i have is starting to worry me a bit Thanks in advance Gordy

    • 2 replies
    • 691 views
  15. Drummer01
    Started by Drummer01,

    Another question for people... Special Branch is an area I would be particularly interested in moving into in the future. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way of moving into that area...i.e. how best should I plan my route? Should I voice my interest early on in any way? And is there any specific I can do to help shape my early police career towards that side of things? Thanks for any suggestions - much appreciated.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.