Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi people, my application for GMP is on hold due to budget cuts at the minute....... BUT reading some of these posts, I am a little worried I have passed A/C and waiting for final interview, but have recently moved address (have informed GMP etc and confirmed its been updated) but I am pretty sure I am not on electoral register at the new address, i have moved my bank accounts etc to here, but I'm renting a room in a mate's house and so dont pay council tax myself, as the rent includes it...... I am hesitant to add myself to the electoral register as when i get into police i will be moving again to my own place, and all the paperwork is a bit of a ballache. If it is goi…
-
-
- 2 replies
- 822 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am in a bit of a dilemma and wonder if anybody can offer me some advice. In 2004 I was arrested to prevent a breach of the peace. The police found me in street very upset after finding out my then girlfriend had finished our relationship and was with someone else. The police officers who arrested me were very nice, took me to the station and gave me a drink (I was in a bit of a state emotionally, but had not been drinking). About 2 hours later I was released, without any charge or caution. (They did not take any photos, DNA or fingerprints). Well I applied for the police 15 months ago, passed the application, assessment, fitness and medical stage…
-
- 0 replies
- 616 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey.. Just wondering if anyone could answer me a quick question. I have just dropped in my Medical forms to my GP. The Blue 934A form...(GMP Police recruitment Pre Employment Health Questionnaire) he has handed me back and told me I don't need to do anything with as they fill it in on the day? I thought I had to fill this in myself? However I'm abit confused now as it asks me questions such as listing my Immunisations etc?? I don't know alot of the answers? Does anyone know if we are supposed to leave this blue form blank and just take it with us on the day or are we supposed to fill it in up to the page we sign? Thanks Lou
-
- 11 replies
- 532 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Does anyone have any experiences of time scales between dates for Fitness and & Medical and where. Are they AM & PM sessions or all day affairs?. My current job is shifts for another Government Run organization, so I have to book time off well in advance, not easy when your waiting for such events to happen. Do you do your Fitness with other Candidates watching, or do you get to run the course without others seeing your pain and stresses. Me running is not a pretty sight. Any info would be good on this. I was hoping to do my test before Christmas so I can chill and enjoy the joys of Crimbo dinner, rather than spending the holidays in the gym and drinking Carrot …
-
I sent my application form of on thursday for the met, anyone any idea how long till i hear a reply???? i know it is a long process but any ideas would be good. Thanks
-
- 13 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I passed the assessment centre in August and received my letter detailing the next step of final interview at the beginning of September. Since then I have heard nothing from the recruitment team of the date for my final interview. Does anyone have experience of the length of time you can wait between passing the assessment and the final interview? Thanks,
-
- 6 replies
- 654 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hiya, Just wondeing, If I pass the papersift, I am considering doing one of those training days to prepare you for the assessment day. However they are quite expensive. Do you think they are worth doing? If you have done one was it worth your money? and which course did you take? ( there are quite a few i think) Just like to hear your Ideas/ feedback I already have several books to help me already. Thanks, Ami
-
What does everybody think of this? Is it worth doing? Will it help the application process? Will it get to a point where you have to have a degree to police? What do YOU think?
-
Hi Folks, I need some advice about hair!!!! I am about to start with Strathclyde but don't know what to do with my hair. I am female but my hair is too short to put in a ponytail never mind a bun. I was planning on getting my hair shaved at the back so it was neat and have the rest of my hair about chin length but I have been told this will probs be unacceptable. So how short is acceptable????? Thanks :smiley_help:
-
I have recently failed vetting for Merseyside Police(REASON BEING IS BECAUSE THE SHOP IS IN THE FORCE AREA), I just want to go into more detail about myself for the sake of my honesty and integrity .On the way to Tesco about three to five years me and my cousin were confronted by a gang of teenage boys. They grabbed us and started to threaten us, they explained that if we did not do what they would say they would hurt us and our families. They told us to steal electrical goods from Tesco. However once we entered the shop I split from my cousin because I did not want to go through with it as I knew it was wrong. My cousin still went on to try and steal the goods ev…
-
Passed my stage 2 exam today. Very happy and thought i'd do a bit of boasting (sorry) All but 3 of my intake of 40 passed and now its on to our next PDU phase until January. Can't wait to get back out next week! WOOP WOOP! :clapping:
-
- 4 replies
- 871 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, guys, I will be working with two police officers in a patrol car as part of my application, actually I have done it a few months before, but the feedback from the previous officers were not good enough, so the recruiting center give me another chance to achieve better response. Can you guys give me some tips about how to make me look more confident? And what kind of questions should I be expected to ask? The feedback from last time indicated that I looked lack of confidence, and asked silly questions. Any advises would be really helpful. Thanks.
-
- 10 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Guys, Well it looks like I am provisionally on the December intake for Dorset Police, obviously still have the last few hoops to jump through, but fingers crossed. Anyhow, I'll be travelling up from the direction of Weymouth most days, and although Im sure during the first week there will be plenty of opportunity to find others travelling the same way, I thought I would find out now, and see if we can get some car-sharing going on. Congrats to all you others who will be there, and those just starting now.
-
- 4 replies
- 717 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey Guys, Just a general view to see if their is anyone else out their that also attended the Met Police assessment centre at Hendon on Friday 25th September 2009 Or Anyone else that has recently attended their day 1 at hendon A/C Regards Nick
-
I have just received news that I "did not attain the standard required for the group assessment" by the recruiting officer at Fife. When I questioned what he meant he said that although I commented frequently my comments were too simiilar/agreeable with others in the group and also that the group as a whole did not know enough in detail about the topics discussed. Now, before my assessment day I was told by serving officers NOT to mention anything too controversial/sceptical and so on that basis I decided that the points I would make in the discussion would look at the topic from both perspectives. However, clearly this is not the way to go about it. Also, the group were …