Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. adele87
    Started by adele87,

    I have applied to join the west midlands police and am currently trining for the fitness test. I did a practise fitness test in March with no trainng and faired badly (1 lap in 1min 45 sec and aim was 1 min 15 sec). I have been training for 5 1/2 months and have built up stamina. I was just wondering whats the amount of time and speed on the treadmill that i should aspire to?. Im hoping that speed 12 on treadmill for 15 minutes will be enougth stamina to pass the fitness test. Any tips or advise out there, i have begun to be obseesive about it!!

    • 3 replies
    • 709 views
  2. kevvy
    Started by kevvy,

    Hi, I attended Sedgely Park for my assessment centre at the end of August but haven't heard anything yet I was just wondering if anyone who has been through it already could tell me how long they had to wait for their results as the waiting is soooooooo bad Cheers

    • 6 replies
    • 389 views
  3. GeneralGinger
    Started by GeneralGinger,

    Afternoon all just a quick question. Currently filling in the app for lothian and borders and i have come to the section about previous employment and educational qualifications etc.. and it says that certificate of discharge and GCSE certificates must be produced at the interview now i know im getting a tad ahead of myself hear but i cannot for the life of my find any of the above, lost with the times. i have emaild the recruiting team for there advice and i am awaiting reply i just wonderd if anyone else has had this situation during sellection and what happend regarding it? Many thanks C

    • 3 replies
    • 374 views
  4. Tiger1545925605
    Started by Tiger1545925605,

    Hi there, Can anyone the help? I've received the forms for vetting and on one of them it asks for you to disclose any Penalty Notice Charges received. Now does that mean parking tickets or more along the lines of points on licence for speeding etc? I had a parking ticket about 2 weeks ago and not sure if I should include that. What exactly does the PNC mean? Thank you!!! Tigergal

  5. yellow999
    Started by yellow999,

    Hi All! Quick question re borough choices. I originally applied to the Met well over a year ago, and at the time didn't put a terrible amount of thought into my borough selections. Choose a few central and a few outer. Now that I've had time to do proper research I realllly want to change one or two boroughs. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, would there be a chance of delays in receiving a start date? (not that there hasn't been delays beyond belief already but hey.. it'll happen when it happens)! My file is currently with the intake team. Thanks in advance for any replies!!

    • 0 replies
    • 278 views
  6. domino82
    Started by domino82,

    Hello I have my fitness test Monday, just wondered how long to expect to be there for? Also I know it probably varies but how many people tend to be there at any one go? Thanks in advance Kelly

    • 3 replies
    • 211 views
  7. bathgwa
    Started by bathgwa,

    H there I just had my scores back from A&S and scored 71% for Respect for race and diversity, 93% in Oral comms, 56% in written comms but only got 54% overall. Hence i did not progress. Could anyone confirm how they work out the overall % please. Dave

    • 3 replies
    • 241 views
  8. jp2uk1546620308
    Started by jp2uk1546620308,

    Hey guys 'n' dolls, Thought I would post this topic on here to let people know about my experience with Merseyside Police for thier "Insight Scheme": http://www.merseyside.police.uk/html/news/news/september/mc26-09a-merseyside-police-insight-scheme.htm (Sorry to throw people around admins) Its a great idea for people wanting to know how Police work, and also for people who are thinking of joining giving you an idea of how they work... I applied on 20th July and passed all checks for 30th July and have chosen Moss Bank station in St Helens to do my Insight Day. Apparently they say 'cos the majority of people want town centre there is a very long waiting list for St He…

    • 23 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. Tiger1545925605
    Started by Tiger1545925605,

    Hi Can someone clarify when the vetting is undertaken do they look at missed payments on say credit cards? I have never had any CCJ's or defualted on a loan payment however have missed the odd credit card payment due to loss of statement! Will this effect application? Thank you!

  10. Daddeeee1
    Started by Daddeeee1,

    Hi all, I completed the PSNI Assessment Day on 28 Jul 09 and told that my results could take up to 2 months, I actually got a letter to confirm I'd passed on the 30 Jul 09. Knowing how difficult it is to get through the selection should I count this as a big positive that I did really well (i.e scoring in the very high percentile) or would it be just that I just got over the pass mark. Has anyone else got their pass/fail letters so quickly? Good luck all

  11. Finn
    Started by Finn,

    Have just received my letter with a link for the application form from the tiny, minute, miniscule recruitment campaign. Has got to be in by September 1st. Oh well, here goes again for the long waiting game. Can be as long as it likes though, as long as I beat my 54% from January, grrrrrr!!!!! Good luck everone else!

  12. IceyTruth
    Started by IceyTruth,

    So i've been told that I can have a place at the Gilmore Section House Kennington. Anyone else moving in there for the 3rd of August? Does anyone know what the condition of the places are like?

  13. Gareth35
    Started by Gareth35,

    Has anyone else received their letters today having had A/C for NYP on 19th August?

    • 0 replies
    • 153 views
  14. Amigo1546620440
    Started by Amigo1546620440,

    I was shocked to hear from a friend today that she saw in the news last week some info on the police applications from TVP. Apparantly due to the large volumes of applicants, some forms were disgarded and people 'failed' so they could get through them faster, without even reading the forms. They apparantly said that they were sorry and that they were asking people who 'failed' the papersift were allowed to reapply as soon as the next intake is availiable. I have tried to find any info on this on BBC, ITV and google, but it appears to have dissapeared - whether it has been removed I don't know, but I trust my friends information. she said it was on the news on tv, she t…

    • 0 replies
    • 311 views
    Amigo1546620440
  15. sam310589
    Started by sam310589,

    Hey, I have my medical on the 14th and have gotten ill this week and have had to get antibiotics. I am usually fit and healthy and not on medication but am wondering if me being on antibiotics and ill will mean i cant do my medical ( as the antibiotics finish after my medical is meant to be) or i will fail the medical if i go? I am just worried as i have got this far and got ill the week before so am I will be thankful for any response! Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.