Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Simon09
    Started by Simon09,

    Hello, I'm trying to find out what the medical involves without too much luck; though I think you can guess most of it. My question is, another website (men's health) says your bmi has to be under 30. Is this right? Mine is 32 approx at the minute, but I guess 2 points shouldn't be too difficult to move. I think the rest must be; Drug test Eyesight test Hearing test . . .

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  2. whiteline
    Started by whiteline,

    Anyone else going? Has anyone thats been got any tips for the 2 days?

    • 1 reply
    • 225 views
  3. sleemark2938
    Started by sleemark2938,

    Hello all, I am currently waiting for a start date to come through to join Derbyshire Constabulary and I understand that getting in in the first place is the main concern. Was just curious as to find out once you are in how easy or difficult it is to become a firearms officer as I have always wantd to do this. Is there a much bigger opportunity in the met and do they normally just recruit ex military? Any advice appreciated, Mark

  4. ESPC
    Started by ESPC,

    hi all, I have applied to strathclyde police and have my set/fitness on sunday. I have an appointment at my local station this evening and was wondering if any1 could give me advice as to what sort of questions I should ask? cheers x

    • 2 replies
    • 749 views
  5. kdude
    Started by kdude,

    Was just wondering if anyone here had their Met A/C day on 23rd Oct. I just got my results today and I passed with 59% I am so happy-I really thought I had failed-especially in the interview part where I gave my teamwork answer for the problem solving question-I can laugh about it now!! Anyway if anyone was on the same A/C day as me I would love to know how you got on. Thanks to everyone on this site who have posted really helpful tips-I am most grateful. Kath x

  6. danb11
    Started by danb11,

    Dear all, After passing the A/C, I have now been informed that I have a Physical test and an interview. They give no indication on what's going to be involved i the interview other than it's structured and with apanel of 2 people. Can anyone give me any idea on what's involved? Thanks Dan

  7. crink
    Started by crink,

    I have been reading quite a few posts on tattoos and being able to wear long sleeves to cover them but, Whilst contacting HE on the phone i was informed that it is not acceptable for that to happen in the Civil Nuclear Police. I hope that the answer was in some way misleading as i have handed my application form in believing they would be acceptable if they were covered, as a lot of forces seem to say. My tattoos are in no way insensitive to any group or minority, sex etc but are down both forearms. Can anyone bring a little insight to my question. Thanks, Chris.

    • 0 replies
    • 513 views
  8. BIG SCOUSE
    Started by BIG SCOUSE * ,

    Hi, I am new here so forgive me is this isn't in the right place ! I am wondering if any of you know how often Merseyside Police recruit? I sent them an email asking the same but they said that I should just check the website at regular intervals to see when they are. Also I would be grateful for an insight into their recruitment process, thanks in advance.

    • 2 replies
    • 782 views
  9. kieran 87
    Started by kieran 87 * ,

    i am doing my assessment in the next few weeks. can any one remember any scenarious that may help me on the day

  10. Triston
    Started by Triston,

    Hi to everyone, I passed the assesment centre back in august and I am now waiting for dates for my fitness. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a final interview with city of london force or if it is just the fitness, medical and checks left for me to go. Any advice would be appreciated.

  11. spurs_pc
    Started by spurs_pc,

    I am coming to the end of my probation with the MOD police and want to transfer as I am not currently carrying out any 'normal' policing duties and the job I am doing is not what I signed up to do. I completely understand the necessity for the MOD but I still want to be a police officer. I have spoken to TVP and they are sending me a transferee pack to start filling in. my problem is I really haven’t done ANY 'normal' policing duties like forms or arrests!! I am worried that if I get to an interview stage that obviously this will go against me. I have continually studied whilst at station just not put any of it into practice, except for on a two week CID detachment. h…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.3k views
  12. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    ive recently failed my pcso application on the conpetancies section , i got grades CCB. ive just bought a cd how2become a pcso , one of the samples they give you for the questions is so similar to mine its unbeliveable , although thiers is worded alot beter an goes into more detail . i heared today that 25 applications for gwent police got binned because they copied the answers from the how2become police officer cd . im now getting really worried that if i make my answer beter which i have to , they mite think that i have copied it from the cd when i definatley have not and my application will get declined , anyone give me some advice ?

    • 1 reply
    • 555 views
  13. ESPC
    Started by ESPC,

    I have my set/fitness on 29th nov .could any1 tell me if they take your heart rate at all after the mile and a half run or bleep test to ensure you are working within the desired heart rate range?

    • 1 reply
    • 267 views
    Scotia1546081133
  14. NJenkins
    Started by NJenkins,

    I've just sent my application away for Fife Constabulary through the new shared recruitment scheme and was wondering if anyone else has done so too and heard back. I sent my application away near enough 2 weeks ago and i'm nervously waiting for a response. Has anyone yet taken part in the new 2 day Assessment Centre at Tulliallan? How did you find it? And do you have any advice for training etc and what to expect?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.7k views
    hibee1546620559
  15. placebo2110
    Started by placebo2110,

    I live in Scotland. I experimented with cannabis 15 years ago. I was caught in possession with 1 gram and 2 C.I.D came to my house and spoke to me. I was never charged or cautioned and heard nothing else. I would now like to apply to the force but I am worried where I stand. I have recently obtained my full disclosure check and the subject access data request and there is nothing in any forms about a caution or warning about any drug issue. Does this mean that it is not on any files or systems? Can someone please help?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.