Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. magico72
    Started by magico72,

    Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of any application issues surrounding old CCJ's? I've a couple from years ago, just after Uni in 96. I also have small student loans which I am paying off SLOWLY! Just wondering if these issues will prejudice my Specials application. Looking to apply full time to the Met when they open a new recruitment window... will my OLD CCJ's prejudice this? This is my first post so forgive me if I'm duplicating other threads. Cheers.

    • 0 replies
    • 521 views
  2. rabz1000
    Started by rabz1000,

    Does any one know how the letter is worded that recruitment send to your current employer for a final reference before giving you a final start date ? my boss has know idea that I have come so far in the recruitment process and don't want him to know how close to leaving I am (possibly a september start)in case he wants to be really be an ass a give a negative reference. Recruitment contacted me today to ask permission to contact my current employer ?

    • 6 replies
    • 2.9k views
  3. lfcgirk9
    Started by lfcgirk9,

    Hello eveyone. I have been wanting to get in to the police for some years now and applied for the PCSO to gain experience for the police but didn't get in as I need more life experience. I am thinking of going straight for the police now. I have been worrying for some time about the shift pattern I may get as my boyfriend works a 9-5 monday to friday. Going by the shift patterns that I have seen I would have most my rest days when he was at work during the week and could be able to see him every evening one week but then not at all the next week. I would be very gratefull for some help. Do kent police officers have to work weekends? and also Do you kn…

    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
  4. Patrick86
    Started by Patrick86,

    hi folks, passed my medical 26/8/09,was told unoffically that i could be starting in oct by the doc (tayside).Spoke to recruiting and they said im in the recruitment pool waiting for the next intake. Spoke to recruiting and they told me that its looking like jan/feb.ive not had a confirmation letter,uniform fitting and my refrences havent been contacted yet. is there still spaces in oct/nov at tulli. any advise would be great chris

    • 2 replies
    • 646 views
  5. will251
    Started by will251,

    Hi, After Uni i went travelling for 8 months. This has lead to me failing the application proccess because I have been out of the UK in the last 3 years. I never stayed in one place long and was always living in hostels. I never read that this would be a problem anywhere. I really dont want to wait 2 1/2 years before applying again. Anyone got any ideas? Will

    • 5 replies
    • 700 views
  6. Rob_Couch
    Started by Rob_Couch * ,

    Anybody got there assesment at Ryton tomorrow afternoon??

  7. PMC81
    Started by PMC81,

    I applied for the BTP around May time and passed the paper sift and was invited to the AC which was meant to have been last week. Unfortunatley I had to cancel due to happenings in my current employment which I couldnt get out of at all, without telling them I was meant to be going for the AC for the Police - which obv I couldnt do. Question is, can I switch my application to another force, such as the Met??

    • 3 replies
    • 513 views
  8. Springboard
    Started by Springboard,

    Hey All, This is my first post...! I've got my first interview coming up for Strathclyde Police. We were given a brief rundown on how we were to prepare after I passed the SET, but unfortunately I was so nervous that day I really wasn't listening - I was just getting myself psyched for the test; too much adrenaline, I guess! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips? Is it an idea to go speak to a local probationer? Also, what are the competencies and do I need to prepare answers to each of them? Cheers.

    • 12 replies
    • 805 views
    Scotia1546081133
  9. stoatly
    Started by stoatly * ,

    Hello, I'm looking to join the Met Police but I'm having some difficulty. As I understand it, there are advert's for the Met Police Force about recruitment day's but I'm unable to find any anywhere. I just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction or if anyone knows of any recruitment days that are coming up soon? Many thanks.

  10. sten84
    Started by sten84 * ,

    I applied for Lothian and Borders and declared everything to them at the time. Had a couple of minor run-ins with the police when i was younger, nothing serious, and i DO NOT have a criminal record. I was still invited to the SET's, which i passed. I passed the fitness test, and i passed the push / pull test. Was given a medical date, which i passed. I then received a call, from recruitment, inviting me in to HQ for a chat, with a couple of potential issues. So, i went in, discussed the issues i had declared, and they decided they were happy with my answers, and i was ok to continue with the recruitment. I then had my home interview, which again i passed. I was given…

    • 3 replies
    • 697 views
    The Large Portion
  11. ejw4h9
    Started by ejw4h9 * ,

    Hello all! I've been reading on here for quite a time, so I thought I'd make an appearance. I'm American and married to an Austrian and we're residing in England. I'm finishing my studies in Criminal Justice, so I'll have my BS. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the vetting process for foreigners? I have a DWI (drink driving) conviction a few years ago and understand that this will be taken into consideration/prevent my progress. I intend on volunteering this information as I do not intend to exclude anything. However, I'm just curious what the vetting process looks like from their end? Do they go through the American channels to find out my criminal and financi…

    • 7 replies
    • 474 views
  12. nat 84
    Started by nat 84 * ,

    Hi I have got my date for day 2 and I need to select my borough choices- does anyone know what boroughs have the 12 hour shift? I live in Essex so could do with being places this side of London. thanks for your help.

    • 4 replies
    • 847 views
  13. tinkabell
    Started by tinkabell,

    Well everyone, the credit crunch has finally caught up with GMP!! The trainers today advised that instead of their usual 85-95 new recruits per intake, its being reduced to 35!! But heres the real shocker, the assessment pass rate is going to be increased.................. to 80%!! I dont know when this will be implemented, but could effect the applicants that applied recently. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

  14. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    i have rang them twice, and they said no news yet, should i ring again? been about a month i think since i last rang. Been nearly 3 months since the forms were processed, would there be any harm or should i just wait?

    • 2 replies
    • 427 views
  15. popeye doyle
    Started by popeye doyle,

    Hey all. Not sure if im over reacting but i'll ask for advice anyway. So here we go. Im currently near the end of my recruitment process, ive passed all recruitment stages and have a provisional start date for October 19th. I'm actually expecting a official start date letter next week! Today my dad came in and told me he had just been flashed by a police camera for going over a red light. I imagine that its going to be a standard 3 points and a fine. Now heres where i'm a bit unsure of??? As i have already passed my vetting, and disclosed all relevant information at the time, do i need to contact vetting again telling them about my dads new driving conviction??? …

    • 7 replies
    • 565 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.