Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. kirstie12345
    Started by kirstie12345 * ,

    Not sure if this question has already been asked but i'm wondering if the section housing already supplies equipment such iron, kettle, microwave, pans, crokery, etc. Would be great if someone could let me know! :-) thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 358 views
  2. Snooky
    Started by Snooky * ,

    Hi everyone, After completing the assessment day with Hampshire I transferred my application to the BTP and completed a medical and fitness test in February of this year. I haven't been given a start date as of yet and have been told the next intake is in January 2010. Is anyone else in the same position? Can anyone tell me how long I'm likely to wait?

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  3. Nine
    Started by Nine,

    Who else is comming?

  4. MandHM
    Started by MandHM,

    I have my interview on the 25th October and my fitness on the 30th? If I pass those my medical stuff sometime in Nov. If I get through all this what time scale am I looking at to actually start training?? Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Cheers!

    • 1 reply
    • 354 views
  5. dpoole07
    Started by dpoole07,

    Can anybody tell me at what stage the financial checks are completed? Got a phone call from vetting to tell me that they had passed my file as successful...does that mean credit checks etc have come through okay?

    • 5 replies
    • 886 views
    jp2uk1546620308
  6. kevin85
    Started by kevin85,

    i am pcso at the moment and gave up all hope of getting start date this year and early next. suddenly i get a call from recruitment only the other day giving me a start date of november 16th 2009....has anyone else had anything similar....couldnt believe my luck.... hang in there people there is still hope for a nearby date....has this happened to any other pcso's....if not it may b a general thing ...rather than an internal thing kevin

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  7. glos_met
    Started by glos_met,

    I transferred my application over to the Met in February last year, and passed my fitness and medical on 2nd July 2009. Yesterday I received a letter saying that the Met no longer require anymore applicants for the next two years! Has anyone else had this? As I have already transferred my application once, I am unsure as to whether or not I can transfer it again to another force? Thanks

    bristol bouncer
  8. LeicsPolSC
    Started by LeicsPolSC,

    Hello, [The title should be probationary officers - I haven't yet worked out how to edit the title!] I am doing my best to try and find out exactly what the two year probationary period entails. If anyone can post anything on here, for example; a normal days work as a probation officer, I would be interested to read about it. Anything else about the duties you carry out would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time

  9. NHKG187
    Started by NHKG187,

    Hey guys, Just wondered if their is anyone else out their that attended the Met Police A/C at Hendon on the 25th September 09 OR anyone else that has recently attended the recruit centre at Hendon Nick

  10. gems1984
    Started by gems1984,

    Hi, I apologise if there is already a topic covering this but after searching I struggled to find one that was relevant! Like a lot of people on here I am waiting for references to be sent out and a start date to be given for the Met and rather than tearing my hair out I was hoping to use the time to prepare myself! I was wondering if anyone had any advice on reading materials?! I was recommended to read PACE but i struggled to find a downloadable version, any advice would be much appreciated!

    • 3 replies
    • 515 views
  11. claire688
    Started by claire688,

    Hi, Is there anyone on here who has any advice about the medical? I have just got through the application sift and waiting for the a/c weekend. However i have just injured my knee and will be undergoing surgery in the next few weeks. I am hoping that i will be up and running before the medical but it depends on how long the process takes. Does anyone know whether this will be a big issue and if it will have an impact on my application?? Any advice welcome Thanks :)

    • 2 replies
    • 196 views
  12. po64423y
    Started by po64423y,

    Hey chaps, A tad confused (its that time of the month again) with the PIRT and Assessment centre business.... Prob a stupid question, but the Metropolitan Police website makes no mention of the PIRT test. Is it included on the DAY 1 Assessment centre, or is it completely seperate? Below is what the Met Police website says DAY 1 consists of.... is the the PIRT test? A 20-minute structured interview A 12-minute numerical reasoning test A 25-minute verbal logical reasoning test Two written exercises Four 5-minute interactive role-play scenarios. Cheers...

    • 1 reply
    • 266 views
  13. scottm78
    Started by scottm78,

    Hello, Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet..... Attended the AC at Lloyd House on 5th August 09 and found out that I passed on the 21st August. Received some confirmation that my references have been contacted and the background checks are in progress. I know it can take a while but would like to know if anyone has heard anything else yet regarding the next stage ie Medical Look forward to hearing from you Scott

    • 4 replies
    • 475 views
  14. Its_A_Beautiful_Day
    Started by Its_A_Beautiful_Day,

    Hi All :) I've passed papersift with TVP, although I live in Cornwall. I'm expecting an assesment date in Dec. I really wanted to get on a talking Blues course, but since I told my manager I wanted to go on a course, he's bein very difficult about time off, vague beyond reason.... He even rotered me in for a date I said I needed to be free, because he "felt it was unfair I had 2 saturdays off". This is teh store manager btw, so not a huge amount I can do about it...and I will be needing his work reference later in the application process. Because I am so far down in cornwall, I need a day to travel, which it seems unlikely I will get. I also looked at the one to one t…

    • 3 replies
    • 676 views
  15. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    Hello I just wanted to know what is required for your file to be complete? I am guessing its Medical Vetting References???? Is the fitness test also part of the file?? what else is there???

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.