Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. StephD
    Started by StephD,

    Hi guys, I have successfully passed my vetting wahay!! although I had to call Scotland yard to find out this info. Is it me or are the people who man the phones for the Met a tad s l o w! I called them after my phone call to Scotland yard and the guy on the other end just said that there is a backlog. Fair enough, i know that already but he couldn't even confirm that it had passed and just advised I will be contacted next year. What gets me wondering is, what about all the people who are at the vetting stage and are still tying themselves into knots over whether or not it has gone through successfully. Probably like me all you guys want is a bit of clarificati…

  2. Trouble01
    Started by Trouble01,

    Hi, I have just sucessfully completed my bleep test, and was wondering if anyone could help me regarding the vetting procedure for police staff. I have worked with the Met for almost six years and to go through vetting when I joined as a PCSO. Is the vetting procedure the same for a PC as a PCSO? and does anyone know how long it takes for someone who already works for police? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    • 7 replies
    • 876 views
  3. nickymc
    Started by nickymc * ,

    I'm having a bit of a panic over the fitness test - I applied to Strathclyde, thinking I'd have ages to train going by most stories, and only started running then. I have asthma, and I've never been able to run without my lungs giving up on me, but I figured we all have to start somewhere. I couldn't even run for 30 seconds. Then, just a week later, I got my date through - November 14th. That was last week - I've been running every day, I can now do 1.5 miles in 17 minutes.... which is a miracle for me, but at the same time, I just don't know how I'm going to manage to get up to standard by the 14th. Plus, if it's not the 1.5 mile run I get, I might be a bit screwed, a…

    • 2 replies
    • 303 views
  4. jadunlop
    Started by jadunlop,

    Hi there, just a quick (silly) question. After filling in my application form I re-read the important information sheet and it states 'delete sections which are not applicable'. I then for some reason started to score out in pen, all the blank sections that I have no need to fill in. Now I'm thinking that I should have just have left them blank, or am I just being stupid? I don't know if they get scanned in or something else. Will I just print out new pages and leave them blank? Regards Jim

    • 4 replies
    • 721 views
  5. u04hb5
    Started by u04hb5,

    Hi guys So i sent my application off on tuesday and got offered to go to an assesment day on the wednesday!!!! I am pretty fit as i am a runner so the run or the bleep test will be a doddle, however my arm strength is not so good!!! What do they make you do for a strength test??? I only have 2 weeks to ttry and get a gun show so any help would be fantastic!!!

  6. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    Hi all, woke up this morning with a heavy chest, tickly throat, bit of a cough and just felt crap! Been dosing up on vit C all day, something I take every day anyway, but just feel really knackered and crap still. I have my fitness next week, and wanted to get to the gym tonight( i wont physically make it ...)do I leave my fitness date as it is, and chance good health, or call and make another date to be safe rather than sorry? What would you do ?? Thanks in advance. Fi.

    • 4 replies
    • 243 views
  7. The Large Portion
    Started by The Large Portion,

    All in the title really. I'm really interested to hear how many attempts it took you to get in. With this being my first time, I must admit I'll be pretty disappointed not to get in, but everything I've heard so far means that the stats are not in my favour. Even when I went out with serving officers last week, two of them admitted to it taking three times or more to get in! So what's the news folks? How many times did it take you to get into the police, or how many attempts have you failed at?

  8. Gooner1988
    Started by Gooner1988,

    From what i've gathered. The Police are full, just like the Armed Forces. I'm assuming this is all thanks to the recession. Just my luck I get to the point of my life where I want to get my career sorted and something like this happens! I'm 20 years old (21 in December). I've been a barman in Newquay for 2 years and now i'm looking to join the Police. I'm off to Israel for 6 months in 3 weeks. When I get back i'm hoping to get stuck into applying for the Police. But something tells me the chances of me actually getting even the chance to apply are very thin! How many times a year does a force usually recruit? I hear the Government have cut the budget for next year, so t…

  9. jacko6686
    Started by jacko6686,

    Hey guys. Does anyone know what the A/C pass marks are for West yorkshire and Hampshire police?, and do they have final interviews?

    • 2 replies
    • 225 views
  10. Springbok
    Started by Springbok,

    ... Springbok2009-10-16 18:35:02

  11. whitti
    Started by whitti,

    Hi guys, I run and own a full time martial arts centre / club which is a limited company, so it is classed as a business that I own. I want to become a police officer as the money is up and down when it comes to teaching martial arts and not good if I want to have kids and have a steady income. I would like to down size the club and have other people that can teach for me when I will be working as a police man. I am even looking at changing the business from 'limited' to a 'sports and community club' which may make a difference. Will this affect me getting in do you think? I will do whatever needed to get in the force, but won't to prepare for problem now :) …

  12. brad01
    Started by brad01,

    Hi all, Unfortunately i was informed that i was unsuccessfull in my final interview "GUTTED". The letter i recieved detailed that some forces may accept my assessment centre results. Does anyone know of any forces which are currently recruiting or are likely to recruit in the near future? Any info would be most appreciated Cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 554 views
  13. GeneralGinger
    Started by GeneralGinger,

    http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailjob....mp;j=NOS/116753 Personaly im not interested yet but im sure if it is lagit it will be interesting to some of you wanting to get applying.

    • 0 replies
    • 519 views
  14. swanny
    Started by swanny,

    Hi all, I've just recieved my pack for day1! Anyone else had this news yet? This is my first application so any tips on preparation would be kindly recieved.

  15. whiteline
    Started by whiteline,

    During the 15 weeks initial training can you commute or is the residential a compusory condition? If it is compulsory, is it only at weekends you get to leave campus? i.e., training is every Mon-Fri?

    • 1 reply
    • 542 views
    hibee1546620559

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.