Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Gazz666
    Started by Gazz666,

    Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction. I'm seriously thinking about transferring to the RCMP, were would one start?

    • 9 replies
    • 7.6k views
    Universally_Challenged
  2. GeneralGinger
    Started by GeneralGinger,

    Dont know if any of you are unfortunate enough to come against this uphill fight but for as long as i can remember i have been on the thin side and it dose nothing for my confidance or fitness (Makes me a good rockclimber) but nothing else. Im starting to belive im just not geneticaly supposed to put any weight on but thats no good for me, need to bulk up alot before i consider applying, not massivly interested about muscle just now, just want to put on lots of body fat then go for muscle once i have the right balance, however theres so much information out there i dont know what is genuine or what will acctualy help me. My BMI is within normal grounds but could realy do …

  3. harfi
    Started by harfi,

    Hello all, i recently passed my assessment with Met, and have my Day 2 Monday. Just had my medical forms checked by the doctor. I ticked NO to all the boxes regarding Health and operations. The doctor has been over my records and seen that in, 1992 - i was 2 years of age i had ITP, which disapeared not long after it was found. No problems since and doctor has kindly put - Full recovery ! 17 years with no issues. Also 2 operations which i left off as i thought were irrelevant, 2000 - Tonsilectomy full recovery and 2004 - Operation to remove In Growing Toe Nail via Zadik's method. Any problems you think guys ? Thanks for any help provided :)

  4. Somner
    Started by Somner,

    I recently passed my A/C and I have my pre-Med on 5th November. I've been finishing up my Medical form this evening but I'm wondering how accurate the details need to be. The dates for example? When I was about 5/6 it was suspected that I had epilepsy, it was investigated by my GP and I was refered to Selly Oak hospital for an EEG. Thankfully it came back all clear and I there has been no reason since to believe that I have epilepsy. I have no further details than this and nobody seems to have any idea of when this was other than me being about 5 or 6 years old - so about 1992/1993. Also between the ages of 10-14 I had three fainting episodes (vesa vegals). After each I …

  5. ChrisW123
    Started by ChrisW123,

    Ok I'm really baffled. If I'm honest with you all, the only part of the A/C I'm worried about is the interview. So many different sources are telling me different things! Can anyone who has done the interview at the A/C for WMP please just tell me what sort of questions they ask and any probing questions that may follow. Sorry to be a pain but I just dont want to fall down on this section which could be the difference between a pass and a fail! Thanks Chaps and Chapettes

    • 6 replies
    • 303 views
  6. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    How did it go? Im still feeling crap!

    • 11 replies
    • 403 views
  7. nigel1973
    Started by nigel1973,

    Hi, i could nt see any specific topics on this so thought i would start a new one, and i know its going to differ from force to force but i was wondering if anyone had any advice on becoming a dog handler, the type of training you have to do and interview process involved? any info would be great! Nigel

    • 16 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. Trouble01
    Started by Trouble01,

    Hi, I need some assistance. I was stopped at a ticket barrier by an off duty officer in summer last year who accused me of trying to evade my train fare, and trying to use my police id instead. I had renewed my oystercard the day before, and he had seen me with my police id in my hand talking to ticket barrier staff, he had assumed that I was trying to evade my fare, this wasn't the case, my oystercard did not work on the barrier, and I was simply trying to find it when he saw the staff let me go through. He immediately grabbed my arm when I got the other side and told me that I was not allowed to use my staff pass. I explained that I was not doing this, and produc…

    • 5 replies
    • 834 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  9. kvyas123
    Started by kvyas123,

    Hi all, I would like to know what do i have to wear for my medical test? and also what do i have to wear for my pre-joining fitness test, which includes a uniform fitting, picture taken, and other preparations, such as hand print dna etc. Kabz

    • 8 replies
    • 627 views
  10. billy nash
    Started by billy nash,

    I transfered my application from the met back in may-to the essex's police. I had my physical in june/july. Im still awaiting a date for a medical which i was informed it could be anything between 3-6 months. Then vetting is 3-6 months. But ive just found out that people who have done there physical and medical before me recently this year have been told there's 2 year wait before they can start people? Is this true? Does anyone no?

    • 0 replies
    • 226 views
  11. joandmitch
    Started by joandmitch * ,

    Hi can anyone answer my question. I have applied for merseyside police and have my fitness test soon but i am worried about the vetting. I have worked for the same company since sep 06 and from this date to aug 08 i have had 8 occasions totalling 11 days off sick. Will they count this as 2 years or to the date i went on maternity leave which was april 09? Thanks

  12. KIRSTIE S
    Started by KIRSTIE S,

    Hi All Just wondering if anyone has any advice, i have passed my ent test and have been waiting for an interview in which i was told would be 8-12 weeks, i then had a letter about four weeks ago saying the interviews were changing from competency based and when finalised they would be in touch. Today i am devestated to receive a letter saying there is insufficient posts and they will not have any intakes until after april 2010, it then goes on to say that they are withdrawing my application as they can not hold it on file indefinitely and would have to reapply and go through the tests again. This was my second time of applying and was borderline at my first interview, i…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
    bristol bouncer
  13. ct73
    Started by ct73,

    Bit new to all of this, but wondered if anyone could shed some light at all please? Hoping to start with Northants force next year (all being well) and understand that I will be undergoing fitness tests pre and during training for the first two years and I presume some sort of personal safety training. However is anybody aware of any other gym training that you have to go through - not fanatical on areas such as gymnastics, headsprings, etc and just wondered if anyone would be able to let me know. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

  14. verona
    Started by verona,

    Apologies if this has been discussed before, I did put a search in! I completed my assessment centre today and i just feel that I failed. In hindsight, I think I could have probed more in the role play, and I only managed to answer 20 questions in the maths. I'd rehearsed the maths so many times at home, leaving the difficult ones until last, but on the day, pressure got to me and I ran out of time. I know maths only accounts for about 2.5% but that could mean the difference between pass or fail. And the written? Don't get me started on that. I felt like I did in the the maths, not enough time. But hey, that's the way it is for a reason. Has anybody else felt the same a…

  15. jdean23
    Started by jdean23,

    Hi, I'm new to this forum, only just signed up, but I've been Reading posts on here for some time now. Excellent site for information and seems to have a very friendly community. Basically I've got a few questions which relate to me personally, so thought I'd ask on here. I've passed my assesment day with WMP, and have sent back my forms for my background check to begin. My only concern with this is that I'm currently paying a secured personal loan with my bank. I took out the loan 2 years ago and still have 3 years left to pay. It's just over 10,000 left. I'm worried sick that I'll be rejected because of this. I haven't missed any payments and I'm currently in a well p…

    • 1 reply
    • 988 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.