Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. rower1546620556
    Started by rower1546620556 * ,

    I have recently passed the thames valley assesment centre. I am waiting to do the fitness test heard nothing for three weeks How long does it normally take? The week I heard i had passed the assesment centre i was also offered a very good oportunity in another job. If i am succesful in my police application does anyone know If i could defer it for a year or two???? thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 692 views
  2. GeneralGinger
    Started by GeneralGinger,

    Okay last night after playing poker with my step-dad at the pub i set off and like a numpty forgot to put my headlights on and 1 minite later drove strait past a waiting trafic cop :/ a minite after that i see the blues in my rear mirror so i pulled up got out and the officer says "Do you know how to use you headlights Sir"? my initial reaction was "Oh bolocks". So to cut a long story short i got a stern lesson on how to use my headlights and a £30 FPN (luckily it wasent endorsable so my licence is still clean) and i drove home very red faced and annoyed with myself. What im askin is has anyone else been in a similar situation and how did it affect your application etc.…

  3. hannahlmorgs
    Started by hannahlmorgs,

    Hi all, I did my day 2 back in Mid May. I called the Met recruitment line a couple of months ago and was informed that vetting was in progress. So I am waiting patiently with my fingers firmly crossed. I was also told that there was a slim chance for the Oct/Nov intake if I am successful with the vetting, but more likely was an intake in the New Year. From reading the recent posts it seems there are many of us eagerly waiting for news... I am just wondering if anyone has been successful yet? Can someone please post some success stories to give the rest of us some hope! Also, I am slightly concerned about the vetting process as I have spent a number of years working abr…

  4. iona39
    Started by iona39,

    Hi There, I have recently received a fixed penalty for knowingly allowing somebody to drive without insurance (even though I thought my insurance covered them.........how stupid am I!!!) and am desperate to join the police. Anybody know if I have a hope in hells chance of being considered. Any useful comments appreciated. Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 429 views
    IAmHere1546620512
  5. RichDRFC
    Started by RichDRFC,

    Hello All Had my A/C for Sussex Police yesterday - just thought i'd give my two penneth on how it went. The day started and we were all split into our syndicates of 7 or 8 people. All was very relaxed, the staff and the organization were excellent. My group started off with the written tests first. This was the part I feared most of the day but it wasn't that bad. Think I got my points across along with a few good ideas so hopefully I have survived this part of the day. The written was followed by the maths - by some miracle I managed to complete all 25 questions - thinking I probably have around 19 correct, maybe a couple more after some rough guesses. Shortly a…

  6. EKMSC
    Started by EKMSC,

    Hey all :) Im finding life a little hard at the moment, what with the career i had pinned my life on for the last 7 years ripped out of my grasp thanks to vetting, with no reason given... Naturally im appealing it, no way am i going to take it lying down, but what experience does everybody else have of the appeals process? I know murph is appealing at the moment; if you read this, hows it going mate? I honestly cannot think of anything that it could be, apart from the fact that my younger brother is currently on bail for violent disorder, however hes going to the station tonight to hear what they are going to do about it so it could well be dropped as far as i can tell…

  7. Fly26
    Started by Fly26,

    I passed the assessment in August 2009 for west midlands. I sent off the security and medical questionnaire in early september. After speaking to a few people it has been suggested that I should contact west merica Force and ask to be considered with them as they get through the recruitment process quicker. Can anyone advise me on whether or not this can be done and if there is any truth in west merica getting through the recruitment process quicker. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 694 views
  8. bucko1
    Started by bucko1,

    I have been a PCSO for 2 1/2yrs at GMP, i passed my medical 27th Aug, i rang recruitment 2day they have told me i'll have to wait till April now, has anyone else been told this ?

    • 0 replies
    • 450 views
  9. greenstua
    Started by greenstua * ,

    I recently changed my car insurance and paid over £70 in premiums for the firstr month but my car wouldn't work and i ended up selling it but when I called the insurance co they demanded a further £70 to stop the claim-I felt this was unfair and just stopped the direct debit...will something like this cause me any problems during the vetting process? I am squeaky clean otherwise

    • 6 replies
    • 638 views
  10. Lee.S1546620511
    Started by Lee.S1546620511,

  11. standby-one
    Started by standby-one,

    Does anybody have an idea of when the Met will be accepting transfers? Missed the last window by an Inch!? I'm currently in GMP and it would be great to hear from any officers who have transfered from GMP to the Met, or any recent transfers from other forces who have started, be great to hear what it's like!

    • 8 replies
    • 1.6k views
  12. kdude
    Started by kdude,

    Hi Guys, just wanted to share this with you as I know some people have asked about what forces are recruiting at the moment. BTP are accepting applications from new constables based in the Carlisle area. Here is the link. Good luck. Kath x https://www.btprecruitment.com/vacancy.asp?...053F758457170FA

    • 4 replies
    • 739 views
  13. IanQPR
    Started by IanQPR,

    Hello all, I was chatting to a friend of mine who joined up about 10 years ago and was asking him for any stories he had of training and the job and he mentioned that as part of his training he and his class attended a post mortem. I am starting training soon and have been thinking about all the stories of the training I have heard and I remembered about this, and wondered if it still happens? I personally think a clinical view of death would be a help to coming across it in the job in the future, but obviously don't know how I will react until it happens! Also in a similar vein, the same friend told me a story he had heard (urban myth maybe?!) about a probationer wit…

  14. trifella
    Started by trifella,

    Hi Guy's This is to anyone who has applied to the CNC this year. I submitted my application in February and passed Ryton on 28th of April 2009, medical passed in July, not had fitness yet as I had to cancel the one offered early August due to a Naval Reserve commitment. Has anyone who applied, or is in the recruitment process within a similar application date window as me, heard any news whatsoever?. Has anyone got any further down the line or been offered a place yet? Looking at previous threads, it appears that people who applied early 98 are only just getting courses. I have also heard that the CNC make you do Ryton again if your app spans passed a year without a …

    • 1 reply
    • 318 views
  15. EKMSC
    Started by EKMSC,

    Well, after an agonising wait i received a phone call yesterday from the person dealing with my appeal, who asked me a few questions and then invited me to scotland yard today for an interview. After the most nerve - wracking 15 minutes of my life; i cant explain the feeling when he looked up and told me that he vas reversing vettings decision. I am so happy right now i cant even begin to describe... it just goes to show that the appeals process DOES work and it is well worth the extra wait! So all those still waiting or planning an appeal, put everything into and GOOD LUCK! See you at hendon

    • 9 replies
    • 1.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.