Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. DCT1546620549
    Started by DCT1546620549,

    Why did you decide to join your respective police force? Oh and before you think I'm farming answers for my application, I'm about 5-6 years off

    • 0 replies
    • 419 views
  2. The Guy from Sunderland
    Started by The Guy from Sunderland,

    Hi, I'm interesting in joining the police when I'm older, however I helped out the BNP in the run-up to the European elections and became a member of their Youth movement, but I'm now out. I was only involved with them for two months, and was drawn in by their "proud to be British" image. I wasn't a paid-up member, would I still be allowed in the police? Thanks.

    • 57 replies
    • 3k views
    The Guy from Sunderland
  3. Pinch2009
    Started by Pinch2009,

    Hi Guys, Complete newbie here with a question....should i worry?? I have just completed my medical and passed no probs. Everything is fine with my application and all stages passed! however, i recieved a call today from Force recruitment advising me that October intake is now not available neither is Jan, feb maybe march!!!! So therefore i am looking at a May date for intake into GMP?!? Is this something to worry about, as as you can imagine i'm gutted, but thats like 8 months away?!?! Surely my application can't be held until then...can it? Any help on this would be great and appreciated. Thank you

    • 7 replies
    • 647 views
  4. Steve.H
    Started by Steve.H * ,

    Hi, I am at the point where I am planning to apply to join, the MOD police, but as I have just settled in a new house I don't really want to move, unless absolutely necessary. Therefore, if my application were successful, would I will be able to work within commuting distance from my current address. I know an application to the civilian police is made to a specific force, but I am unsure how it works for the MOD police. Can anybody help?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    As you probably know, the west mid's fitness is different to the rest with its assault course instead of the beep test. Has anyone here done the west mid's one? Ive heard its really hard, but also that my gran could do it! What am I to expect? Thanks in advance!

    • 1 reply
    • 154 views
  6. Trouble01
    Started by Trouble01,

    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help? One of my colleagues is starting her police officer training with the Met soon, she hasn't done the bleep since her day two. and I said I would email her a copy of the bleep test. I have noticed that there is a link on this forum for the bleep, but cannot figure out how to attach it to email. Help please.

    • 3 replies
    • 205 views
  7. mike.3223
    Started by mike.3223,

    Anyone else been told they are starting on october 12th? Im yet to find someone who iis! Mike

    • 1 reply
    • 291 views
  8. scottishchicky
    Started by scottishchicky,

    I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a reasonable priced pair of Ladies Parade Shoes, I noticed on other posts that people mentioned that Asda sell them for around £12 - went and had a look but they only do mens and don't start until a size 7. Please help Lesley

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  9. Amigo1546620440
    Started by Amigo1546620440,

    Heya, Just wondeing if anyone has heard back from TVP intitial application yet. I was initially told 8 weeks, then i was then told end of july, now when i rang its end of this month start of next. I know some people have heard and others havn't. Has anyone got news recently or are there a bunch of us still waiting...? Ami

    • 0 replies
    • 215 views
    Amigo1546620440
  10. topcat2106

    Hi, I had passed everything including my pre joining day, to then attend my medical which seemed to be going swimmingly, when I was informed at the end of it, that because I have previously suffered from depression that i would have to see their psychologist before they would clear me. I understand why they might need to do this, what i don't understand is why they waited until the very last minute to tell me this, esoecially as they had given me a start date and a station. Has anyone else been in this situation, and if so any suggestions or info they think might help. Cheers

    • 19 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. GeneralGinger
    Started by GeneralGinger,

    Just wanted to get a quick oversight from the smokers hear, now im not a heavy smoker id say only about 3-4 a day but i still can sprint half a mile full out before having to lessen the pase and it dosent take me forever to get my breath back, just wondering what impact it has on other people hear... Many thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 659 views
  12. PS11
    Started by PS11 * ,

    HI I just passed my assessment centre! Now i have medical and vetting forms to complete. I am slightly worried as in the past 12 months i have had 5 sickness occurrences, totalling to 5.5 days off in total. The letter states that only 3 occurences with upto a total of 9 days off is acceptable. How does this affect my chances of getting past the medical and vetting checks? Am super worried now! Many thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 207 views
  13. Mike798184
    Started by Mike798184,

    Has anyone any idea when Notts Police will be taking on new recruits in the next 12 months? I am currently waiting for a fitness date so I have a way to go yet in the whole process. I'm not entirely sure how the whole intake process happens. Can anyone shed some light on it for me? Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 314 views
  14. DCT1546620549
    Started by DCT1546620549,

    Are there any specific allergies that stop you from applying to the police? I've used the search function but couldn't find specific info on it. Thanks again guys

    • 6 replies
    • 249 views
  15. thecairns
    Started by thecairns * ,

    Hi Folks, I have just received a letter inviting me to take the above tests. The pack they sent out included a past paper for each element....does anyone have any advice on sitting this particular test? I have tried the past papers and have passed them all, although didn't do that great in the Information Handling one! Also, any advice on Critical Thinking? Do they test for anything else at this stage, ie fitness/bmi etc or is it only the SET and Critical Thinking? Please help!! Want to prepare as much as possible....Cheers xxx

    • 0 replies
    • 126 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.