Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
I have my initial interview on the 2nd November in Jackton and I was wondering if there are any mums out there that can offer any advice. I am really keen to persue my dream of being a police officer but my only downside is the 15 weeks away at Tulliallan. I have two youngsters at 7 and 3 and I know I will miss them terribly. Anyone been in this situation that can offer any words of encouragement?
-
Hey folks! Last year when i had my fitness i had to change the date, because i was working and couldnt get it off; and the rec. Dept. Were very helpful in changing it! This year though, they were pretty pissy. And said i can only sit it once more ;s Does this mean im going to get this put against me? Some say it may seem as if i have commitment or dedication issues :s i mean, i only got two weeks notice, and i already had flights booked to essex and couldnt change em :s
-
God I am so stressed out right now. Its like I'm talking myself into failing my fitness test tomorrow. :-( First I was scared of the bleep test. Then the push pull test. Now, I'm worrying about the bmi test. Just done mine and its 30.5. :-/ Fitness is at 3pm tomorrow. There's no time left to get it down. Gaaaah.
-
I have passed my day 1 which was on the 22nd September and have been given a date for my day 2 medical which is the 26th October and was just wondering: 1) How hard is the fitness test - I was an ex- Team GB marathon runner untill last year. 2) What happens after the JRFT do we find out that day if we pass or is it another 3-4 weeks to find out if we have got a start date? 3) Did anyone else who has attended the Met AC get a date of there Day 2 on there "Medical History Questionnaire" written in pencil on the top of the page like I did? Cheers
-
- 8 replies
- 1.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I'm due to Start at Hendon mid November. Where is the best place to stay. I've heard Finchley is the nearest section house. How do I go about finding out about available rooms and costing?
-
Does anyone know What the current pass mark is for Devon and cornwall. I know it was 60% but loads of people are saying it has been lowered to 50%. I want to know what it is at the moment, which will affect those who have just done the assessment on 10/11th oct 2009.
-
I'd like to know the following info please chaps :) 1) What means do they contact references? Phone/Email/Letter 2) What things do they tend to ask? Actual Q's 3) Is it hard to fail at the reference stage? 4) What if only 1 reference manages to get back (say if the other was on hols?) Any help would be fantastic, thanks! Take care all Chris
-
Hello, has anyone heard anything back from essex yet? I applied in early oct 2008 and am yet to hear anything back. Cheers
-
- 18 replies
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, i'm new to this forum, my name is Toddy. I want to join the police force, as a Police officer and been on the mets website, saying that they are not recruting atm. I was wondering, is there any other routes i can take to apply?? I'm 36 if that makes a difference Any feedback would be great Sorry if there has been a thread like this before. Thankyou Toddy O beers on me if your off duty
-
- 10 replies
- 973 views
- 1 follower
-
-
If any of you don't live too far from the border, have passed your assessment centre and don't want to wait two years then have a look at this: http://www.surrey.police.uk/careers/careers_officer.asp Surrey Police is currently looking to recruit a limited number of Police Officers to join us early in 2010. You would need to be holding a current National Recruitment Selection pass certificate. We will accept a 50% pass mark, and you need to e-mail resourcing@surrey.pnn.police.uk with your contact details by 5pm Friday 23rd October. You will then receive communication around timescales and future stages of entry (in compliance with our vetting procedures).
-
- 0 replies
- 556 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I'm new here so I guess the polite thing would be to introduce myself! I'm a 23 year old ex military policeman, now plain clothes security person who’s at the start of what sounds like a very long and frustrating process. The process in question being... yes you guessed it, the police application process!!! I've not yet even started my application as I'm waiting for recruitment to open again but from what I've seen on this forum I don’t think that’s likely to happen this year now! (Trying to apply to the Met) and frustratingly still I can’t even be a special because of my job. I've applied to be a PCSO so that I can get my foot in the door so to speak b…
-
(Sorry I posted this in another forum mods, you can delete it since i put it in the wrong section awful, I know.) I'd like to know the following info please chaps or chapettes :) 1) What means do they contact references? Phone/Email/Letter 2) What things do they tend to ask? Actual Q's 3) Is it hard to fail at the reference stage? 4) What if only 1 reference manages to get back (say if the other was on hols?) Any help would be fantastic, thanks! Take care all Chris
-
I recently found out that I failed my A/C but when can I re apply? I applied for Merpol in July 2009, so does the 6 month rule apply from July or when I failed my application which was October 2009?? Thanks for ay responses
-
Hi all, I have just been informed in writing that my application has been terminated due to vetting. Having phone them up they did not give much information away but my brother has some convictions and some outstanding charges against him but he doesn't reside with me but lives locally. I believe the verdict was harsh and unjustified, therefore will definetely challenge it and hope for the best. Can someone tell me how likely is it that the appeal will be overturned and your experiences so far regading people who have been the same position as me. Obviously I am shocked and can't believe the decision. Any words, advice, suggestions and encouragemnt would be highly …
-
Hi, Sgt looking to transfer to Kent police. Can anyone give me the low down of good places to work and bad places. Will be moving to the Thanet area so hope to be working near there. Thanks
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-