Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mtracerz
    Started by mtracerz,

    Ok, filling out my application form and I'm not too sure what kind of things to put in this section. What am I looking to put in here? Thanks Other Information: GIVE DETAILS OF ANY SPECIAL SKILLS/ATTRIBUTES TOGETHER WITH ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU MAY WISH TO BE CONSIDERED IN YOUR APPLICATION

  2. Springbok
    Started by Springbok,

    ... Springbok2009-10-16 19:32:04

  3. meric_c47
    Started by meric_c47,

    Hi all, Just wondered if someone could give a brief outline of how the met day 2 is carried out and what the best thing to wear etc is. THanks Chris

  4. RMP1
    Started by RMP1,

    Just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice with a problem I've got regarding part of my medical please. Was progressing rapidly thru process & completed everything except employer's reference when HR contacted me & said there was a delay due to Occ Health waiting for a 'letter from my GP'. Upon further investigation it turns out it was related to hearing test in medical. As far as I'm concerned my hearing is fine but medical showed up a slight loss of hearing in 1 ear. Doc at medical told me I was still within Home Office recommended limits & not to worry, but have it checked out by GP for my own peace of mind. He gave me a letter to give to my GP…

    • 3 replies
    • 334 views
  5. maverick25
    Started by maverick25 * ,

    Dear all, I have an assessment/interview day coming up soon and wondered if anyone would be so kind as to offer any advice in respect of how the day will run and any words of wisdom for the day. I am told that I will have to spend 40 mins doing prep for a 10 minute presentation. Will this be similar to the application essay based on a town where incidents occurred and they had to be ranked in importance for the officers to attend to? Furthermore, on the day will the presentation be in a group or is it individually with the interviewer? Any general advice for this presentation - my uncle who is in the MET suggested drawing a plan of the town and creating reasons for crime…

    • 1 reply
    • 607 views
  6. Label
    Started by Label,

    Hi guys and girls, Am due my day one results end of this week/next week and we were instructed on our day one's to book a doctors appointment between those times to get our medical forms signed etc etc... That was fine. So I went into the surgery today with the form to show the receptionist so she could book me in for a couple of weeks. And she took one look at it and not only told me it would cost £79 (what?!), but it would take 3-4 weeks to 'come back to me', as I wouldnt need an appointment. She said I could leave it at reception and she would 'pass it on' to the correct person but the correct person is 'sooo busy' lately it would take up to 4 weeks…

  7. keeno
    Started by keeno,

    Hi all Sorry if this is ground well trodden, but I've done some searches and can't find the right info. Basically, although this is my first post I've been reading these forums a while now, and everyone keeps on talking about their recruitment officers... I've got my Day 2 on 16th Sept, and I was wondering who these ROs were! Seems a lot of people are asking them for advice, but I don't have one... Am I being stupid? Looking forward to Day 2!

  8. mtracerz
    Started by mtracerz,

    just preparing for interview questions. dont really understand what this question means. Anyone able to give me some pointers? • "What are the issues surrounding diversity of culture in the local community?" • "What is social awareness in your area (example of local issues)?" Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 454 views
  9. Jack06
    Started by Jack06,

    Hi Guys I'm keen on joining the Metropolitan police in the near future, and wanted some advice, but not the usual advice written on the recruitment website. I won't be applying for at least two months and then I've been told the recruitment process can take up to 6 months. I was wondering what sort of everyday jobs the Met look on favourably, things that come to mind are community jobs, that show you're interested in helping communities (perhaps some charity work on the side?). At the moment I'm not working (for less than a month) so would like to make the first step count. Also, I'm looking at doing a first aid course, an SIA licence course and maybe even an English…

  10. shaunie
    Started by shaunie,

    Do all forces have Board Interviews? I've applied to BTP and have seen a Board Interview mentioned any where (unless I'm just not paying attention!). Any information would be great. Shaun

    • 2 replies
    • 237 views
  11. sheshe
    Started by sheshe,

    Hi there applying to join Tayside and was wondering if any one had the PolicePracticePapers by M.T Cumming for sale? Happy to pay full price.

    • 0 replies
    • 471 views
  12. steve84
    Started by steve84 * ,

    Hi Currently in Royal Navy and considering apply for gmp/lancs police when recruiting opens Does anyone know if i have to submit my notice before i apply. It does seem that it takes around 18months from applying to starting judging by looking around the forum. I know have to submit 12months however generally and especially when recruitment is so high in navy leaving in 1-4months generally is allowed aslong as you are going into another job. Anyone know if my application will even be considered if i dont submit my notice. Cheers

    • 6 replies
    • 820 views
  13. rose
    Started by rose,

    Hi I originally applied to gloucestershire police back in April 08, had AC Oct 08, budget cuts Nov 08, opportunity to move to BTP Bristol in April, accepted, had medical test June 09, provisionally given Dec start date 09. Now everything has gone silent! Ive tried calling recruitment but the whole department has changed people and location, and i can't seem to get any update/info. The problem i have is my present boss is not aware of my application and he wants me to start a 6 mth training course in jan 10. I really don't want to mess him around or waste his money. Has anyone else applied to BTP Bristol or have any further information? Thanks Rose

  14. cruxmea82
    Started by cruxmea82,

    Hi Everyone, Just to let you know I am selling the Standard Entrance Test (SET) Workbooks on ebay. The web-site address is: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MESELX:IT Bidding ends 29 Aug, 2009 11:42:47 BST They're going for half the Recommend Retail Price Excellent study aid and preparation for the SET exams - I passed all 3 papers at East Kilbride this week - thanks to these workbooks. So please feel free to make a bid Cheers C

    • 1 reply
    • 369 views
  15. mtracerz
    Started by mtracerz,

    Im applying for Tayside and have been practicing what my answers to various competency questions will be. Is there anyone on here with good knowledge of what is required that could have a quick look over my answers to make sure im hitting all the right points? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 421 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.