Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Chris321
    Started by Chris321,

    Just like to say if anyone is considering applying, but feel like you may be too young, fear not! I'm 18 Years old, 19 in December, I applied in Febuary, two months after my 18th birthday and I found out today that I am on track for a start date in October, November. Not saying this to be big headed but when I first considered applying all I had was, 'No Offence mate, you have no chance' off alot of people, but also I had a lot of reasurance off some people and some invaluable advice. Would just like to say Thank You to everyone who helped me get as far as I have and if anyone has any questions or feel in a simular position as I did feel free to ask! Cheers, CJ

  2. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    Why do so many people fail the application form i heard that 80% of people just fail the application stage, do you think its down to not understanding the competencies or people just think hey ill try the police and just put down any answer, I am not being negative or anything Just wondering, Sam

    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. bstevens
    Started by bstevens,

    Hi all, has anyone applied for herts police? I have just passed my medical, all that's left is the fitness test and i should hopefully be starting training in January 2010. It'll be good to hear from anyone else in the same boat.

  4. jp2uk1546620308
    Started by jp2uk1546620308,

    Yo guys, Just registered to attend sometime that day. any feedback on whos going and when.... May be able to see each other however cant think people will be shouting out many names from on here, HAHAHA!!!, but maybe we will sort of see each other... JP

    • 30 replies
    • 2.4k views
    jp2uk1546620308
  5. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, I start with West Midlands Police on the 7th of September. I'm starting to complete the workbook, but it seems like its all the wrong way around? I started going through the CD/ROM part but i got annoyed by all the moving animations and random pictures, so decided to change and go through using the PDF workbook on screen and completing the handbook (the 81 page book that i printed off), but they seem it completly the wrong order. I'll read through a section and it'll mention an exercise to complete thats halfway through the handbook, but doesn't tell you which page etc its on. Am i doing something wrong, feel like i have the wrong material or something.......... D…

    • 2 replies
    • 700 views
    worzel1546620371
  6. kevin85
    Started by kevin85,

    i want to write this post to firstly advise everyone that if they feel they have been unfairly rejected in vetting tht they must appeal !! Secondly to commend vetting of the metropolitan police for taking the time and effort to assess my file and invite me in for an interview...then deciding to accept my appeal and let me in ( what a moment ) If you have a case and your are honest throughout about everything then eventually you will be accepted. To anyone who has failed vetting and it has come as a total shock....appeal !! eventually your true character and integrity will come out!!

  7. BIG DUNC
    Started by BIG DUNC,

    got an email today and it said that my start date for essex will prob be a year from now if i pass the vetting.gutted or what.they said the number ref you get at the top of your letter is where you prob are in the cue like mine is 76##.

  8. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    Hi all. I had my medical yesterday and I failed my hearing test. This was a massive shock to me as although I have previously had a burst ear drum (all healed now but with scaring) I feel I can hear just fine. I have slight tinnitus too but It doesn't bother me. I really feel I can hear everything perfect. When I did my test yesterday I felt so Ill. I felt sick, had a migraine and my glands were up. The nurse said she didn't want to fail me so has sent me to see a specialist as she said that her equipment was quite old and basic. She also said my glands could have been part of the problem. I'm so very worried that I have come this far and that its all going to go to piece…

  9. amo

    hi ive got my SET/ fitness coming up on tuesday for Strathclyde ive been training away in the gym and was really sure that ill make the 1.5m within the 12mins, but i went for a run with my iphone that got an app "run keeper" that keeps tracks of your runs. To my suprise i only managed 1.56m in 12.48mins, clearly that not good enough. Ive already failed the SET 2 times though nearly five years ago, this time im confidant ill pass the SET but not sure if i should now risk the run, So basically need to know if i was to pass the SET but to fail the fitness will it be my final attempt or is the fitness seen as separate. Many thanks for any info/ advice p.s. does any one kn…

    Cicero1546620526
  10. shrimp
    Started by shrimp,

    Hey everyone, Anybody able to give some info on what finchley section housing is like? Had a browse through other similar topics but wanted to know more specifically :) Thanks Shrimp

    • 12 replies
    • 1.6k views
  11. Nutter
    Started by Nutter,

    OK well, I'm 18 next September, and i plan on trying to join the police force, but according to a social working or w/e they are, the police don't take on people this young (18). Evan though that's the minimum age, Can anyone help me out here? Any/All information u can give me will be Greatly appreciated Edit: i have no criminal record or anything, only a Section 59 :) thanks

    • 18 replies
    • 1.8k views
    jp2uk1546620308
  12. ssgt
    Started by ssgt,

    I have my Final Interview Board in late August and I was just wondering what things I should look at? Ive looked at the following:- Information about the force Objectives & Values Initiatives, Partnerships and Advice provided by the force My competency examples Policing pledge About the community (Largest ethnic groups etc) Recent news about the force Does anyone have any other ideas that might help? Regards

    • 3 replies
    • 452 views
    Cicero1546620526
  13. af1
    Started by af1,

    Hi i originally applied for a pc role, handed my application in a few days before my wedding, so around 20th september had my day 1 in january, 3 days after my baby boy was born.. very tired adjusting at home etc. so i failed on my reading and writing. Received a letter a little later offering me a PCSO position jumped at the chance and had my pcso day 2 on the 9th of April (i think) handed in my notice at work (bit hasty), waited 8 weeks (we were told at the end of the day 2 that it would take 8 weeks) phoned up they said that i was still going through vetting, started a job to keep me going in about may and kept phoning recrutment, who wernt really that much help... o…

    • 1 reply
    • 412 views
    bristol bouncer
  14. swpcso
    Started by swpcso,

    Hi I wonder if anyone on here could shed some light on my situation. I applied to Gwent police in 2007 and since then have literally jumped through hoops for them. I have passed 2 paper sifts ,one assessment centre and then after being led to believe that my application would not be progressed received a telephone call out of the blue asking me to attend an interview two days later. Being eager to become a police officer I readily accepted and attended at the interview where I was required to deliver a presentation (topic revealed on the day) and a competency based interview. The panel was the deputy chief constable ,an inspector and a member od the HR dept. One …

  15. jamieg666
    Started by jamieg666,

    Hi I am in the process of filling in my met application form and am stuck on the family section. I know who my father is but thats it, I do not have any other details other than his name and my partner dosn't even have this for her father. So do i just fill in the fields i know and leave the rest blank, or do i fill in the fields i know and write unknown in the rest. I called the number for recruitment but 40 minutes later had not got through. only have this left and can send the app off. jamie

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.