Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi can anyone tell me west Yorkshire recruitment process is it the same as gmp.
-
iv just had my medical for essex last week.does anybody know when the new intake date is or how long before i should know if every thing was a ok.im a special with the met at the mo but looking forward to starting with essex.
-
- 0 replies
- 300 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, I am new to this forum but just wanted to ask a quick question. I received notification from TVP at the end of Jan that I had passed Day 1 and I have still not heard anything about the Fitness test (Nearly end of March now). I was just wondering, roughly how long does it take between passing Day 1 and receiving notification of your fitness date? I am aware that there are 2 per month for TVP. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. :)
-
Hello, just wondered about this scenario in an interview question. It's a tricky one. You are a police officer and your mate purchases fake DVD's. What do you do? Do you report him straight away? or offer him advice, warn him that it is illegal and urge him to destroy them and stop handling the fakes? The first option could show disloyalty and the second which I'm leaning towards is still essentially turning a blind eye to someone breaking the law. Any advice is appreciated as always, I'll owe all the members of this forum a pint if I pass!!! Thanks.
-
First of all I would like to say congratulations to everyone of us who is due to start next Monday. We all know what a long, stressfull process this has been, but we are there now, we have done it We may do something similar to this during training, so I thought I would get everyone's grey matter working beforehand, so here goes: What are your hopes &/or fears for the coming months etc? Is there anything that is particularly bothering you or anything that you can't wait to get stuck into? etc....... Lets use this thread to help eachother through any possible headaches & worries & share all the good times during our training phases. If any serving officers…
-
Hi Just wondered if anyone knows or has been through this before, I have passed interview, a/c, i was offered conditional job, references and medical are ok, but just a bit worried about the vetting, i have been told that it is basic vetting and no finance check, which i thought was very odd, as i wont be handling money, then i was told i don't need to have a financial check done, the only thing i am waiting for now is my vetting CRB checks.. this is why i am a bit worried. I do not have anything against my name never been in trouble before, however my brother around 7 years ago in his youth .. to cut a long story short.. was arrested for perverting the course of Jus…
-
Hi, Got to arrange my uniform fitting tomorrow so will need a pair of boots soon. I dideally want to try them on before buying, can anyone recommend somewhere that sells Magnums and the like in Shropshire ideally Shrewsbury or Telford? Or anywhere in Birmingham or Wolverhampton (have seen some recommendations here but cant find the dam post). Any help would be great. Dan
-
Anyone know what information they go through and how deep in your family they check... none of my immediate family have anything against them and neither do I, but unsure of my extended family. Cheers
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
...Obviously I have to pass day 2 first! Thought this thread may help people wanting to know how long it takes to start training once day 1 and day 2 are passed. Appreciate this it down to personal circumstances e.g. number of references needed, medical history, complications with vetting etc but no one is able to give even an average time. So i will start... Stu No1 Passed Day one: 22nd June Day 2 Booked: 6th August Start date: Not sure yet Cheers Stuart
-
I read an article in the news section of the forum, where someone had suggested MET has re-opened recruitment http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=36271, so went to the MET careers site and Police could you and this info appears to be correct! http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/officers/po_vacancies.php http://www.met.police.uk/careers/new_constable.html Notice the text at the bottom of the MET site has changed to - Police Officer recruitment activity is limited. Recruitment activity is advertised in press, online and radio. Applications can only be obtained in direct response to an advertisement. So it would appear the rumour is true, I know a lot of p…
-
- 54 replies
- 8.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello My case is a bit complicated or it might be not for others. I have recently decided to apply to the police. However, I have a nagging thought going round my head and need to solve it in case I am wasting anyones time. In 2006 I had an altercation wth my ex partner as I decided that the realtionship should end. She became hysterical and started to throw things around the house. Things were getting out of control and I decided to phone the police however, she threw the phone out onto the street. To defuse the situation I left the house as she was out of control plus my daughter was getting distressed. This is the biggest mistake I could have done as she made an …
-
hi all, I did my assessment centre on the 5th July, and was told at the end the pass rate would be 60% for my chosen force. I got my results back on the 15th and told that I'd failed by 1%. I found it odd, as there were two more assessment days later on that month on the same intake. I had a phone call earlier today to be told that they have reduced the pass rate, and as such I have been successful after all! and I am to send off the doctors forms to occ. health. has anybody had this happen to them or be told? I don't mind! I was just wondering what happens next with regards to the recruitment thing technically I should be given a date for the fitness soon? many tha…
-
Is there anyone waiting to do the Final Interview? I've been told that it will be in Sept some time. How long is it generally until you get the letter calling you forward for it etc with a date? Does the application process speed up that bit more once completed? (if successful that is) Blimey loads of questions thanks if you can help M
-
i have just applied to the Police and everyone around me has said that a fraction of the applicants get into the Police and this therefore weeds out the people who aren't commited to being a Police officer. This has kinda worried me as all that hard work could be for nothing and I am commited to gettin the job, wotever it takes... I mean, wot are my chances of gettin in, realistically?? cheers, Hazel
-
Hi there, Was just wondering of anyone knew the pass marks for the three entrance tests for Strathclyde Police? Cheers, Hazel