Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. andrew_jm
    Started by andrew_jm,

    Hi guys and girls are there any stafford based officers looking at this? due to settling down with the girl of my dreams we are gonna move back up to the midlands, staffs are recruiting at the mo and have my papers just wanted views from ppl working there already.

    • 0 replies
    • 544 views
  2. kirstym
    Started by kirstym * ,

    Hi, Im new to this forum. I am currently in University studying Criminology. The reason I am asking about Youth Offending Officer is because I dont know whether I would need a degree to become part of the Youth Offending Team. Is it true, that I would need an NVQ Levels 3 and 4, and be registered with Care Council in Wales (as I am from Wales), is this correct? The reason I am asking this is because I wanted to be in the police force since I was quite a young age, so I decided to do Criminology in University, looking at becoming non-uniformed officers in the police. After thinking hard, Im not sure whether I want to do this, or become a Youth Offender. I want to do som…

    • 3 replies
    • 2.2k views
  3. Lee.S1546620511
    Started by Lee.S1546620511,

    Hi, I understand that an Eyesight test is needed with and without Lenses in, however, I have a problem that I have Astigmatism in both eyes, so when I take my Contact lenses out I can barely see a meter in front of me, and I understand that there is a set distance you have to see without being aided, and I'm worried that I will get rejected when I take my lenses out, Do you think that if I tell them I have Astigmatism I can be passed on the Medical, or do you think that they will suggest that I have Laser Eye Surgery to change it then come back in 6 months time?

    • 4 replies
    • 689 views
  4. kvyas123
    Started by kvyas123,

    Hi people, I want to know, has anyone had Corneal Laceration? as i had an operation on my cornea 2 years ago which was successfully cured. I know that corneal graft or other laser surgery can be a problem of getting rejected. I just want to know if anyone out their knows of this kind of surgery and if i am ok. As i have completed my medical and pre-joining fitness test. Kabz

    • 0 replies
    • 170 views
  5. mikeyhall
    Started by mikeyhall,

    Hey all, I've got my A/C on friday for merseyside and am starting to worry a bit. I've been reading through the info sent to me and done a lot of probing past posts on this forum and come across a few things that i'm not sure about. 1. Where are the clues for the competency questions in the westshire pack? maybe i'm panicking a bit and just can't see for looking. 2. In the written exercises how important is the structure of it compaired to the content? is there a particular structure that works better than others? 3. Am I right in thinking that you can take notes into the role play with you? Do you have to take notes during the roleplay? 4. Are there any other clues…

    • 9 replies
    • 999 views
  6. g_gallacher_1
    Started by g_gallacher_1,

    Hello, I am in the process of filling out my Police Officer application form for Scotland. I do not have any contact with my family (4 years to be exact) and have no future plans to do so, do i add all this to my application? I will be entering all of their details but was wondering if i have to mention i have no contact with them. Am i looking into this to much? Has anybody been in the same position. I would be grateful for any advice Many Thanks G

    • 4 replies
    • 570 views
    Scotia1546081133
  7. WannabePC4
    Started by WannabePC4,

    Week 1 Day 1 Went to the classroom for 9:30 and met everyone in my group. I was surprised at how the classroom was set out, not like your traditional classroom where there are decks lined up. The seats are arranged in a semicircle around the room and the trainers sit at the front. Everybody thought it was just for day 1 but we were told that this was how we were going to be taught for the next 24 weeks. I prefer this as it’s a more relaxed way of learning, our walls are lime green and after 10minutes in the class I start to wonder if I should be wearing my sunglasses to classes. We met our trainers who all have policing experience and lots of stories to tell us, w…

  8. runningman1
    Started by runningman1,

    I am currently a county ARV officer, I am very interested in trabsferring to MET ARV's. Anybody know if they will be externally recruiting. Also any MET ARV officers out there:how busy are you?? Is it a fight t get to jobs with the number of cars you have?

    • 11 replies
    • 2.9k views
  9. KiftyGTI6
    Started by KiftyGTI6,

    Just been told that I am defered to get my Sinus problem sorted. I am gutted. Didn't think it would be a problem however, they said as I was still under the care of a consultant and I may need an op to sort it. I would not be able to continue until this is sorted. Gotta see a specialist now on Dec 2nd guna look at getting this done private. As we no the good old NHS takes forever. Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuted.

    • 2 replies
    • 490 views
  10. Trouble01
    Started by Trouble01,

    I would just like to say a huge thankyou to all those posters on here who offered encouragement. I took my beep test today and passed!!! Now for the waiting game, and judging by what a colleague told me today it could be as long as 2012!!! Ahh well, at least the hard stuff is over...for now anyway...THANKS AGAIN.

    • 13 replies
    • 559 views
  11. JamieCon
    Started by JamieCon,

    Hi everyone My first post on here. Just thought i would let everyone know that im bricking it for my AC :smiley_vomit: Just wondered if anyone else has the same date/location for theirs? I have my book at the ready and i have been looking at lots of posts from this website all morning! Jamie

  12. Rosie220
    Started by Rosie220,

    Hi, I passed my final interview way back in February but as I'm getting married in August my start date was postponed till October. Just wondered if anyone else is starting then? If so, say 'hello!' Rosie

  13. AdamO
    Started by AdamO,

    Afternoon all. OK, so I'm set upon the Police as a career - this is the job I want to do. However I don't plan on rushing into an application at 18 and being rejected, I plan on trying my absolute best to get in first time, and if not then I will try, try, try till I am accepted. In these times, the recession won't be much better by the time I turn 18 next year, and as a bit of a backup I plan to go to University to study. I find education interesting, so it won't be a waste of time, I genuinely would enjoy University study. My main issue is what degree to study, and I've sort of narrowed it down to a few major options: 1. Law - relevant to my career choice, but general…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. TMelt
    Started by TMelt,

    I have my MET day 2 tomorrow and am still having trouble with reference. I'm only 21 had have only had 4 jobs, one of which the shop went into administration and I don't know the contact details of any manager I worked with, been trying to track it down but to no avail. Written in the name and address of employer but have no contact name and number - is this a big problem? There's also another which I haven't mentioned (I didn't mention it on my application form either) where I was only 16/17 and worked there a matter of weeks (only did a few shifts) and I have no contact information whatsoever and doubt they'd even remember me as it was a huge store. Would I get in troub…

    • 2 replies
    • 622 views
  15. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    And I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so happy!!! I did the course in 3.35 so with 10 seconds to spare as I made a couple of mistakes!! My push pull average was 27, (but my highest came in at 47!)

    • 7 replies
    • 442 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.