Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. odo1987
    Started by odo1987 * ,

    Hi, I have my initial interview in a months time Does anybody have some in-depth details on what we should all be learning? I'm looking over everything on the website in order to try and learn as much as possible but does anyone have any SPECIFIC advice on certains parts that I should be learning...? Also, Im not from the strathclyde area, does anyone have any information on what I should do regarding speaking to a probabtioner? Speaking to one back home where I live and visiting MY local station? I'm not too sure what I should be looking to speak to a probabtioner about... Feel free to email me or leave a post, Anything would be really really apprecaited. Cheers Guys

    • 0 replies
    • 368 views
  2. billy nash
    Started by billy nash,

    If anyone had the title above on this date or roughly near did you pass? If so have you heard a date for your medical yet? Im still waiting and its been 2 weeks so far. Can anyone tell me what happans at the medical for Essex's Police?

  3. LeicsPolSC
    Started by LeicsPolSC,

    I understand that these days, everything is all about equality and fairness, especially within the police forces. I imagine no advantages are given to anyone. However, I was wondering, having my father, who recently retired as a detective sergeant having completed 30 years of service, and both my uncle an inspector and aunty a sergeant currently in the police force, would this at all look good? Does the recruiting department look out for relations within police forces? Thanks

  4. LeicsPolSC
    Started by LeicsPolSC,

    Hello, Would anyone within the police force or in the recruiting department happen to know how the police view the young applicants? I've read a lot about life experience, however this doesn't write off every 18 year old does it? I'm just wondering if there are many 18 year olds taken on, or do the chances of recruitment decrease as age decreases? If anyone has any idea, would be great to hear from you, All the best!!

  5. dazzza60
    Started by dazzza60 * ,

    Hello all, I passed my assesment centre for surrey police in June 2007. I have been waiting ever since for a start date. I then had to do a police law and community course (which i passed). I have now been informed i failed my vetting and my application has been rejected. They did tell me the reason, which completely disagree with. I sent in an appeal, they replied by saying ai can not appeal as i failed the security vetting. Is this true? as i have read on here about people over turning there decisions! I am looking for advice on what to do next?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. spannermonkey2009
    Started by spannermonkey2009,

    Hi guys Does anybody know of any forces that will be recruiting for either Police Constable or PCSO in the near future. thanks again.

    • 18 replies
    • 2.8k views
  7. bagpuss62
    Started by bagpuss62,

    I have managed to pass all the stages in relation to Merseyside Police Force apart from the vetting stage. I expected to fly through this but got an email to say I had failed. I was absolutely shell shocked and spent all night wondering why. When I spoke to HR they informed me that I had a conviction for urinating in the street about 10 years ago and due to the fact I had not declared it my integretity was in question. While I do not dispute this the reason i didn't declare was that I at the time, and untill I was told, thought that the fine I receieved was paid to avoid a conviction. I am gutted and never meant to mislead. I plan to appeal and wondered if anybody else h…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.4k views
  8. sideysid
    Started by sideysid,

    Hi guys, Im currently going through the application process with Surrey, but have just remembered back in 2000ish time, I was stopped and fined by the BTP for having a 2-3 travelcard in a zone 1 area on the London underground. Normally this would be a handled by underground/rail staff and wouldnt be an issue, but I seem to remember it being BTP and so receiving a letter of a court fine, but was so long ago its rather hazy. Is this kind of thing going to effect the vetting stage? Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 421 views
  9. gridgirl
    Started by gridgirl,

    Hi Im currently waiting for my file to be looked at by the Vetting Officer with West Midlands Police to see if I will be granted security clearance. Does anyone know what chances I have??? I have a complete clean record and no involvment with police apart from 6 yrs ago when i was arrested for suspected drink driving. I was taken back to the station and blew clear so was releasd with no further action...I have obviously disclosed this information ?????

    • 4 replies
    • 498 views
  10. X3ParaMurph
    Started by X3ParaMurph,

    OMG!! :smiley_vomit: I am absolutely over the F*****G moon. I got a message on Saturday (whilst in Arnhem) to call back vetting. After a 5 minute chat about something that i didn't know about, i got the answer, " I feel that the vetting decision was an incorrect one, so I am over turning the decision..... Welcome back". Man did i celebrate saturday night in Holland with all the Reg blokes. Now is just the wait on refs and start date. By the sounds of it, It may be some time, but who cares, there's nothing stopping me now. Bring on Hendon 2010. Best of luck to those in a similare position and those in all the recruitment stages. Murph.

  11. Mike P1546620561
    Started by Mike P1546620561 * ,

    Hi, I'm a serving prison officer with 14 years exemplary service and would like to join the police, however I recieved a caution for a common assault over 3 years ago due to a relationship bust up which became really complicated. Will this stop me from being considered for the police, I have never been in trouble before or since and have worked for the goverment for over 22 years with service in the Royal Marines before I joined the prison service. If anybody could give me any advice I would very grateful.

    • 3 replies
    • 2.6k views
  12. Sammy G
    Started by Sammy G * ,

    Hi All, I was just hopeing for a bit of advice. I am currently in my 9th week of training for the Met and I was looking at what books I could buy that would come in handy. Not such an easy task as it goes!! There are quite a few choices out there and I am slightly baffled at which one to go for and was wondering if anyone on here has either brought one or used one and if so which one would you recommend? There are two that I have seen 1. Beat Officer's Companion 2009/2010 2. Blackstone's Student Police Officer Handbook 2009 Any thoughts on these or any other recommendations?

  13. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Hi everyone, I am hopefully starting training in Jan or Feb next year and my wedding is booked for June 12th and no date fpr stag at the moment. I know when you are training you get 2 1 week holidays. Can anybody tell me when they are? Also if i needed 1-2 days off for my wedding would i be able to get it? I would probably need the Thursday and Friday before the wedding on the Saturday. Cheers Stuart

    • 19 replies
    • 1.9k views
    The Large Portion
  14. ludvanbull
    Started by ludvanbull,

    Not something I would do personally, but have friends that have gone for more than one force at a time, they have told me that its worth doing as 'who's to know'!? I don't want to jepordise(sp) my currant application so its not tempting, but how do they get away with it???

    • 1 reply
    • 386 views
  15. guitarman
    Started by guitarman,

    OK so I know these questions sound ridiculous, but I'm almost paranoid now as I've heard an application can get chucked out for the slightest thing gone wrong.. a) If there's a section, or PART of a section, that's non-applicable... do you leave it blank (what I've done - but this may have the effect of making it look incomplete), score through it, write 'n/a' or...? The app guidelines say delete innapropriate sections whatever that means. b) Did you bind the final thing together with a dirty great staple? Again, I realise these things may sound ridiculous....

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.