Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Charlie Snooks

    I done my day 2 assessment in june and still have not heard anything? I spoke to the recruitment line today and they said all the dates are fully booked right up till April 2010!! Has anyone heard any thing different? Charlie.

    • 4 replies
    • 619 views
    Charlie Snooks
  2. Jarlak
    Started by Jarlak,

    Hello I've been tasked with learning the Highway Code for an initial test. I'm a bit lost amongst the 307 rules and 144 pages of the little green book. As a police officer, and moreso, as a student officer, which are the main areas I need to be spending my time learning? I'm guessing it's things like speed, stopping distance, alcohol limits etc. Things which are common offences on the roads. Thanks in advance.

  3. jk86
    Started by jk86,

    Hi there, I was hoping someone could help me with a bit of advice. I am currently applying to the met, just completed my day 1 and awaiting my results nervously! However, I may need to leave my job in the next month or so and possibly move address. I was just wondering, if am successful at day 1 and the remainder of the process, what likely impact changing jobs and/or home will have on the vetting and reference process. I expect it will cause a delay, but will it have any other affects? Has anyone else had a similar experience? Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 251 views
  4. helloitsme
    Started by helloitsme * ,

    Who else was there with me? Hope you are all feeling good today. (I was the girl with the bad ankles that nearly flopped during the bleep test) - Just an update on that note. Turns out I have suspected minor stress fractures and yep, am on crutches. Not a good look!! That'll teach me to run with the wrong shoes on! But at least I got through it.

    • 2 replies
    • 150 views
  5. jfromnorfolk
    Started by jfromnorfolk,

    Ok so im in my law training phase at the moment. I have the PACE book, which has all the codes A-G outlined. But where for example do i quickly find the different sections such as section 24- Powers of arrest? Cheers J

    • 0 replies
    • 570 views
  6. ceej
    Started by ceej,

    Hi Guys, Can anyone give me any info regarding the accomodation that is available at Hendon for the first few weeks of training? I live in North Essex so would obviously need to move closer, and I was just wondering what my options are? Cheers

  7. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    so i have my met police application form. now, firstly. i'm sorry if this has been has been asked a million times already. i DID search, couldnt find anything specific enough to answer my particular question. for the references, my form states firstly that my reference should prefferably be employers. fine. but then it states that i should have known my references for "at least 3 years". i'm 25, i can honestly say that i have never known any employer for that long! i have been working for my current company for two years! anybody been in this situation? what did you do? also, when listing past emplyment, do i have to give exact dates? personally, this is impossi…

    • 9 replies
    • 687 views
  8. PMC81
    Started by PMC81,

    got my AC tomorrow, and getting the train from London to Coventry but understand I'd need to get a taxi from there to Ryton? Does anyone know how longs this takes and rough cost?

    • 2 replies
    • 362 views
  9. GeneralGinger
    Started by GeneralGinger,

    OKay i dont know of what relevance this topic will be to people however im sure someone can find something usefull from it. Just got back about an hour ago from edinbrough where i met the Lothian and borders recruiting team and had a good hour long chat with them about various issues ranging from Interview procedure to general policing and i can say they were more than helpfull, plenty of experiance floting about with 5 inspecters, 1 sergent and a number of constables evan the Deputy chief constable was presant so i gained a huge insite into the Policing and recruitment issues up there and must say it was well worth the £200+ Travel fees, so i strongly urge anyone who …

    • 2 replies
    • 307 views
  10. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    HI, Got my seminar with West Midlands Police this Tuesday (11/08/09), has anyone thats been recently advise what happens? Its quite a long evening (3hrs) so just wandering what goes on..... I'm taking pen, paper (for notes) and the letters enclosed in my induction pack. Is there anything else that i should take? Cheers, Dan

    • 0 replies
    • 318 views
    Borat1546620039
  11. kirstie12345
    Started by kirstie12345 * ,

    I've got my assessment day 2 with the MET on 04/09/09 and have a few queries... Is there a grip test with the MET? And a woman i spoke to over the phone at the recruitment centre mentioned something about joggin on the spot? ... though she wasn't too sure. I have been told you can have three attempts at the fitness test.... does this mean three attempts on the day or at later dates? (sorry probably a silly question i just want to clarify it) Would really appreciate my clueless questions answered :) thanks kirstie

  12. vtecladek
    Started by vtecladek,

    Hi all, Are we supposed to get the results within 2 weeks of last A/C or after 2 weeks? Meaning by 31/07/09 or after?

    • 13 replies
    • 430 views
  13. tinkabell
    Started by tinkabell,

    Hey Everyone, Please please can someone help me!! Im in urgent need of the text from page 203 & 204 from blackstones first aid book before monday. If your able to help please could you post the text on here or scan the pages (ill forward you my email address). I know its short notice but if anyone is able to help i would be eternally greatful. Thank you in advance R xxx

    • 4 replies
    • 752 views
  14. arsenal09
    Started by arsenal09 * ,

    Hi all, Attended assessement centre for Northamptonshire a few backs nearly now. Could someone confirm assessment passmark. On website, it advises 60%. In my initial interview I was told 50%. Could anyone confirm?

    • 1 reply
    • 144 views
  15. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Is anyone else? Im hoping there are things to do after work, as I don't know anyone, I don't know the area, and I don't want to be bored to death! Can anyone give me some information about Sedgely Park? What goes on etc? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 873 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.