Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. chopperuk72
    Started by chopperuk72,

    Folks, There is no point ringing Essex to find out when you will recieve a start date, as it appears different people get different answers, depending on who you speak to. I know it is a right pain in the a*** but you are going to have to bear with it and sit and wait. It is very frustrating and very hard to plan ahead not knowing if and when we will receive a date but unfortunately, unless you want to jack they hold all the cards and we will all have to wait and see when they will play them.

  2. djmf12
    Started by djmf12 * ,

    Hello all, I'm Dan, and i would love to have some information on the specials and CNC! Basically i have previoulsy applied to Kent and Essex police at the young age of 18 and was not succesful. applied to the met and got through to the exams to which i scored highly yet still didnt get through to stage 3! I'm now debating either to apply for the CNC or join the specials, become a full police officer and then eventually become a full paid police officer! obvioulsy its easier said than done! i have my heart set on a career with th police and would love some feedback from officers of the CNC and the specials!! thank you

    • 2 replies
    • 604 views
  3. plum64_uk
    Started by plum64_uk,

    Hi Everyone, My name is Rich, pleased to meet you all :) I've wanted to join the Police for a very long time now, but only in the past 4 months have I been really researching into this. After consulting some of my family and friends already in the Police I have decided to make this my ambition and career. However recently this dream was somewhat shot down. Given the current economic climate and, from what I can tell, a large recruitment drive back in January 2009, there are no openings for the Police at the moment, pretty much nationally!! I was wondering if someone here would be kind enough to shed some light on this situation. I'm incredibly keen to join. I'm 25 (2…

    bristol bouncer
  4. caz82

    Posted this in the general section but thought it might be best here...... I think this is probably a Scottish run course with similar down south, but has anyone that has did this course found it useful? I applied to do this part time (2 nights a week 7pm til 9:30pm for 10 weeks) at a cost of £270 at my local college but there wasn't enough interest for the January start date. The September one is going ahead though and not sure if it's worth holding off applying until I've competed this?

    • 18 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. ACJMY2K
    Started by ACJMY2K,

    I presume all the forces are going to have this problem, but my application to GMP is now on hold due to reduced staff turnover due to the economic climate..... Anyone know if any forces are taking transfers? Not really bothered where as I will move...... I have passed my A/C was just waiting for a final interview date. Had a look at Derbyshire and Cheshire it appears they are in the same situation

  6. freddyjason13
    Started by freddyjason13,

    should i have had a medical by now. seems like alot of people around this date have had their medicals. i dont even have a date yet. more waiting!!!freddyjason132009-08-30 22:58:44

  7. BIG DUNC
    Started by BIG DUNC,

    I PASSED MY DAY1 IN MAY,PASSED DAY 2 IN JUNE.HAD MY MEDICAL IN JUNE AND PASSED ,AND WAS TOLD YESTERDAY I WONT START FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS.HOW CAN THIS BE.ANY THING COULD HAPPEN TO YOU IN THE NEXT TWO YEARS,MY HEALTH COULD GO DOWN HILL.WILL WE HAVE TO DO A DAY2 AGAIN AND HAVE ANOTHER MEDICAL.IT ALL COSTS MONEY.

  8. dominiquekhonje
    Started by dominiquekhonje,

    Hello All, I just wanted to know if anyone is joining Merseyside Police in November, I am really excited and dont know what to expect. Just wanted to know if anyone is out there????

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  9. bk2006
    Started by bk2006,

    Hello, I hope I am not bugging anyone by posting here but I would like to ask WHAT IS STAGE ONE in applying to become a MET police officer? - How does one apply? / Get an applicants form? I Imagen its bustling with applicants. I am just shy of 18 1/2 which I believe is the required age. I am looking to apply as soon as possible - probably in 2010. I wonder if anyone could drop me some details on how to get started and what to expect in the initial stages. I have read sooooooo much I am starting to panic lol. All help is appreciated greatly!! Thank You, Ben bk20062009-11-02 02:11:21

  10. Danoni1546620394
    Started by Danoni1546620394,

    Good evening reader, I am trying to apply for TVP Special Constabulary, and am having to go through a site called E-Recruit (sorry if that has been talked a lot of before but a quick search of the forum didn't throw anything detailed up). I'm struggling to fill out a few sections and wondered if anyone else has had the same issues and if they've found a resolution for it. I've emailed the e-recruit address found in the Specials application guidance pdf but with it being a weekend not sure if I'll get a quick response. Issues I'm having are: When trying to fill out education details it won't accept me typing the name of my college, and when searching in the prompt …

    Danoni1546620394
  11. AmyPiggott
    Started by AmyPiggott,

    Hi everyone! I have my final interview for Fife constabulary on Weds and i was wondering if anyone had any last minute tips for me? I would really appreciate the help! Amy

    Scotia1546081133
  12. Adam9991546081164
    Started by Adam9991546081164,

    I got to the question asking for my passport number, managed to dig it out and checked and just noticed my birth date is a month out, never noticed this before as i've never used this passport, will this be a problem on my application as my passport date dosn't match my birth date??

    • 8 replies
    • 589 views
    Adam9991546081164
  13. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi All. I'm just filling some vetting forms for Police Special. I'm just wondering whether to delcare something. I received a fine from DVLA for not renewing my road tax disc (For the record I had no reason to renew the tax disc as i had sold the car, however as the log book was still in my name, I told DVLA upon receiving a fine I had sent the newe keepers form off but had not recieved a my new log book. I was told its my responsibility).

    • 2 replies
    • 734 views
  14. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    Hi, I received the 'full until April' letter yesterday, and I was just wondering when it's likely I'll receive a provisional start date? How long was it for yours? Thanks in advance. Fi

    • 2 replies
    • 470 views
  15. Sanderson
    Started by Sanderson,

    Hi, Have passed the interviews and had the fitness/medical last week for Avon and Somerset... just wondered if anyone else had heard anything back yet because of the postal strike and all that? I'm still waiting. J

    • 1 reply
    • 613 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.