Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. aral777
    Started by aral777,

    Hi, Does anyone know if there is any section housing still offered by GMP? Thanks

  2. DCT1546620549
    Started by DCT1546620549,

    Hi guys. I'm currently in college (almost 17) and I was wondering if there is anything I can do that will help my chances of getting in when I eventually apply. I'm getting consistently high grades at school and I'm hoping to go on for a degree but are there any other aspects that recruiters look for when going through applications? Thanks,

    • 8 replies
    • 684 views
  3. RMP1
    Started by RMP1,

    Was wondering if anyone can help me with this query? I've passed everything but am on medical hold due to slight hearing loss in 1 ear discovered in medical (1st I'd realised & never affected me as far as I'm aware). Application's stalled whilst waiting for appointments on NHS wtih GP, nurse, consultant. etc. Spoke to recruiting today & they've told me Occ Health just waiting to see what consultant says before they can proceed one way or the other woth my application. According to Home Office Circular on medical standards my hearing's ok by their guidelines & even if it wasn't they suggest doing a 'field test' on me using radio/phone/whatever. Query is (bein…

    • 1 reply
    • 371 views
  4. MancSprock
    Started by MancSprock,

    Hi guys, Can't believe we've been in the job for a week! How's Phase 1, Wk1 gone for everyone?? I thought it's been pretty well paced!

    • 3 replies
    • 880 views
    Blandy1545925609
  5. jhill
    Started by jhill,

    Just got back my results from Day 1 Assessment and I am devastated to find out I failed on the written communication aspect of the assessment. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> I somehow managed to achieve 0% on the written communication part. I got a D grade on the Verbal logical reasoning part which I felt was my strongest part. Does anyone know what level of scoring I would have got to achieve such a low grade? In the practice questions I was quite easily obtaining 70%. Also I does anyone know how they assess the written communication aspect of the report writing? I achieved D in both of …

    • 7 replies
    • 3.4k views
  6. DCT1546620549
    Started by DCT1546620549,

    Hey guys, I'm shortsighted to a degree (just) where I cannot enter any force in the police, so the only option I have is laser eye surgery. Are there any serving or ex-coppers (or anyone really) that has had experience with laser eye surgery, known anyone who has had it, has any reccomendations, or just anything to say on the matter really. Also, if, say, the surgery was completely successful, would I be allowed to undergo firearms training or would I be restricted? Many thanks, Dan

    MadDogs&Englishmen
  7. AlexLeppo
    Started by AlexLeppo,

    I've just sent off my Police Officer application form for Cheshire and wondering a few things: *How long is it usually until I hear anything back? *How long is the gap from the application form to the assessment centre? *Is there anyway I can begin preparing for the next stage of the recruitment process, and if so how? If these have been answered before just point me in the right direction Thanks :smiley_notworthy:

    • 2 replies
    • 353 views
  8. Jodes
    Started by Jodes,

    Is anyone here booked in for this date? I am and I would be interested to know how you are preparing for the A/C. I have a couple of books and thankfully know a couple of people that have just started in TVP and the MET, so I have been given alot of advise. What I hear alot is, 'It is not as bad as you think it is going to be', which does not calm my nerves in the slightest. It would be good to know I am not alone :)

    • 20 replies
    • 508 views
  9. nath1976
    Started by nath1976,

    Has anyone out there applied for Kent Police in their recent recruitment campaign? I applied and found out in January that I passed the paper sifting stage but that I would have to wait to hear about briefing and assessment centre dates due to the high number of applicants and am still waiting. I've heard through friends that some people they know have been given dates. Has anyone else heard anything yet or are they also still playing the waiting game?

  10. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    I was meant to be on the 7th Sept intake for the MET. I had a skiing accident in January 2009 and needed a cortisone injection to kill the pain.Unfortunately the injection has now worn off and I had to go and see the consultant again today. He has recommended that I have an operation and should get the operation by the end of the year. Best case scenario is that I will be off for 6 weks. Worse case is 6 onths. It all depends what he finds.Am I being realistic in me getting in the MET? My time line is on my signature. JOHN

  11. Diellur
    Started by Diellur * ,

    Hello all. I'm knew to the forum and was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions on the application form. 1) Are you limited to the 2 continuation sheets? I have a large address and employment history, which isn't leaving much space for the Special Skills section. 2) Which leads me to my next point. Is it best to bullet-point this section with a summary of your skills and where you got them, or write in sentences / paragraphs? Thanks for any and all help.

    • 7 replies
    • 690 views
    Scotia1546081133
  12. Kingsnake
    Started by Kingsnake,

    I am based in Scotland and recently passed my assesment day and fitness test and was put forward for a final panel interview. From the feedback i passed all the elements fairly comfortably. However, i have just had a call from occupational health saying that they won't be progressing my application due to the depression i have suffered over the past 4years. Since 2005 i have been prescribed a low dosage of anti-depressant, never had any low moods and have never been off work due to my illness. For an organisation that embraces diversity at all levels i believe i am being discriminated against. I believe everybody should be assessed individually and everybody should be giv…

  13. rodmunch
    Started by rodmunch * ,

    hi there folks, could anyone please give any tips or helpful advice for the final selection panel interview for D&G police. Am looking up info all about force but don't want to be caught out on anything!!! any advice would be greatly welcomed. thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 155 views
  14. Phonics

    Hi Guys, I was just wondering if anyone who passed fitness test/medical etc in April had heard on start dates for Devon and Cornwall yet? Cheers Dan

  15. jfromnorfolk
    Started by jfromnorfolk,

    I start my training in a couple weeks and have been looking into magnum boots. I just wanted some opinions on these i found: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=280142898710 Would these be ok, or are the higher legged ones better? Cheers J

    • 18 replies
    • 2.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.