Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. GolfNovember
    Started by GolfNovember,

    I'm getting quite excited and nervous as my assessment centre is (hopefully) approaching. I was talking to my mum about my application when she said, "What about the time the police phoned me when they thought you had a dodgy train ticket?" This is something I had honestly forgotten. When I was 15 (i.e. 1995/6) I was stopped at the train station barrier by a guard. I had a child's ticket (I was under 16) but the guard did not believe me, thinking I was older. Five minutes later I was sitting in an office with a BTP constable, who phoned my mum to ask her how old I was. Thankfully he got through, the whole matter was resolved and I was on my way. After this I carried a co…

  2. djunreal99
    Started by djunreal99,

    hi all, i have had a phone call 2tell me that i have failed my application on my lung function test because my fev1 shows a restriction! I havent even gone for my medical an they've failed me! I mentioned that i was worried bout it because of my asthma and they tested it and i've failed it! Wot can i do? I dont smoke never have done, i've never taken drugs an i dont drink! So i'm pretty healthy! Lol! I can swim a mile in an hour thats with stops so i believe i could get that down 2 45mins! I have never been admitted 2hospital with my asthma an i havent taken my inhaler in ages if not years! I know that i could pass the physical as i've been practicing it at the gym! I'm r…

    • 10 replies
    • 3.2k views
  3. RAFP-newbie
    Started by RAFP-newbie,

    Would your families financial history have a direct effect on a application to the police? My financial history is clear with not a single black mark, I have been vetted and SC cleared for the Air force and have nothing to my name as far as convictions go. I work in the Military Police but I have a nagging feeling that my mothers less than outstanding financial history may have a direct effect on my background checks. She has had a lot of missed payments and 'red letters'. These are in know way connected to me by name, the only link to me would be that I lived at the same address. If anybody has any idea if this would be checked or could be a problem any ideas on how …

    sykes1545925530
  4. firefighter1546620548
    Started by firefighter1546620548,

    Hello there!! This is my first time on this forum and I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I am currently a serving firefighter in Lincolnshire, but I really would love joining the police force, particulary the mod police. My question is about the probation period, i know the 14 weeks training is at Wethersfield, but the probation period is at Aldermaston for two years. Does any body know of any instances when the probation has been served elsewhere, my problem is since my devorce I have joint custody of my three young children and they are settled in schools in Lincolnshire, moving them is not an option as they have one week with me then one week with my…

    firefighter1546620548
  5. chloe1502
    Started by chloe1502,

    Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone on here has appealed and been called to an appeals panel?? I am appealing on medical grounds and have to go to hendon to sit an appeals panel,just wondering if anyone has done this and can give me any advice on what to expect?/ Any help would be great.

  6. Forkie
    Started by Forkie * ,

    Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a quick question about the application process. I applied for DDO with the Met in August and about 4-5 weeks ago got a letter thanking me for my application. It said my application is currently being considered and I should expect to hear from them in the near future. But since then, I've heard nothing and unfortunately, it appears that I've misplaced that letter in that time. Does anyone know how long it usually is between getting a letter like this and then hearing a positive or negative decision? Or is there a number I can call to enquire about my application's progress? Many thanks for any help, Forkie

    • 7 replies
    • 876 views
  7. Betty80
    Started by Betty80 * ,

    Hi can anyone put my mind at ease, I rang recruitment today and they said that my back groundchecks hadn't even started yet ! they were waiting on occ health to give them the go ahead, can't understand why, I have no health issues. Just wondering wheather my sickness could be the problem I have had alot of time off sick through colds but... In my current job I can't go to work with a cold as it can damage your ears. I passed the AC in july and sent everything back as quick as possible, My friend who passed the AC in August has had his referances sent out . What could be the problem Help Me ??? p.s hi sorry new on here

    • 1 reply
    • 527 views
  8. Torch
    Started by Torch,

    Good Day Does anyone have any experiences of time scales between dates for Fitness and & Medical and where. Are they AM & PM sessions or all day affairs?. My current job is shifts for another Government Run organization, so I have to book time off well in advance, not easy when your waiting for such events to happen. Do you do your Fitness with other Candidates watching, or do you get to run the course without others seeing your pain and stresses. Me running is not a pretty sight. Any info would be good on this. I was hoping to do my test before Christmas so I can chill and enjoy the joys of Crimbo dinner, rather than spending the holidays in the gym and drinki…

    • 2 replies
    • 282 views
  9. whiteline
    Started by whiteline,

    I have noticed a new application format for these areas. Has the content changed? used to be 1 day assessment now the SET and assessment is done over 2 days with a stay over. Is this compulsory?

    • 0 replies
    • 305 views
  10. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    How have the rest of you been training for your fitness tests? I'm doing mine for the west mids soon. They dont have a beep test so its slightly different. Ive been doing bodypump (weights) and some running. Any other tips or advice? Thanks in advance! :)

    • 19 replies
    • 931 views
    hibee1546620559
  11. agent29
    Started by agent29,

    Hello everyone, Quick question that I am hoping someone can clear up. Is the initial 30 weeks training part of the 2 year probationary period or does the 2 years probation start once you have completed the training? Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Tim in the South
  12. Teresamarie
    Started by Teresamarie,

    I have just applied to Gwent Police Force however in January this year I applied to South Wales Police and got short listed. Even thought I passed the application stage I wasn't chosen to attend the assessment centre because there were high numbers so the way they did it was to do a random selection of the short listed applicants and unlucky for me my name wasn't one of them! I phoned recruitment at the time and they informed me that my form would be valid for 12 months and if there is another assessment day (which is highly unlikely to be this year) there would be another random selection so there was no guarantee that I would get to an assessment day at all. This has…

    • 4 replies
    • 886 views
    ChrisC1546620409
  13. sean dempsey
    Started by sean dempsey,

    Hey fellas and ladies, So, heres an hones question: Why do you want to be police officers? Sean

  14. ChrisW123
    Started by ChrisW123,

    I know all Services in different constituencies have different recruitment process, some have a 2 day assessment, others dont etc. I just need to know if this is correct for West Midlands Police recruitment: Initial eligibility questionaire Application form Assessment centre Fitness Medical Security/Vetting Offer of appointment Is that it? I havent heard that WMP has a 'final interview' but if i am mistaken please feel free to correct and confirm so me, and any others, can sleep sound at night! thanks! Who wants this cookie then?

    • 2 replies
    • 684 views
  15. DanUK
    Started by DanUK,

    Hi folks I was wondering if anyone knew how the force goes about getting a reference from a university. Main reason I'm asking is in relation to sick days. Like most students I shamefully admit to not attending 100% of my lectures and other things. Do Universities carry such detailed records or is it a case of "Yeah he was here between 2006 and 2009". I seem to remember seeing a template someone posted up here quite a while ago that showed the form the force sent to universities but I cant remember what it said. Any insight would be appreciated. Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 910 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.