Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Nine
    Started by Nine,

    Hey Guys/Girls, Got my day 1 in five days and was just thinking about references. My college has had a change of staff and my lecturers have left. So what can I do? Where would I get my reference from? I'm a bit worried :S And again, I know I should concentrate on passing the Day 1 but just wanted a rough idea. Thanks!

  2. tanneg
    Started by tanneg,

    Right, perhaps I've downloaded the wrong 15m beep test mp3 but if its right then anyone of the million people on here who claim to be able to walk or even jog the test are either Olympic athletes or liars. I paced out a rough 15m track and ran the test on my mp3 player. I was puffing quite a bit at level 3!! I was at a very fast jog/semi running at level 4 and near full sprint at level 5. Before you ask, I'm not by any means overweight and whilst I'm not in super shape I certainly ain't bad. These people claiming to get to level 9 must be made of magic! I got test off the DVD How2become a police officer which I bought a while ago...maybe its been changed? (too big …

    closeprotection1546620538
  3. MrPC
    Started by MrPC,

    Anyone else starting the Sunday training sessions on October 4th? Have you received the information in the post yet?

  4. THE NICKSTER
    Started by THE NICKSTER,

    Hi, I expect to be joining northamptonshire in february next year and I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this. Basically, I play in a few ten pin bowling leagues, currently Wednesday evening at 7pm, sunday morning and sunday evening, and I was wondering if I would have to quit these once I start training or if i will be able to carry on with them? They are mostly team based leagues so if i will have to quit them then i would like to let them know in advance. cheers for any help you can give me on this guys

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  5. Daddeeee1
    Started by Daddeeee1,

    Hi all, I have a question - I lost my voice the day before the interview and could only croak my way through the questions and just couldn't get the words out. For EC on the a/c I got 100% and I really do doubt if I was effective at the interview so would any of the above be taken into consideration. Also, if you got a good score at the a/c but messed up the interview would that be a show stopper or is the interview a formality and places are awarded to those that scored highly and worked downwards. Cheers and good luck to all going for A+S

    • 6 replies
    • 765 views
  6. jerrydoco
    Started by jerrydoco * ,

    Hi all, I've just been pondering one thing about the application form and wonder if you could clear this up for me? Q1. As part of the guidance notes, it says to use black ink and complete the form in BLOCK CAPITALS. Fair enough for the boxed sections but does this mean you have to continue this rule throughout the form? In particular the 'free text' questions like 'Your other activities' and also the competancy sections questions (Section 4) I assume this relies on common sense and you would be allowed to write using your normal handwriting style here? I did and realise I might risk my form being binned because it was not in block capitals. Apoligies for what may ap…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Gordon A
    Started by Gordon A * ,

    Hi guys, Im just wondering if anyone can give me any help on the questions I will face at my initial police interview. I am currently undergoing the application process for Strathclyde police force and my interview is fast approaching but I dont really know what to expect. Can anyone tell me what sort of questions I will be asked? I would really appreciate any information anyone could give me.

  8. karl1981
    Started by karl1981,

    Hey guys I know this does come up a lot but anyway I have one coming up soon for NWP . Which is a bit of bummer considering they have changed the process after we had completed every other part. But anyway some advice would be great from some of you who have already done one . I've come this far and failure is no longer an option for me . Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

  9. MISSYDIVA
    Started by MISSYDIVA,

    I am starting as a student police officer in oct at Sedgley Park If anyone else is then plz leave a line it would be nice to hear from someone else who is starting too.

    ChrisC1546620409
  10. timmy2701
    Started by timmy2701 * ,

    Hi I have a 1 hour assessment coming up for the admin based role of Project Support Officer for West Yorkshire Police. Anyone had a similar one or any idea what it would entail. If successful, there is an interview 3 days later. Many thanks folks

    • 0 replies
    • 205 views
  11. sean dempsey
    Started by sean dempsey,

    Im applying to strathclyde for the second time on the 23rd of this month, and im already prepping for the interview as i dont have to sit the SET because i passed it the first time (second rather) And i keep reading about 5 core values or whatever about police officers, but i cant find mention of them on intoblue or the SCP website :S Anyone know what they are, or have any pointers? And if you say look at the website...ill set my big ginger mama on u Cheers folks Sean

    • 2 replies
    • 780 views
  12. Suzi W
    Started by Suzi W * ,

    Hey, Don't suppose anyone has heard when their Medical and Fitness Tests are going to be for Cleveland? Suzi

  13. sean dempsey
    Started by sean dempsey,

    Right im not sure how the role play is marked, but when i was asked a question similar to "What would you do if officers on your shift were making homophobic comments about a colleague?" I replied with: Basically id try to console the officer if he seemed distressed, and tell the officers they are bang out of order. Id then consider telling a superior. How would that be marked??? NB: This is not exactly what was asked and replied to in the interview, and is only for research purposes!

    • 2 replies
    • 295 views
    The Large Portion
  14. chocaholic
    Started by chocaholic,

    Right, well - my husband is still in the application process for the police, and watching him go through the process has made me think about my future career. I don't think I'd be much good as a policewoman on-the-beat as I'm very petite and not particularly athletic as a result, but I do think I have a lot of skills that would make me very good at solving crime/detective work as I'm a good problem solver and would love that sort of challenge, or maybe working with victims of crime and offering support that way. I have a good degree (in computing) so that must show I have quite a technical brain? Currently don't find my computing job that rewarding... Would there be a…

    • 5 replies
    • 595 views
  15. plackow
    Started by plackow,

    Has anyone that has applied to the police got asthma and declared it? The story is. I filled out my medical questionnaire, everything on there was ok, my doctor signed it off. With WMP they look through this and then decide whether to send you to vetting or not, which in my case they did, and this is where I am. Since then, I went to my doctor as I was breathing hard and had a cough, and he said that it might be asthma, and prescribed my a preventitive inhaler (which I haven't used). This is obviously now recorded on my doctors notes. I have been breathing hard a coughing twice recently, both were after going out heavily drinking and smoking. After a coulpe of days a…

    • 13 replies
    • 664 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.