Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Lennon303
    Started by Lennon303,

    Just got a date for my medical on the 13th Nov for Essex. Just wondered if anyone could tell me what actually happens in the medical. Just wanting to know what to expect.

  2. Cobretti
    Started by Cobretti,

    Hi there guys!!! I'm fairly new in this forum and I don't know whether you guys could give me a hand. Basically I am a foreign, I arrived to the UK 2years ago and I always have wanted to be a PC. My problem is that I have to wait till next August to be able to send my application form and in the meantime I would love to do something that could help me to gain skills and good experience, the thing is that I'm not able to apply for any kind of role in the police (Special constable, or volunteer...) if I hadn't been resident in the country for at least 3 years. I would really appreciate if any of you could give some advice, also I would like to know whether any of you h…

    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
  3. BIG DUNC
    Started by BIG DUNC,

    hi.any one been given a start date yet.my number is in the 7s.i rang up a couple of months ago and was told prob next summer and do i still want to wait.

  4. Steveee7166
    Started by Steveee7166,

    Hi All This is my first post to this excellent forum.I am after some advice really and hopefully this is the right place to post it. I was a serving Police Officer for 7 years with a South East Constabulary.I had just recently resigned due to unresolved issues in October 2009.Which i will go into. I joined the Police Service in 2002 and spent 4 years on shift.I then moved to a neighbourhood team in 2006 and spent 3 years until november 2008. When a Student Constable joined us and knowing what this Officer was like spreading gossip and rumours and generally causing problems amongst the team. However Supervisory were aware of this officers cond…

  5. p_m09
    Started by p_m09,

    Hi guys.. Just to let you all know that my app has been withdrawn. Been suffering shin splints alot since i started running but seemed to have clamed down and today i went to gym and now can hardly walk (nightmate as have set and fitness on sunday 4th oct)...only seems to be in my left leg. Because of this i called Jackton to see if i was able to postpone until the following week to give my leg time to recover and was told shin splints take longer than a few days and can sometimes takes months so girl at jackton was cancelling my application (not at my request) and once ive been seen my a doc and given the all clear then i can call them back to dig out my app again and…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.2k views
  6. kirstyhulley
    Started by kirstyhulley,

    Hello all I have received a letter this week saying i will be called for my fitness test in december this year ( i cant wait) for a start date in Spring 2010 Cambs website shows there is 24 spaces available for this intake, so just out of curiosity, does anyone know roughly how many people get called for the fitness test? EG if 30 people show up, and all pass fitness test (which is possble!) then how do they decide who gets the space? Does it go based on who applied first etc?? or am i being silly, and they only invite 24 people to the fitness test? Just curious =o)

  7. jacky_032001
    Started by jacky_032001,

    hi all, passed my medical for west mids yesterday so just waitin for fitness now. was told that it will still take a while until my fitness and at least 6 months till start date as they so busy, how long did people wait between medical and fitness who passed theirs this year for west mids?

    • 4 replies
    • 488 views
  8. chelle1606
    Started by chelle1606,

    Iv'e noticed that dyfed powys doesnt have much of a thread on these websites so im starting one up. Is anyone currently in the proces of joining Dyfed Powys police?

  9. presidentbush
    Started by presidentbush,

    Hi Guys Just passed the assessment at Exeter on the Weekend of 10th/11th October! I've got my fitness date for the 14th January 2010 and wanted to know if any other people using these forums were going on the same day??? Also, just downloaded a copy of the beeptest, but there seems to be different versions. If anyone has the right one could they please reply with a link or seend a message. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 296 views
  10. marthouse
    Started by marthouse * ,

    Just thought i would put a topic on here for the Devon and Cornwall round off assessments in the next couple weeks! anyone else got their assessment centre over this weekend?

    • 4 replies
    • 330 views
  11. ChrisW123
    Started by ChrisW123,

    http://policeassessment.co.uk/ Now I hope this hasn't already been posted, otherwise I shall feel a silly chap! Hope it helps

    • 2 replies
    • 656 views
  12. chrisleeds
    Started by chrisleeds * ,

    Hello everyone, first time poster here. Just wanted to ask a quick question. I'm hoping to apply for the Met when they re-open applications (anyone have any idea when that may be?) but have a slight concern over my medical background. I've had two operations in the past three years to fix a dislocating shoulder. First one didn't work so well but the second one did and I haven't had a problem since. Is this likely to result in a binned application? At what point in the application process will this come to light - will I have to declare it early on or is it best to keep quiet about it unless they ask? Any help would be appreciated! Cheers Chris

    • 3 replies
    • 245 views
  13. whiteline
    Started by whiteline,

    Stage 2– Assessment Centre Day One Day Two * 0800 hours – Arrive and welcome * 0830 hours – Standard Entrance Test (SET) * 1100 hours – Fitness Assessment * 1430 hours – The Critical Thinking Test ( CTT ) / Assessment Interviews * 1830 hours – Familiarisation Evening * 0900 hours – A series of assessment exercises will be undertaken. * 1500 hours – Assessment ends. Has anyone been on it yet? The CTT info says you MUST answer all questions. I am assuming that there will be plenty of time for this and that the requirement is so that you do not dodge a ''tricky'' scenario. Fitness test info says 1.5 mile run or bleep te…

    • 0 replies
    • 147 views
  14. johnny 09
    Started by johnny 09,

    hi, my partner has applied to join our local police force, however has a concern. he was a competetive bodybuilder and has taken steroids (which he imported legally) some of which can remain detectable for up to 18 months. will this stop him from getting in?

  15. bakedbeanleg
    Started by bakedbeanleg,

    hi i wondered if anyone could shed any light on the snellens test, i have -2.5 in one eye, -2 in the other, and today i went into the opticians to get my eyesight form signed. the optician said my unaided vision would be fine to pass the test (which needs to be better than 6/36 in each eye) then she put on my form that i was 6/60 and 6/48, which i'm presuming is a lot worse....! I think she might be wrong, does anyone know what roughly -2.5 is on snellens? just so i know i'm not being daft when i complain to vision express? thanks!

    • 5 replies
    • 3.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.