Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
murph , hope you dont mind me posting this topic, just havent heard from you for a while have you heard anything regarding your appeal ?? everyone is rooting for you !! keep us posted
-
- 10 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Maybe a re-post but can anyone advise where I can find a list of constabularies and the pass mark they hold? Any help is much appreciated.
-
paying 900 squid for a mortgage in brum for the house we live in just now. not a bustin lot of equity to play with. Seven years left in the job, would the hassle of selling up and learning my craft anew justify a desire to police in the northern constabulary? IU have to say that the risk of working on the islands troubles me as the whole move would be contingent on working in or near Inverness. if not my other half's work would be jeopardised. is it all too little too late, the temptation to wait til post retirement to relocate is strong at the mo especially as I have a doozy of a job just now. this looks like I have answered my own question but I am interest…
-
- 0 replies
- 499 views
- 1 follower
-
-
HI there, Wonder if anyone can help. I passed my assessment centre at the start of July and sent back my medical quest soon after receiving my resilts...lets say end of july. I am currently awaiting vetting and meical clearance before being issued a fitness date. The force I have applied for in TVP...can anyone give any time advice to how long I will waiting b4 a date? Anyone been through this process recently with TVP. Thanks dana_owen
-
Hi, I am new to all this but just wondered if anyone has a day 1 assessment for the MPS on the 3rd of August? I am mega nervous and it would be great to hear from someone else who is attending on the day! Thanks Chris
-
- 25 replies
- 856 views
- 3 followers
-
-
I have my pcso day 1 assessment in less than a week, and i have been on holiday and have realised that i cannot find my information pack that was sent to me, i sent off the important letter before i went away which was essential for me to keep my place. Now i am stuck because i dont have my information pack which will help me to prepare and tell me what i need to bring with my on the day. I sent 2 e-mails to HR requesting for another pack but so far they have not got back to me! Does anyone know what i could possibly do? HELP!
-
I am seriously considering a major career change. I've pretty much one hundred percent decided to apply for the Specials and eventually the regulars. There is however a problem when looking at my employment history. I have been a Cameraman in TV News for over ten years. I've worked full time for three companies and Freelanced for many more. The problem I have is that if one looks at my employment history from a standard perspective then many gaps would apparently show up. This is absolutely NORMAL for self-employed freelancers in my line of work. Will these periods prejudice my application? I've also been in receipt of unemployment and housing benefit at various time…
-
- 0 replies
- 587 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys. This is my first post so thought I'd take this opportunity to say hi to everyone! Been reading the forum for a while now so decided to take the plunge and join. Anyway, I just thought I would share my experiences so far and to ask if anyone else has had a simalarly difficult time in getting accepted to the Police. Being from N. Ireland (as my name would suggest!), I applied for the PSNI several times upon leaving school. They employ a 50-50 rule, whereby 50% of all succesful applicants must be from the Roman Catholic community, and 50% from "everyone else". Falling into the "everyone else" category, I was in a position where I passed every …
-
- 5 replies
- 539 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello again. Right, as I've stated before I am 17 years old and I am not 18 untill december. I've recentley rung up my nearist college that does the course and they've told me I can get on the course in January because by then I would be 18. I've been intrested in this course because It gives you more or less everything you need help in to give you that extra boost in joining the Police Force and at the end of it if you pass, you may get an application form for the Metropolitan Police. I was just wondering, has anyone done this course or know of anyone that has? What is the course like? What does it contain of? Is it challenging? just some detail of it please, it'd b…
-
Hey there, i completed and emailed the competency based questionairre for the July/August intake with the GMP and haven't heard anything. Not even an email confirming that they'd received the application. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Thanks.
-
- 1 reply
- 825 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hiya I start training for merseyside on the 7th Sept....My question is on the 2nd day/evening of training your sware an oath and you can have family and friends come watch you take this in the ceremony. Will we be wearin our uniform that we get on the 1st day or our own clothes...if so then is it our best uniform because ive only bought boots for training so far... Thanks
-
- 8 replies
- 736 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, Reconvention in the middle of October, been through the notes, but just not going in. What is it that I really need to know? Trying to ram in as many definitions as possible.
-
Hi all I'm hoping someone can help with a small issue i have! On 24-11-02 i made the very stupid mistake of getting into my car after having a small drink.I was caught and received a 12 month and a £150 fine. I am now 26 and would love a job in any of the three emergency services.As my wife as just quilified as a occupational therapist i can now afford to quit my "dead end job" and attend course's to give me a head start. As i understand a DR10 stays on your driving licence for 11 years from date of conviction?? How does it work on the police records database?? Once the 11years are up does that mean i no longer need to declare it?? Or will a CRB check always show my mo…
-
- 4 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm sure this question has been answered before, but on searching I couldn't find anything. I understand you have to wait six months between applications. Does this mean you can't apply to the same force for six months, or does it mean you can't apply to any force for six months? For example, could I apply for North Yorkshire Police in August, get rejected in Septemer, and apply for South Yorkshire Police October, or do I have to wait six months despite it being two different forces I'm applying for? Thanks! Jamie
-
- 1 reply
- 726 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I hope someone can help me. I recently applied to work in the FCR as a dispatcher, passed all the interviews and was given a conditional offer. I received a letter from occupational health asking for me to send a Doctor's report as I declared I'd had problems with anxiety and depression when I was younger. I'm 22 now and these problems were when I was 14-18, I've had no anxiety for 4 years and am completely free of medication and treatment. I sent this report to them around 2 weeks ago. Since then I've had a call inviting me to my uniform fitting, I asked at the time if everything was ok and the HR lady told me they were just waiting for one more secur…
-
- 2 replies
- 572 views
- 1 follower
-