Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Just Hector
    Started by Just Hector,

    In this section we're all going through the Transfer and/or Rejoin process for one reason or another. There most be one or two things that you liked about the Force you're leaving. You know things that made sense and helped. You know you're going to say those words in the new Force when you spot something that prompts a WIWI... "When I Was In ( insert previous Force name here ). My last Force was GMP before leaving to join the real world for a spell and subsequently coming back to the Met again. Here are some of the things that I liked about GMP albeit four years ago; Dog handlers attached to Response teams. Scratchpads on the computer that everyone could read and com…

    • 2 replies
    • 826 views
  2. jz101
    Started by jz101,

    Hi, Can anyone provide me with any information on how I would go about transferring my Essex police A/C score to the met. I achieved a high enough pass mark to be eligible for both forces. The problem is I have just been told I may be waiting a long, long time to start with Essex, due to budgets. Anything upto march 2013. Already been waiting over a year now. It would make no difference location wise as I live on the border of London and Essex. Anyone else looking to do the same or anyone who has taken this route into the police? Do I need to wait until the met opens up recruitment again? Any help would be great! Cheers JZ101

    • 5 replies
    • 487 views
  3. sweetsoutar
    Started by sweetsoutar,

    My file is finally complete and everythin is passed and finally done! Just no that it goes for final security....any way i could fail on this part if ive passed everythin else? Im so close and can taste the start date which they said will be next month if it gets cleared. On the website it states: next they apply for security clearance on your behalf from the Security Service. So just seein if anyone no's if i can fail this final bit?? Thanks

  4. Benj08
    Started by Benj08,

    Hi, Just wondering if anyone else has a Talking Blues course this Sunday or has got their AC for GMP on 20th August, Ben

    • 0 replies
    • 249 views
  5. KiftyGTI6
    Started by KiftyGTI6,

    Need some help. Considering I get through med, fitness, vetting. I would like some advice on which division to choose for West Mercia. They phoned me the other day and I chose Hereford however, I ain't sure. Also will they let me change now I have cjosen Hereford? Advice would be apreciated thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 324 views
  6. krycerz
    Started by krycerz,

    Hello gents and ladies I hope you can answer my question but I am unsure whether the question should have been posted in different section of the forum, anyway. Three weeks ago I had my day 1 for PC at Hendon. Moreover, I've been waiting for over four weeks for results and got 54% no D's in RRD, so I missed it by 1%. I had 67% in RRD, 93% oral and 33% in Written. I was really annoyed. To makes things better last September I applied to the MET for special position, I achieved 53% which was great because pass mark was 50% BUT I failed on RRD - 34%, 100% oral and 76% Written. I was in tears. This time I worked on my RRD and as you see was great but I can beat that I fa…

    • 7 replies
    • 691 views
  7. Tiger1545925605
    Started by Tiger1545925605,

    Hi Just wondering, how do the Met normally contact you if you've been successful to interview stage? Is it via email or letter? I initally had my assessment and was communicated via email and now they've said a letter is in the post so I am worried it's a "sorry" letter about the next stage. thanks for any help

    Tiger1545925605
  8. phil381546620193
    Started by phil381546620193,

    Hi, Is anybody applying to central scotland or has applied to it recently? I have failed a/c last august so Im up again for soon. Phil

    • 3 replies
    • 167 views
    GFC Central *
  9. hannahlmorgs
    Started by hannahlmorgs,

    Hi there, can anyone help me? I have recently passed both assesments for the Met and am now to the reference check/vetting stage. I am a little bit worried as I have spent a few years working on board a cruise ship so have not been in the country. I worked for a large, reputable company that can account for me for all the time I have been away. Does anyone know if this will be a problem to my application, or increase the vetting period or worst case, cause me to fail vetting? Many thanks in advance for your advice...

    • 8 replies
    • 587 views
  10. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, Its crunch time i have a start date with West Midlands Police for the 7th of September, and i have to hand my notice in tomorrow. I'm really having second thoughts about joining. It's all i've been thinking about for the last week, i'm worried that i'll make the wrong decisions in some situations, not being able to deal with people hurling abuse at me all the time, worried i wont be able to 'handle' myself and the impact it will have on my life (some people instantly disliking you because of your job, unpredictible hours etc). I'm about to email recruitment to see if there is any chance i could be put onto the following induction. Not sure if i should come clean abou…

    • 35 replies
    • 2.1k views
  11. Catherine1546620529
    Started by Catherine1546620529 * ,

    Hi there, im due to start at tulli on the 7th September, anyone else? I am from just north of Inverness and i went to get parade shoes yesterday thinking it would be fairly straight forward but then went to Slaters (A formal dress shop) and the only pair of parade shoes they had were £100 which i thought was quite steep. Can anyone suggest any good places to get them? and is this the usual price? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The gathering of everything you need is quite stressful!! Cat

  12. BIG DUNC
    Started by BIG DUNC,

    did any body do there fitness on the 27th of june 09 and has anybody any nearer a start date yet.i dont know what to do about booking a holiday yet.iv got family and they want to go away but knowing my luck il prob get a letter to start while im away.i cant put my life on hold.iv phoned essex but no nearer knowing a date yet.

  13. bennyboy_760
    Started by bennyboy_760,

    Passed my medical on Tuesday, so pleased. Feels like its taken ages to get this far, although reading the other threads its pretty normal to wait a year to get this far. Anybody else in the same boat as me? Does anybody know when I may be likely to hear from them as to when I may get a conditional offer? I read on another thread that Essex have start dates almost every month up until christmas, so im hoping it will be soon.

  14. Neri1983
    Started by Neri1983,

    Hello, this is a question for all those who have taken a final interview and all those facing one. How many situations are you taking (or have taken) into the final interview to meet the compentency questions?

    • 4 replies
    • 318 views
  15. KiftyGTI6
    Started by KiftyGTI6,

    Hi Just going through my vetting forms. When my fiance decides to tell me she has an outstanding mobile phone bill she did not pay before I met her. Would this effect me in the vetting process? thanks P.S. Will be making her phone the company tomorrow to arrange some sort of payment.

    • 6 replies
    • 798 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.